Iron Fist NETFLIX Talkback Thread #3

Muscle Danny edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PCdGwViVMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn, this show is okay but Harold is a great character

I think it wasn't the best netflix show but it's one of the most consistent. It didn't have that big plunge in quality in the second half like JJ, DDs2, or Cage.

I still don't get how or even why Claire's hospital covered up The Hand attack.

This, oh my god. I wanted to like LC but dropped it at episode 5 it was so tedious. And I would have dropped DD S2 in the final stretch if I weren't already so invested in the characters and was rewarded with the occasional fantastic kingpin/punisher moments.

Currently on episode 9 of IF and I'm more invested with every episode, this episode's beginning really caught me off guard in a great way.

DD S1>DD S2 = IF>LC>JJ

That was what I noticed. I expected a huge plot change around episode 10 but it was one long story.

Daredevil > Luke Cage > Jessica Jones > Iron Fist

It helped a lot, I think, that they set up Howard for the long term with The Hand as immediate foes, and then tied the two together well.

I had some doubts about the show because at first it seemed like the crash was an actual accident, removing Iron Fist's revenge motive which was a major part of his character. Then it came back to it in a different way that still worked out pretty well.

the show was okay, one positive i can think of is its consistent quality, while this quality is simply being average. I felt DD S1 was a 10/10 show from episode 1 to episode 13, where as IF S1 is a 7/10 show from start to finish.

but you really gotta be harsh on the show for not having any crazy kung fu action or special effects, the craziest things you see is jumping over a car or blowing up a door, nothing else.

it was nice to see the actor of Faramir in the show and he provides the two funniest and most exploitaiton scenes in the show, but even his story arc just ends, like, he just had to be done by the end of this season.

its ok, the production value is good (cmon its filmed in new york) but yeah, we need better choreography, better action and better cutting.

Luke Cage is a piece of shit but at least it had some good actors. JJ and IF are painful to watch.

They did it, because The Hand is the Street Level/Netflix equivalent of HYDRA.
Everyone's part of The Hand. Even people who aren't.
Especially people who aren't.

I can dig it. Punisher of course becoming top dog once it airs.

Woof, I just watched episode one and if feels VERY slow. The show is too straight forward and there's not enough characters for an entire hour. Like, the first episode was just Danny Rand, the two business people, the hobo, Colleen Wing and the villain, and the entire time was them going "Danny Rand?"

We did not need a scene where the girl witnessed Danny jump the taxi then go to Ward and explain the entire Taxi scene to him. Like, that's PAINFULLY slow. This show is really repetitive with its conversations.

I believe that is the one fault of not having the 42 minute limiter. Writers don't tighten things up as much as they should.

>the first episode was just Danny Rand, the two business people, the hobo, Colleen Wing, Colleen Wing's tight butt and the villain
ftfy

Do we see a dragon?

>Danny
Looks more like Bob Ross to me

Post pics of Colleen's tight butt

Reminder that Defenders is gonna do IF better than IF

We see its eyes

It's the muscles, right?

Happy little Chi.

That haircut is already solving a huge problem for me

and it's probably short like that to fit under the mask

>LC had Misty's tits
>IF had Colleen's ass
What did the other two have? There's nothing even remotely attractive about Jessica and DD's drawing a blank.

I think the fights would have been better if they had Danny wear his cowl-cloth thing. That way a stuntman can take over when he fights. The fights are very underwhelming for a character that's supposed to focus on martial arts.

Not only that, it'd cut down on the times when you can see the stuntman's face when they do use one.

Oh, yeah, Jeri. Almost forgot her, which was weird considering she was one of the better parts of that show.

Deborah Ann Woll is like one of the prettiest chicks I've seen so it had that going for it.

Oh shit you're right, Jeri and her fiance were bangin

Oh. Turns out I don't know actresses' names at all. Whoops.

I dunno. She is pretty as fuck but the body isn't entirely there. And she shot Wesley.

