Did someone just say something reasonable...

Did someone just say something reasonable? Did Tom realize that making the story center around Annie distorts how we see her actions?

Fuck off Red

at best I can only see half of what she says as being valid. Asking the psychopomps for help instead of bipping to medical help, asking the faeries to help when they have a messed up set of priorities and could be seen as Annie taking advantage of them but fuck Red, I saw most of that as deflecting her own issues of admitting she said I love you and giving Blue a fucked up name. The fact that Annie didn't give into her fire rage, which she still supposed to have a problem with without her stone, and get in Red's face with a burning aura feels like a big missed opportunity, especially if this is just to make Annie look bad

>>especially if this is just to make Annie look bad

It's not to make Annie look "bad", it's to draw parallels between Annie's quest to exorcise Jeanne and Anthony's quest to see Surma again. Both were well-meaning ghost quests, but both put innocent people in danger

I think the point was to retroactively make the reader question Annie's own motives for what she did.

What reason does she ACTUALLY have for dragging a bunch of other underaged people into a problem very likely to kill one of them that doesn't really concern them, or even her?

She had a point about Ayilu. Annie was very irresponsible and took advantaged of her, putting her and Red in real danger in exchange for something that Costs Annie nothing and wasn't hers to give.

The rest of the stuff about Annie's friends though? I think that's a mix of Red not knowing the whole story and deliberately twisting things to make Annie feel bad.

Because if it wasn't obvious to everybody, Red is fucking pissed at Annie. In a culture where fairies are constantly rude and badmouth eachother out of affection, A sign of real anger and disgust is an apparent lack of emotion. Red's been acting 'out of character' for a reason.

>What reason does she ACTUALLY have for dragging a bunch of other underaged people into a problem very likely to kill one of them that doesn't really concern them, or even her?
Empathy. Compassion. A sense of justice. The same reasons those other underaged people VOLUNTARILY helped.

But there aren't any parallels there at all.

>The fact that Annie didn't give into her fire rage, which she still supposed to have a problem with without her stone, and get in Red's face with a burning aura feels like a big missed opportunity, especially if this is just to make Annie look bad

Isn't she still cut off from the fire?

Please tell me muscle Parley is only temporary

I remember recently she got beaned on the head with a volley ball and burned it without thinking

Showing her arms probably.

She'll go back to sleeves and her usual proportions while wearing them soon, user.

The psychopomp thing was reasonable since keeping a person alive enough to resuscitate is about as simple to the as not letting them into the afterlife yet. I can't be absolutely certain about how amazing the doctors are but I feel like they aren't going to be on par with actual gods.
Even not taking that part into account you have the fact that there was medical help right there in the form of the psychopomps so bipping to the emergency room would be bipping to get something you already have.

okay, Get it Together, the chapter before Parley came back and they decided it was time to free Jeanne she still had problems containing her fire until near the end
but there's a difference between getting pissy at throwing gutterballs and some shithead giving you the riot act

When red first started talking about this stuff I was happy, like Oh hey they're addressing the shit I had problems with in the last chapter but as she kept talking I just kept feeling pic related

>Ayilu
>Not Aliyu which rolls off the tongue easier and is more in-line with the actual thing Red was claiming not to have said

Everyone knew the risks and dangers and all had the same reason for doing it; because it's the right thing to do.

This fairy talking out of her fucking asshole.

won't lie, I've just been reading it at aliyu in my head

In all fairness, I doubt the fairies gave a toss about Jeanne and her boyfriend's plight either. They were just getting Blue a name in return for something that meant nothing to them.

Red was wrong. If you agree with Red then you are just as wrong.

It's not as simple as that.

everyone had their own reasons for dragging themselves into it, its not like annie guilt tripped everyone into doing anything, except the fae, which yeah could be seen as taking advantage of

ive been pronouncing it as aeiou the whole time