Probably the only reverse time travel movie that made sense

Probably the only reverse time travel movie that made sense

Other urls found in this thread:

screendaily.com/news/duncan-jones-hopes-netflix-project-mute-will-play-in-cinemas/5119283.article
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

God I hope Warcraft didn't put Duncan off making films, I'm pretty hype for Mute.

Should of ended at the kiss.

>Mute
looks like it's set for 2018, he does at least say he wants Mute to be the 2nd in a trilogy that began with Moon
screendaily.com/news/duncan-jones-hopes-netflix-project-mute-will-play-in-cinemas/5119283.article

Possibly the only time China saving a shit movie is something I approve of. I'd hate for that pile to have taken Duncan down with it.

Source Code was great

This is something so obvious that it seems everybody on the planet knows it except the filmmakers themselves

>Gyllenhaal is now in the body of a teacher whose life and education he knows absolutely nothing about.
>This is a happy ending because he might get some pussy

Why was this film so good?

dumb as fuck

based Jake

Im really curious what Duncan Jones wanted that was altered by the studios, he rants and throws shade at the Source Code producers every once and a while. My guess is the campy happy ending.

it was like a Twilight Zone episode turned into a movie

It's a happy ending in the sense that one possible version of Stevens gets another chance at life, with a woman he's fallen in love with.

We openly see that other outcomes resulted in Stevens being mercy killed and remaining a brain attached to just enough of a body to keep it alive in the other universes

>gets another chance at life
In the body of another person, who effectively died to make room for him.

>with a woman he's fallen in love with
While she is in love with the guy he replaced and is now posing as.

Am I the only one seeing the moral troubles of that, beside the practical ones.

What is CIA doing there

>In the body of another person, who effectively died to make room for him.
well, he was already dead in several realities because the train exploded in all of them, what's one more?

>While she is in love with the guy he replaced and is now posing as.
yeah, maybe they break up latter, maybe his family throws him in a loony bin when they notice him acting differently and with practical amnesia, all while calling a total stranger and telling him he is his dead son

at least he's not dead, though

jew

Oh no I saw the moral implications too. Just the practical ones on top of that mean it doesn't work as a "happy" ending except for in the most superficial, don't think about it at all way

>implying Jake now holds the secret of universe would be content to be a teacher
He would try to infiltrate that base to get near his old body

>Should of
Stop posting

What you dumbos fail to understand is that Gyllenhall's legless marine didn't "possess" the teacher from the "Other universe". There WAS no universe. The entire thing is a hallucination of the teacher on the train, who suffered a petit mal seizure and dreamt he was a marine from another parallel universe. During the aftereffects of the seizure he had heightened perception and was able to solve the bomb plot by picking up very subtle cues. It's no different to those medical cases where people get hit by trucks, go into a coma, and wake up able to speak French.

In the ending scene Colter looks confidently at camera and says "Project Source Code is ready to strike again" (or some shit)
Exciting music fade in. Camera zoom out. Cut to Colter in the box.

Why do they mean by this??? Is this a good thing ??? Why would Jake be proud of such a thing? My mind was blown.

What a shit fucking movie. Jones is a hack

>another terrorist attack
>Colter busts his nuts to solve it
>kisses another woman and dies to create another universe
>Takes on life of another person
>Terrorist attack never happened
>Project Source Code is still waiting for its field test
>there are three Colters in the world now

no one cares about the teacher...
and there are 2 colters now

I never understood. did they create an alternate universe or was it a life like simulation?

I mean, Colter doesn't care either, about the fact that there is a him out there lying in the box now. He seems to be excited to see that him being put into use soon.

After a while, Doctor Rutledge, the guy in charge, would realize in horror that there hasn't been an act of terrorism, major disaster, or even a single car accident since he iced that marine.