What went so horribly wrong with Justice League?

Domestic gross after two weekends in each DCEU movie's run:

Batman vs. Superman: $260,408,047
Suicide Squad: $222,640,741
Man of Steel: $210,078,153
Wonder Woman: $206,343,175
Justice League: $171,903,874

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFNX0-nSH0g
youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk&feature=youtu.be&t=125
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avengers-infinite-war-budget-billion-most-expensive-a7609566.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess the audience really is losing faith in the DCEU

Ever heard the proverb "Fool me once..."

Can't say I have, how does it go

WB got involved in the editing room again with a mixture Wonder Woman's hype raised the bar.

having BvS lead it in with .flv files of the new characters, lifted from Lex's wifi

MAH MAN!

It's a dumb redneck saying which is almost always wrongly used
Doubt the trailer boy even knows the next line not to.mention what it actually means

Too many directors
Zack Snyder still after BvS???
Too many executives
Kevin Tushijara
No concept of the idea that you can do dark gritty without dark filter
No concept of colors. People want color now.
No idea how to blend comedy/drama together
Try to make Batman do comedy? Out of all the other characters you had, Batman was going to do quips? Batman at most does quips to shut Clark down when they are teasing each other but even that is done semi-seriously
Bum fuck nowhere so it didn't feel like world ending event
Zod and Zod 2.0 were better monster with bigger stakes
Shitty CGI
And on and on...

It was the god awful abortion of a Snyder movie mixed with a Joss quip fest movie. Zach can't make a story and Joss can't make beautiful visuals. Combine those two can'ts and you get the Justice league

Kek, what a failure

Exec meddling
Zach Snyder
Joss Whedon
Boring universe w/ boring characters

Opening hours it got hit by the usual bullshit criticisms the pompous assholes put out, setting a sort of bar for normies to follow because they want to be in the flow.
The movie isn't horrible as a lot of people make it out to be; it was actually coherent and accomplished what an action movie should do. They changed a lot of the tones, but I felt like it's for the best. These superhero movies should be fun, not some tapestry to put gritty themes in, though it works for some characters. The movie got undeserved hate and was expected to be shit because of Snyder's previous works.

>it was actually coherent and accomplished what an action movie should do
No it fucking didn't. The pacing was horrible, the villain could be solo'd by Superman, and most of the characters had no arc to speak of. The entire thing was a rushed mess.

Hi Zack, maybe if you weren't such a limp-wristed faggot to WB your movie would have been better received

The movie was pretty fucking bad dude, for multiple reasons having to do with both Snyder and Whedon.

Don't forget Justice League also had the benefit of Thanksgiving weekend, still fell flat, and has the biggest budget of any DCEU or Marvel movie. There's no way this doesn't lose money

COME TOGETHA

>and has the biggest budget of any DCEU or Marvel movie.
It has the 2nd biggest budget in film history. Second only to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

This movie (among other things) is going to cause WB to be bought or sold off to another studio/company.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=KFNX0-nSH0g

>This A+ list mostly movie actor is driving producers crazy with his wishy washiness about continuing to play a superhero in various movies. I'm sure they would love to replace him because no one likes him as the character but it would cost them a bunch of money and they would have to quickly find a replacement. Ben Affleck ("Batman")

>Provided he can lose the weight and grow back his hair from his current role, this foreign born A list mostly movie actor is set to be offered the most money ever paid an actor for any role if he returns to the superhero franchise he walked away from. Other names might be thrown out there, but our actor is going to be offered $50M just to show up the first day of work and could stand to make another $100M if the movie does as well as would be expected. All of that for just one movie. Christian Bale (playing Dick Cheney in "Backseat")/"Batman"

JUST indeed

>Actually bringing back Christian Bale

Honestly, why does DC / WB think that Batman is going to work right now? Everyone is acting like it's unquestionably true that DC comics and Batman are billion dollar movies, and that if they aren't tremendously successful, then it's because they did something wrong. They waited like eight years after Batman and Robin before they rebooted with Batman Begins, yet they followed Dark Knight Rises with Man of Steel a year later, and took that straight into Batman again a couple years after that.

