Who is the worst homer simpson type of dad and why is this asshole?

who is the worst homer simpson type of dad and why is this asshole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yAtCKewfCG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How?

youtu.be/yAtCKewfCG0

He is quite a nice guy though

The entire family has turned into the awful, but loving family stereotype.
If they are going to shove all that family bullshit at me and expect me to like it, they need to make the Watterson's dynamic actually decent.

he's one of the least terrible you no taste havin' retard.

How good he is really varies from episode to episode. Same with the rest of the family.

So who's the best "homer simpson" type of Dad then?

My money's on Hal. Fuck it if he's non-Sup Forums, he transcends beyond that.

user, that episode showed how awful Richard is.

This. ALL the family is fucking shit now.

Only the first few minutes did.

Can't Sup Forums enjoy at least one show without constantly complaining about it?

The whole episode did it. Remember how he almost killed his two kids for being too stupid. Nicole and Anais were fucking awful too. One of the worst episodes

That's what Sup Forums always does.

Hal was great. I loved him. I actually confused bryan cranston for being robin williams when he died.

Nah that episode is atleast defensible in that he's a well meaning idiot. There have been episodes where he's just a total ass on top of being completely useless.
I don't know from what I remember Hal was just a quirky dad, not a completely useless idiot or anything.

Backing you up on that, Hal is a treasure.

No we didn't. At least not till 2008 when garbage like Chowder and Flapjack got on air and inspired a "revolution" of noodle arm CalArts cartoons pandering to tumblrinas and sjw.

We've been depressed ever since.

flapjack is good tho

And I have always liked Chowder

what does Nicole see in this guy anyway

at some point you stop feeling sorry for her and you start thinking "yeah, you deserve this"

The world forced her.

What's so bad about him? He's Peter Griffin done right.

>garbage like Chowder and Flapjack
how to spot a contrarian

>Peter Griffin done right
He is way worse than pre-cancellation Peter so no.

he's cool, he just need to find a work without destroying the universe.

given the nature of the show I would not be surprised if what you say is true

Hal made that show dammit

>garbage "funny" retarded dad
>Mom confirmed garbage after the fridge
>Sister one of the worst cunts
>Gumball the biggest cunt ever
This is why flanderization is bad.

God, now I'm depressed...

Almost the only memories I have of my dad are negative, but this makes me wonder if I've forgotten some good times.

You can fuck off

Unlike Homer or Peter, he actually loves his family

kill yourself tumblr SJW shit

Different user here. What does liking either have to do with SJWs?

It's canon. In one episode, Gumball's enemy turned the parental filter of the world off and Nicole dumped Richard immediately

>Homer
>not a great, loving father
Homer is beyond anything from Gumball, retard.

Well, on many occasions Homer regretted ever having kids

Richard too.

You're just an assblasted autistic waifufag that can't accept the fact that you're beloved imaginary cat is fucking someone else

On one occasion, yes. But nevertheless, it doesn't really put Homer above him.

but user, Im actually in love with Richard and I want him to be my husbando, this thread is build on lies

Do you even know something about The Simpsons?

>If you don't like an awful character you are a waifufag
New Gumballfags are stupid

Hm...

The problem is she could do better, and he's pretty much a forth child she's taking care of.

perhaps shes the kind of person that wants people to be forever dependant on her?

Im just pointing out that one episode where Richard regretted having kids isn't really a solid argument, cause almost every Sup Forums dad did it at some point.

That was your argument

But thats basically the only argument people here have against Richard being a good father. Are there any more?

>new gumball fags
All of you fuckers are equally stupid.

It's either living in that shit family or becoming the tyrannical dictator of your country that is eventually taken out.

Homer's been trying to kill his son for the past 20 years
definitely not a good father figure

It should have been canceled decades ago

Even the old Gumball guide described Richard as a "not wise, nor a good role model for his children in any way" or something like that.

He is pretty good. Bart is just an asshole but also this

*knock* *knock*

That was just her imagination. Her own delusion. It's kinda sad

I kinda believe it because only one person was able to handle her power. She can make almost everyone back down and submit.

this thread is stupid, and any thread set up like this is stupid
but the LEAST you could do is take the 5 seconds to proof-read your goddamn post before you start a fucking thread with it
you ignorant teenage waste of space

I sense something fishy, but alright... Who's there?

Yeah that is why she has a shit job where is treated like shit

Well, it's kinda like Mr.Incredible and his shit job.