No.

I'm aure he'll have something by Defenders to round out the cast's aesthetic and make DD stick out less like a sore thumb

Fair points

>Danny autisticly rolls his chair round to sit by Joy
kek

Are there no women in MCU K'un Lun? Davos was thirsty as shit.

>Ward explicitly says the pricing can fund new research
>BUT DA DRUGS SHOULD BE SOLD AT $5
God damn it Danny

>someone comes from K'un Lun
>people immediately ask if they have an Iron Fist

RACIST!!!

If only the actor was actually this hot
Sigh

He's getting there. Hopefully he's leaner by S2

Yeah it was interesting how they included some ethical quandaries that were multifaceted like that one, i'm sure it was intentional to play up Danny's naiveté and ignorance while getting you to sympathize with the Meachums but ultimately endearing the viewer to Danny. Good shit

Ward was stealing from Rand Enterprises the entire time. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

kek this is high tier shitposting

>that Hand School for Wayward Youngsters

Was that a jab at the X-Men?

Daaaaaaaamn

Episode 10 shit is getting crazy

I'm really debating on watching the show. So far the reaction from a lot of viewers, fans and critics tells me that this isn't a good show or a very enjoyable show by any means. I'm the kind of guy who would find pleasure in destroying every argument from rabid fanboys who think this is the best thing ever and fuck sjws IF the show fails to entertain me on right level but I don't know if I actually want to do that.

The show's fights should have been a bit faster (as in, with quicker strikes) and louder impact effects.

Episode 10 sucked ass.

Why?

Mind explaining a little more than that

Stop being an autistic, just watch the first episode and decide for yourself if you want to continue it or not.

Tell me why didn't retarded showrunners give the character his costume if actor can't actually into martial arts. Like nigga, did you learn nothing from Daredevil? Cox doesn't have to know fuck all about action, he's just a good actor and rest is left to stuntmen.

Does Daredevil show up at all? I'm at episode 6 and it feels like, from a plot point of view, DD should be there (at least, more so than luke cage in JJ).

>episode 4
>this info dump because they couldn't afford to shoot
God damn this show needs a better director and budget

Seriously, at least the mask

I think I figured out why the Meachums subplot feels oddly situated in the show even though it's not done badly (it's well acted and directed).

If you removed the Hand and stitched it together with a few added dialogue bits grafted on to fill out some plot holes, it could have been its own story because it's that big; Joy, Ward, and Harold have enough chemistry and character to supply all the necessary narrative machinery. A kind of more grounded Cryptkeeper or Black Mirror episode about a CEO who finds a way to cheat death thanks to some form of tech or mysticism that requires him to die first, trying to keep running his company through surveillance and thorough control of his neglected son while hiding himself away only for the MacGuffin that keeps bringing him back to life making him more and more unhinged with each use.

Same with Colleen's whole dojo master discovers the larger charity organization she's a part of is a front for terrorists, infiltrators, and saboteurs. The Dark Side of Honor, Discipline, and Loyalty.

How does Claire even manage to leave the house? She can't go a month without meeting some crazy adventurer or vigilante.

It's an overall consensus that first 2 episodes are piece of shit so it wouldn't actually work now, would it? It sounds like a show that I would either have to power through or shouldn't even waste a second on. I'm just debating if putting down autistic fanboys into the first is worth it for me to power through this.

>it's well acted

>expecting interconnectivity
>in Marlel television
user, you already know the answer.

Not him, but I like Harold and Ward

God the shows soundtrack is so mid 00's it hurts.

Couldn't they have done something like this (skip to 1:15 if you can't be bothered)
youtube.com/watch?v=2PCdGwViVMM

Or just something to ignore that wasn't a shitty pendulum rip-off complimented by occasional rap.