I just wish they'd chill. They can make money with superhero movies, obviously. Batman vs. Superman made $850 million, and that's not counting BluRay sales or such. There seems to be this general knowledge that the DC movie universe has to work, but I'm just not seeing it. Maybe take a hint from Universal's Dark Universe and realize that just because you want it to happen, doesn't mean it will.

WB is stupid. It's been proven. They have no plan and just come up with stupid ideas to "fix" things when they go wrong.

Bale wasn't really that good as Batman but normies still prefer him. However bringing him back now in this established universe is just pants on head retarded. Which is why they want to do it.

How in the fuck do they make superspeed look worse than a CW teen show?

And why did they allow the actor to run so fucking awkwardly?

I liked it and I wasn't expecting a whole lot. To me, it was a live action version of the Justice League cartoon with Kevin Conroy and all of them.

>And why did they allow the actor to run so fucking awkwardly?
Sore ass from that couch desu.

Justice League has already made close to a half billion world wide

And you faggots said it bombed

Why do you always lie?

Why are you always so butt hurt about children’s movies?

Let's face it. The only people who don't like super hero films are uppity self righteous joyless twats. These people are always miserable and angry. They always have an opinion about something they hate. In fact all they talk about is stuff they hate. They live such miserable worthless lives. Their opinions should automatically be ignored.

Marvelcucks are so fucking gullible. When Infinity War comes out, no one is going to care because it's going to feel exactly like every other Marvel movie and the critics will come down on them for that. Because the final battle against Darkseid will be fresh and new, people are going to love that especially because every DC movie that comes out is completely memorable and sticks out from every other.

You can go ahead and have bad opinions about movies, but I'm going to watch my movies and enjoy them without having to force myself to pretend to like it which is what all Marvelcucks have to do.

The budget is $300 million and WB have said that they need $600 million to break even.

Justice League is a gold standard for superhero team up sequences, something that Marvelturds need to take a lesson or two to learn from.

>Baiting this hard

Wonder Woman was so bad that it destroyed the DC franchise

I know this is a troll but half a billion dollars is absolute shit for this type of movie. Thor: Ragnarok is hitting 800 million, and it's the third movie for the bottom tier hero on their A-list roster.

Justice League needs to break 1 billion for it to be a 'success'. It's important to remember that the success in these movies isn't even the gross (though that's important). Justice League is their tentpole movie, they have 4 other projects that are relying on this one to hype them up.

The marvel strategy is to create a positive feedback loop where the tentpole movie creates hype for their solo titles and their solo titles build up hype for their next tentpole. DC has completely and utterly failed in their replication and at this point I don't even know what to say other than maybe throw it all out and start over?

ITT so many opinions, so many explanations.
the truth:it was not a great movie

I have no doubt in mind that Justice League will generate at least twice that much revenue especially if you consider all the memorabilia people are going NUTS over.

KA LEL, NO!

Huh ?

>What went so horribly wrong with Justice League?
Jews jewing.

HETERO PATRIARCHY, YOUR WRATH UPON THIS EARTH IS OVER!

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk&feature=youtu.be&t=125

Catholic here, we should do everything we can and more to introduce greater cohesive diversity in society, namely by stunting white, male privilege whenever possible

explain star wars

WB didn't say anything

In fact they are trying to hide it all they can, which is why the Box Office is, as of today, still N/A on Box Office Mojo.

*cackles*

wait, you say quips are for comedy? is this a mutt thing?

>were better monster with bigger stakes
>bigger stakes
>stakes
>in cape

*the budget

lol you think you are talking to a famous director when you are just throwing your feces at a mesopotamian suicide-prevention addiction wall which only has 211k current posters. you asshole.

>I have no doubt in mind
stopped reading there. retardation could be contagious and I do not want to risk it.

WB will get my money if and when they release a Zack Snyder cut. Whether that is theatrical or home media I don't care, but I have no interest in seeing a Frankenfilm ruined by Joss "suck my cock for lines in my schlock" Whedon.

Make it right.

>has the biggest budget of any DCEU or Marvel movie
Infinity War has a reported budget of $500M per part, thus making it $1billion budget.