I hated Richard in the earlier seasons, but I don't really mind him now. I like all the characters honestly, that wasn't always the case.

*opens door*

He was much more than an "homer simpson" tho

What about destroying other universes?

he becomes less annoying in the latter seasons

thanks user you just made living away from my parents for the first time in my life just a little bit harder

I fucking love Richard since I'm basically him.

What do your kids think of you?

Lmao user, I'm not even an adult.
I mean it because I'm a fat, lazy fuck who at the same time SLIGHTLY cares about others.
My way of doing stuff is similar to his, too. And no, I am not retarded. Or autistic.

That was S2-3 though, they've actually improved

>I'm not even an adult.
Literally or maturely?

>being this wrong
S2 Gumball was the best Gumball in every single way. Current Gumball is the worst MC of the decade. Richard is shit too. All his S5 episode were "Richard is fat and stupid" episodes.

Big dong

Both, sadly.

MODS

>garbage like Chowder and Flapjack got on air
get

Chowder and Flapjack and midly Camp Lazlo were the only beacons of light during 2005-2009. They let CN hold on until some more kids can get some cartoons on air.

>S2 Gumball was the best Gumball in every single way.

he was the most boring and bitchy one

>Richard is shit too. All his S5 episode were "Richard is fat and stupid" episodes.

so have they been in all seasons

>"he was the most boring and bitchy one"
>This is what S3fags actually believe
For fuck sake

not an argument

Go watch some S2 episodes and compare that Gumball with current Gumball. S2 Gumball was totally based

He probably thinks Flapjack is SJW because CalArts.

>Hal
You added an extra H there user.

simpson writers all unanimously agree that food homer aka richard is the worst homer

Sup Forums is neo-tumblr!!!!!!!!
kid shows are for babies!!!

Jerk or "never learns his lesson" homer's the worst. Food/idiot homer's funny or cute, inspires my maternal instincts even.

Hal was god tier.

I don't know if Roger Baxter falls under "Homer Simpson type" but he's probably one of the most genuinely likeable Sup Forums dads I've see in the past few years
This show was way better than it had any right to be

I really dislike him, and think he just brings the whole show down. The cheap feeling of him being a caring father, is probably because he can't eat them and Nicole would end him if he did. For every episode dedicated to this literal man child, it is either trying to convince people he isn't as big a piece of shit that he really is, or showing just how awful he is if gets the slightest positive thing. He believes he gets a magic wand, and he goes full on hedonistic and even turns his kids inside out when they try to stop him from being an asshole. Gumball states the obvious and he is bad guy, even though Nicole knows it is true as well. Instead of asking Nicole to help find and save them, Richard almost kills Gumball in the junkyard, because he tries to do it alone.

More recently, Richard gets fit and yet again he doesn't become a better dad, he just becomes a more active asshole without needing the car to cause destruction, even stopping fire fighters from putting out a building just so he can show everyone just how much of an asshole he is, and gets praised because he accidentally puts it out, when. Worst offender is where he forgets the kids at the mall and then destroys half the town again trying to find them without Nicole knowing, in an attempt to show people he cares about them, instead of being shit dad. I hate all episodes focused on him because I know it will just boil down to trying to get sympathy points, or what not do if you have some braincells.

how many fucking times are they going to switch Gumballs voice actor

>episodes trying to convince people he isn't as big a piece of shit
This really bothers me. Instead of improving the character the writers just keep making those "Richard is an irredeemable fat retard and he is gonna be the same no matter what but he is good inside so you have to love him" episodes. The Hero is a good example. He did everything wrong in that episode but you have to love him. He did everything wrong yet Gumball was the bad one and you have to hate him. Seriously, what is wrong with Richard having a job? What is wrong with Richard being less fat? What is wrong with Richard actually being useful?

This show is a comedy first and foremost, so I'm willing to look past all of Richard's faults as long as they make him funny.

But a lot of the jokes surrounding him are usually something along the lines of "LOOK HOW DUMB AND CHILDISH AND FAT RICHARD IS XD", which isn't funny at all.

That ones okay by me because atleast he's a loving dad meanwhile in shit like the wish he's such a fucking asshole.

We could only hope to be half the man he is.

/thread

But al sint anything like homer.

This is the only good Richard

what if we enjoy complaining?

Did Richard ever physically abuse his kids? Does he have a substance abuse problem?

t. le 00's kid

This is among the Top 5 in the most incorrect things I've heard on Sup Forums.