It's just shitty bait to trick people into wasting their time
>Oh user, it only gets good halfway through the season
>Yes user, the first season wasn't very good but by the second season it gets great
etc
The first episode alone tells you all you need to know: bad acting, bad fight scenes, boring corporate plot.

Because you have no standards.

The problem is so simple, these fucking faggots signed a 13 episode deal in the very beginning without having any idea of what to actually do with 13 episodes. It's to be expected that writing would end up going full retard. They should honestly do the first two introductory episodes, then take the episodic formula and then just wrap up the plot in the last half. At least that way it wouldn't have horrible pacing issues and plot going retarded for the sake of stretching shit out.

>get Iron Fist in costume
>It's not Danny, just whoever came after Orson

I don't know how I feel about this.

>all these scenes with Claire could have easily been Misty
Thanks Luke Cage

Not that guy but you're a huge faggot

You ought to be able to enjoy an actor for what they bring to a role not just for how technically proficient they are. The acting isn't great but yeah certain actors in this show do a great job bringing their character to life at least

Her curls would have made Danny's curls look bad!

Existing makes Danny's curls look bad.

>not wanting to see the Thunderer naked

Danny and Davos are fags.

that's his dad, dude

Nope

Fair enough. Existing at medium length.

>Colleen got Anakin'd by most of her students

Has this ever happened before in a Sup Forums thing? Like, a master who was betrayed by pretty much all of their apprentices?

She deserved it though.

Every time Elektra spoke my dick responded powerfully. Her arc may not have been the greatest but the actress played Femme Fatale to a T

and in JJ, Trish was a cutie

Davos should have been in this show since episode 3 or 4. The overall quality shot way up after he arrived.

>Claire not just saying "Hey, I've got a friend who can help with the Hand"

Please tell me Davos doesn't die and at worst loses his hand

I love her cause she is a big /tg/ nerd. She made everyone in the cast D&D characters based on them. Charlie Cox was a Paladin cause she said he was the kindest person she ever met

>Tomboy Honeypots

The Hand is more insidious than I could have ever imagined. This is way beyond even Hydra.

>killing a dude for not being able to beat the Iron Fist
You'll run out of henchmen if you do that

Harold is very interesting. Ward is a fucking dick and I hate him, but I like the dynamic he brings, cause without him Joy wouldn't be interesting at all.

>Jessica Jones going up against the drunken master guy
>sees him drink
>"Amateur."
>drinks all the bottles behind him, drinks the bottle he's holding, then flicks him through the door
>"I like this kind of Kung-Fu"

>Ward is a fucking dick and I hate him,
Delet this. Ward's me chum.

Oh FUCK that's cute. I love it when a girl has hobbies/interestsf

He also stabbed the super heroin chemist.

I doubt he reported that bit

But maybe

lol yeah i thought the same thing. Considering he was able to go toe to toe with him they should have promoted him and paired him with an extra guy. Oh well, bad guy shit

Ward is a very well done 'shitty person' character, he's even sympathetic

Daredevil has Karen Paige, who I think is the cutest of the Marvel Netflix girls at least.

He's like a Patrick Bateman who's crazy funny in a different way.

I wonder how many Black Skies an Iron Fist could take on before succumbing to their budget cut superpowers.

So were the bottomless pit and Black Sky hand projects supervised by Madame Gao specifically or just the Hand in general? Where do we stand on those at the moment?

Hey. Colleen had nice tits too.

>Fastest donkey cart

Those donkeys are probably magic maybe.

And underground cart racing ain't no joke.

>Coleens hard nips in the same scene as Claire in booty shorts while they're both sweaty

what was with Claire being so nosy all of a sudden. Was she just bored? cause previously she mostly wanted to keep to herself? Is she getting past that phase?

I'm just at episode 5, so questions are retoracle cause I'm not looking for spoilers. Just found that scene really weird and kinda funny.

Somebody pointed out that Claire could have easily been replaced by Misty and it makes sense

Jessica Jones is BLACKED: The Series