2000AD Storytime: XTNCT

Hey Sup Forums let's read XTNCT, which is a Judge Dredd Megazine story by Paul Cornell and Matt Brooker.

It's weird, it's post-apocalyptic, the main characters are all genetically modified dinosaurs. It features Sup Forums and Raptor Jesus before they existed, and it has one of the greatest sex scenes ever printed.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/exodus/3-14.htm
britishcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Dinosty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(It's pretty short too so an easy storytime)

It would be wrong to out-and-out say Raptor is the best character this early, but...

Will its 3rd season be a flop or a massive success? I've heard that the writing staff is in flames as of now.

WHOOPS

Holler if you're reading, and discuss the comic or just up and post your threads in this one I guess. Whole point of posting comics here.

>CN FL T!
>CN FL SMTHNG!

NFL I also have a soft spot for the two in the second panel.

I love this bit.

2000 AD is the shit, really a part of growing up when I was 16-17 and had a stash of good Sup Forums shit dumped on me. Absolutely loved Slaine and Nemesis. The plot could get really weird, oppressive or otherwise depressing (Halo Jones in particular) but I appreciated that these comics were uncompromising clusterfucks.
I forget the exact name of the series of oneshots (Weird Tales?), but the one with the Platinum Horde was awesome.

All the weird tales, time twisters, etc come under Future Shocks. I think that one's Alan Moore too.

I read a lot of 2000AD/the JDM growing up and it had a big influence on me too.

This is not the sex scene I'm talking about in the OP btw.

I cannot get enough of those bottom panels.

d'israeli is great

Huh, this seems strangely familiar.

Awwww yeah, XTNCT!

Reading this was my first contact with his art. Blew my mind a little. Grand dude.

This is true.

that dirty frank as a samurai cover is still my favorite thing ever

Fun, op

biblehub.com/exodus/3-14.htm

I remember an old pat mills strip called "Dinosty" or something similar with a royal family of dinosores

Here it comes, get yourselves ready...

The very best kind of conflict resolution.

Huh.

This one?

britishcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Dinosty

I'd never heard of it, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

that's the one, if you really want to do an obscure 2000ad story, you should try to find Finn

Is that Rupert the fucking Bear being killed by Raptor?

Glorious comic OP, thanks for the dump!

And that's it! Thanks for reading.

I remembered this as being longer but on reflection I think it's really well-paced. While fast, it manages to take space where it needs to and has really strong character PoVs for such a short story.

Thanks for storytiming, OP.

>Rupert Bear
What is this? LoEG?

Thanks a lot for posting, OP. Beautiful stuff.

I'm reading Lawless just now, incidentally. Can only imagine on the effect the first strip of that had on you.

This page reminds me of Dinosaur Comics

>tfw you get massively hyped for a new comic
>tfw it comes out
>tfw the hype is real and it only gets better with each book
Seriously, the end of book 3 was spectacular. You're in for a ride if you've just started. And I do mean A Ride.

Please note based Rupert does not actually die.

Thank you for storytiming.

Old 2000AD was absolutely bonkers in all the best ways.

H wsnt hrd ngh t fght Rptr thgh, ws h?

Where do you draw the line on old and what do you think the new isn't? Right now you've got like Kingdom and Kingmaker and The Order which are all pretty out there, and Milligan just finished his Dayglo identity theft thing.

I don't personally like The Order very much but it's a pretty nutty concept.

TH BST

Thanks OP, that was a fun ride.

If you feel like more 2000AD

BMP!

Up!

God I fucking love d'Israeli's art. Especially his most recent stuff, he just get's cartoonier all the time and I adore it. What year is this from please OP?

Hahah double-posting but I just noticed the cactus person, I wonder if that's a China Meiville homage?! Yeh I need to know what year this came out, now....ah yeah I suppose it could be a reference to the Bas-Lag stuff since Perdido Street Station and The Scar came out before this...