To be honest Joss 'Your daughter's dead? I'll make kino instead' Whedon should have directed all the DC movies, maybe they wouldn't have bombed.

>And why did they allow the actor to run so fucking awkwardly?

They fucked him in the ass right before the scene.

I'm not saying JL is perfect. It isn't but anyway something will be corrected for the home video release.
Aside that there have been too many news and leaks forcibly discouraging the possible interest on the movie.
Daily negative fake reports and even after the opening in theaters you could read low quality critics linked everywhere. I've never seen something like this in decades.
In one word: hate.
So the true question is: why so many haters?
The answer is logic: it isn't Disney, but idiots that identify themselves WITH Disney's products and try to protect them.
There isn't identity with DC movies because DCEU arrived after MCU so the perception is that one of a copy.
This also explains high ratings for any MCU movie and low ratings for DCEU.

You have to understand that the last Thor isn't this big thing commercially. You are depicting it big, but truth is...
Try to compare it with the rest of MCU movies.
In USA Ragnarock is 10th on 17 movies and worldwide is 7th.
From this point of view most of its success is thanks to the worldwide income.
If you consider the whole superhero production... well Ragnarock is 20th! Will it top Suicide Squad?

>spewing such retarded bullcrap

Look Zack you can rebound, but shitposting on a Timbuktu handkerchief pattern website isn’t going to help that box office performance

>Will it top Suicide Squad?
?
It already did. It's at 790 million right now

It's also estimated to reach 860 million, which would make it the 3rd Marvel movie to beat both DC movies this year

I meant in USA. Here it was said it's the only market that counts.

Suicide Squad WB $325,100,054
Thor: Ragnarok BV $277,650,571

It's only been 4 weeks and the last weekend had a small drop. It could beat it.

lolz , like sack zynder would respond to a poast on aN ethiopian curtain-rod discussion blog.

Suicide Squad was at 283 million on the 4th weekend, and it opened with 11 million more.

So yeah, it can happen

Domestic doesn't mean shit on its own anymore with movies that have these production costs.

No studio looking at the numbers is going to care if Suicide Squad did marginally better in the states.

it's not gonna happen, would be too expensive to make. Most of what was cut from BvS was just exposition scenes, Justice League probably has a bunch of unfinished special effects and WB isn't going to spend millions on an extended cut for a movie they're already probably going to lose money on

>The upcoming Avengers films - Infinity War and another as-yet-untitled fourth film - will reportedly have an unprecedented budget of $1 billion.

>Speaking at a recent African American Film Critics Association meeting, Pinewood Atlanta Studios co-owner Dan Cathy mentioned the staggering number without naming which film he was referencing.

>Considering Disney are currently filming Infinity War in Atlanta and has rented the facility for the next year, we can safely assume the studio owner is talking about the Avengers flick.

>The number falls in line with previous reports that claimed Robert Downey Jr will be paid $200 million to appear as Iron Man in both films. Around $400 million of the budget is thought to have been spent on principle actors, screenwriters, directors, and producers.
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avengers-infinite-war-budget-billion-most-expensive-a7609566.html

The scenes are definitely unfinished, there was a cyborg leak where his model wasn't even textured. Although supposedly they could just cherrypick an handful of simple scenes, throw 'em in there and call it a director's cut just to bait retards into buying it (that's the whole point after all)

>reportedly
>we can assume

I am a proud American. I fucking love living here.
That being said, it would be downright retarded to think our glorious movie studios are only concerned with US box office totals. The only export we have now is Culture: movies, music, interwebs. Our GDP depends on it. I want to go back to the 80s and sell Levi blue jeans to the Russians.

>Around $400 million of the budget is thought to have been spent on principle actors
this is the reason everyone reading this post will get to experience Armageddon first-hand.

RDJ is a plague at this point.

You so sure. But Star Wars is on its way and will have no mercy.

B-but on Sup Forums is said t-that JL foreign income doesn't count b-because you must s-split it and what remains t-to the studio is usually lower than the effective income in U-USA!
So that's why USA/domestic income only counts!
So that's why JL it's a failure!

has JL made a FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS? no? then it is a failure. it cannot pay back the 2:1 theatre split, it cannot pay back the marketing costs, it... listen closely: completely FLOPPED. I would be amazed if I see another movie featuring batman or supes in the next decade. It's fucking depressing. I loved these characters so much and now they are ruined.

