Buyers remorse

To those that buy books, do you have a certain trade or collection of singles that you hoped would be good, but actually turned out to be a waste of time and money?

I was actually really excited for this cause I liked Schmidt's art but they change artists after the 3rd issue and Percy gives Ollie a shit villain and makes shado a villain accomplice for NO fucking reason, other than to have another archer for Ollie to fight

I also collected the first 3 volumes of JMS's run on amazing Spider-Man but got bored after vol 3, and the first 6 issues of arkham knight before I realized it was going nowhere

>not just pirating that shit before buying it
Dumbass.

You are gonna hate almost every Rebirth one if you are mad about changing artists, it's gotta happen since the books are bi weekly.

Also, Percy is playing the long term game and both of those problems you have get resolved. Emiko gets focus later on and the organization behind the scenes gets more attention.

>doesn't like Ferreyra
SHIT TASTE DETECTED.
His name is literally on the cover

Trade for life, better quality and cheaper than buying shitty overpriced singles with ADs except for Kill or be killed those backups are great

It just felt like they wanted to make the organization sound cool by burning their indoctrinated and alluding it all to the divine comedy, but they just seem like an ill fit for GA.

He basically wiped them out by the end of the volume, so I would hope they're more fleshed out later

Schmidt > Ferreyra

But that's my opinion. My fave art styles for GA would be a tie between sorrentino during Lemire's run and Jock's in year one

Most of my collections are trades, and I prefer it that way. I'll only usually get a single just to see if I might be interested in a particular character or writer

They're still the background villains right now, they kinda have their fingers in a bunch of pies.

What kind of villain would fit GA? The Illuminati vs a liberal, hero of the people makes complete sense. We don't need more archers or supernatural villains which have no ties to the more liberal version of GA.

i drop books when i realize they are going to shit so i have a bunch of unfinished collections of singles i guess, usually by the 3rd or 4th issue you'll know if its worth dropping. If I'm satisfied with the first arc I can trust an author to not completely shit the bed afterwards usually

Like I said, they felt pretty under utilized, and it didn't seem like a challenge for Ollie to take down their base when he attempted the rescue of emiko. He barely got any dialogue between him and the head dude either

Also the asshole who stole Ollie's money and pretended Ollie was dead was just a merger of Emerson from Lemire's run mixed with Komodo, minus any actual threat in terms of fighting

I don't know, it just felt like treading on familiar territory a little too much

I like that they're trying to make GA more like his older pre 52 self, but having Ollie call himself an SJW in the first issue feels like being out of touch and not really understanding what made old GA great

Also having Shado be a villain is kinda retarded when she withstood torture from vertigo for months just to protect Ollie's dad's secrets, plus she was more on the side of the outsiders anyway

Some writers do that quicker than others. I've heard Peter j thomasi is decent but his run on arkham knight makes me doubt that. Then again I wonder how much of that is his fault of that of rocksteady's

I have a few actually....

>a trade of Waypool
I saw the cover of it showing Spider-Man kicking Deadpool in the face and thought it might be good. This is how I learned how bad Waypool actually is
>Batman: The Killing Joke
I picked this up for 10 dollars at my local Wal Mart and wanted my money back, this is how I learned never to read something based on hype alone
>Tank Girl volume 1
Apart from having almost no coloring at all, I found that the comic's humor and what they often reference is lost on me. This is how I learned no to buy something without checking it out first.

Out of those three though, Tank Girl is without a doubt the best.

pirate the other issues of GA, the later arcs resolve most of your problems.

Happened to me all the time with floppies... I've become a bit smarter about it now. Trades though? No way, I don't buy trades unless i know i like the content already even if i haven't read all of it.

Yeah most of my floppy pickups now are either Image books or DC's Young animal... I'm getting a few of the rebirth books but decided for once to actually pick up superman and batman stuff, and its been pretty good so far, esp superman.

I own Teen Titans Child's Play. It's awful and no one wants to buy it from me.

The first new Wildstorm. dropped it after that

>picks up the killing joke as a first batman tpb...

its a fucking character study of the Joker you moron of course you didnt like it.

It was not my first batman comic user, my first actual one that I sat down and read was No Man's Land, but I herd a number of people, online and at my lcs, that hyped up KJ as a MUST HAVE batman book. The first ever Batman book that I bought for myself was Court of Owls (and I promptly dropped Snyder Bats after it too) followed by Year One.

Yeah I wouldn't buy TT if I were you

I've read other TT comics that have actually been good but Child's Play sucks. It doesn't help that it was one of the first comics I read with Beast Boy in it after being a huge fan of the cartoon version of him because he's such an arse in that comic and nothing like he's in the cartoon.

Yeah, none of the characters in that cartoon are like how they are in the comics, I'm a little surprised this surprises you.

Most of the stuff that I've stopped reading is Marvel. I am not a fan of Slott's current status for Spider-Man and I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislike the current books. It has just been mediocre or really damn boring, plus Peter's been acting like huge asshole even after Superior Spidey ended.

Sometimes when Marvel/DC are liquidating their stock, you can find deals of 20-30 random trades for $40. The only problem is that you're probably not going to get anything really good (though you get a few gems sometime).

Just picked this up today at a con as an impulse buy. Now I'm regretting because some people were making it sound lame.

>Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy run
I don't really like any of Bendis's writing in general but I was gifted the first 3 or 4 volumes and just finished it up to secret war

I bought all of the locke and key hardcovers and I completly regret doing it.

I feel like that's more of a Marvel thing. Never seen it with DC.

I never buy floppies any more
Its nice to be able to put a book on a bookshelf rather than having to put it in a plastic bag then a box.

>Dark Knight Strikes Again

>A couple of issues of Action Comics

>Deadpool minus 1