Studios get significantly higher percentages of the ticket prices from domestic than they do from overseas, because of all the more hands, currency changing, and foreign government faggots doing everything they can to keep it from leaving the country. For movies like this, studios are getting 60%+ domestic, whereas overseas that can be anywhere from 20-45%, and it's a lot harder to get.

Are they retarded? Bale was batman more than 10 years ago. Times change. Something that was popular 10 years ago won't be popular now.
I'd go as far as saying dark knight would flop these days.

>setting a sort of bar for normies to follow because they want to be in the flow
Because normies NEVER go against critical opinion besides the saw franchise and the scream franchise and the fast and furious franchise and the transformers franchise and the pirates of the caribbean franchise and the blade runner franchise and ghostbusters: answer the call

LMAO why so angry? It's something you actually don't even care about.
JL is out since 10 days and you repeat it's a failure from day 1 of the teaser.
But truth is: $482,903,874 in 10 days and more to come.
So it's not going to be a failure even if it doesn't reach the billion.
Deal with it.

FUCK YOU THIS WAS GREAT

>birdmancriticrant.mp4

The only reason it didnt make over budget was dat at this point. ..2017 ppl are pretty jaded with capeshit...soecially the normies.

Oh and it was flawed frm the strt

BUT IT WAS STILL FKN GREAT

I think it will make about 700M worldwide. The production and marketing was somewhere in the ballpark of 400-450M. Someone here explained a while back that studios get 70-60% from all ticket sales in America and about 35-40% from overseas and 20-25 from China. Ticket price varies from place to place so for the sake of an argument lets say it will make about 150M from USA and about 250-300 from overseas. That brings it right about at the production and marketing value, so if it will be a profit it's still out there. The real money will be made from Blu-Ray sales and action figures.

Avengers did in 10 days what JL can only hope to make by the end of its run, 820 million
With a smaller budget

It's the culmination of the franchise so far and it was supposed to compete with the Avengers. Now the Justice League, the "biggest superhero team ever", is just a B-list Avengers.

Boring movie with sprinkled instances of goofy dialog. Aquaman's character was so hard to take seriously.

JOHNS, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, DON'T DO FLASHPOINT!

I can see the logic in that: Batfleck is an older, wiser Batman that operated in the shadows, Christian Bale playing the role makes his movies cannon in this new universe and reminds people of the nolanverse batman movies, which were miles ahead of this shit (ie, it was not only plausible but obvious that someone would win an oscar for acting in one of them)

Anyone got a MEGA or link to the movie? Im shit with computers so I need spoon feeding.

Honestly I didn't realize the movie came out. I expect it to be absolute shit like BvS so I don't wanna pay to see it.

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you... fool me twice...

A fool can't be fooled again.

actually this. BvS burned the fucking bridges, but by day 1-2, everyone had seen it, hence the massive box office followed by massive drop off. They weren't about to be duped twice. Folk held off, waiting for reviews. Reviews were mediocre.

kino

They probably think the superhero trend will fade if they wait too long and clearly they don't even want to take their time building their universe step by step.

So 99% of Hollywood movies are b-list something.
This lack of reality is really problematic.

>domestic

theres your problem right there, americunts cant seem to grapple depth because Marvel has ruined cinema

What are you smoking dude

That just looks like it says Just Ice League. What would that movie be about?

fool me once shame on me fool me twice fiddle de dee

A bunch of meth heads tweaking together out and pretending they have super powers

>211k current posters
Does that mean unique posters a day?

Disney murdered Snyder's daughter and then planted Whedon to ruin the film. Probably threatened to kill more of his children if he speaks up.

>IT WAS FUKIN GREAT GUYS... fukin great... fuk...

Please for fuck sakes leave the poor man and his family affairs alone.

Nice. Based W

Snyder killed his own daughter because his massive ego won't let him walk away from a passion project, it would feel too much like a capitulation. He needed a perfect excuse that would let him save face after the back to back critical failures of MoS and BvS.