And we still don't have a movie.

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63YruDd2nJY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It has an ongoing comic book which no one reads if even scans

>ongoing comic book

>One of the best

>Episodes consist of DD being a buttmonkey 99% of the time but managing to win anyway

You're either underaged as fuck or your dad fucked you every time Darkwing Duck aired.

>mfw the latest issue

To be somewhat fair, it's being done by an imprint that almost no one has heard on an "expect it when you see it" schedule. It's been over a year and I think they are finally on issue 7.

I actually had to argue my LCS and pull out a previews to convince them that it was even a real thing.

>We'll never see him again because of cancellation
I really wanted to see what would happen if e came to face to face with Negaduck again.

DW needs a game that parodies BatHam.

If Ducktales succeeds, will Darkwing Duck have a chance?

Ducktales just seems like it's trying to replace Gravity Falls because of how close GF was to DT to begin with (Look-a-like siblings go live with their stingy uncle and go on adventures). Half the team on the crew used to be on GF, and I assume they're only doing it because they want to have a show as popular as GF that won't be held hostage by Alex. So I'm not sure whether or not Disney is actually trying to test the waters with reboots, or if this is literally just a "We want our Gravity Falls back" deal.

The NES game was a pretty decent Megaman clone.

is it true he's the terror that faps in the night?

Well, Jim Cummings is still alive, so I'd watch it.

I really meant to scan and storytime but I'm too bogged down in work to do it anytime soon.

>DuckTales gets made to ride the coattails of the Gravity Falls fandom, and will (likely) honor the material juar enough to widen that demographic to the 80's nostalgiafags while they're still relevant
>Darkwing Duck could capitalize on the capeshit audience, and could possibly use the "shared universe" gimmick to leech off of DT's imminent success since that's the hot new thing to do
It'a plausible, but it'd probably end up a lore-based comedy with season-long story arcs involving Negaduck or something.

Wait, did it really get canceled?

I like Darkwing Duck but he only seemed like a superhero in the 2 part premiere

In the rest of the show he was basically just another comedy talking animal. It was still amusing, but like, Gargoyles was more of a superhero show and they didn't even wear cool costumes.

Not him, but Darkwing wasnt that good. I recall the plots being borderline retarded after rewatching it some months back. Shit like Quackerjack going back in time to stop the yoyo being invented and Darkwing going to Japan to learn belly flopping.

Though the first episodes with Bulba were goat.

darkwing c.uck.

Yeah, apparently Joe Books is dropping all their Disney titles.

No idea what was going on with the marketing, barely anyone seemed to know they existed.

I think you might have imagined the latter one.

Didn't it start off more The Shadow then turn Cape?

Most of the later episodes have standard silver-age superhero fare plots.
It was a parody.

Frank Angones, the Co-Producer/Story Editor is a fan so hopefully one day soon.

I mean a cape-parody series with the possibility of a shared universe with DT would probably go down well in this day and age.

He went to China.

The joke was he fell down a hole, and ended up in China.

If Duck Tales does well enough I can see Darkwing making an appearance of some sort in the show.

Though I'd lose my shit if he appeared in Kingdom Hearts.

It's because of what this guy said. A publisher no one had ever heard of with an inconsistent release schedule. And marketing unfortunately requires more than just a facebook page and the writer's twitter account.

I'm silently hoping IDW picks it up. They've been treating their Disney comics greatly so far and I'm certain Darkwing can do well under them.

Forgot to add, not being released digitally doesn't help it either.

>It'a plausible, but it'd probably end up a lore-based comedy with season-long story arcs involving Negaduck or something.
That's pretty much what both comic series where and they worked pretty well.

It'd be interesting to see what they do with the more lenient attitudes towards censorship these days.
They could probably get away with Beelzebub these days.

I wonder if the new Duck Tales series might encourage them?

Same publisher attempted a Star Vs comic that died after four issues. DuckTales ain't gonna do shit for Darkwing.

I liked the show as a kid but the 2-part premiere did always have something to it that was missing from a lot of the rest of the series with the odd exception. Like moments with Darkwing being really competent and kicking ass were always great. Better than dumb shit where he was a typical comedy animal that got lucky.

I remember BEFORE the blind Batman episode of B:tAS there was actually a blind Darkwing episode and a part of it where he kicked ass. Those parts were cool. I wanted more of that.

There were some things that were funny parodies, like the Twin Peaks parody (who decides to have a straight-up Twin Peaks parody in a kids' cartoon? I was watching TP with my parents so it was funny to me but I always wondered who the fuck that one was for) and Darkwing had some funny lines, like this one from the Disney Adventures comic

"You, fake a seizure. While the crowd is stealing your wallet and shoes, I'll sneak out the back way."

Or one episode where he started losing his shit because supervillains were always "pun-obsessed." Though that's the thing The Tick was a better superhero parody overall.

Honestly though I really wouldn't mind a lore-heavy reboot more in the style of the premiere at all. They could play up the adult appeal more and without the stupid typical Disney funny animal slapstick the stronger bits of the show like its occasional surreal or more adult humor or a superhero learning how to raise an adopted daughter and balance a family life could shine. It could definitely be better than the original.

I remember him bringing out the kickass more than winning by luck to be honest.

That's what 'Let's get Dangerous' was all about.

Stuff like pic related episode, you could see how he could be scary if he was serious about something. I also liked Gizmoduck in Ducktales but I rooted for DW against Gizmoduck in DWD because DW was the "guy without superpowers who has to go toe to toe with superpowered people" here (before I really digested Batman in that role when I got older).

>a movie
You want it go go to shit, or what?

Dan Castallenta was pretty funny as Megavolt. More his Krusty the Klown voice than his Homer Simpson voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=63YruDd2nJY

He and Jim Cummings bounced off each other really well.

If there ever is a reboot, I hope they get both of them back on board.

>IDW picking it up

We could be so lucky.

I'd love for them to parody Batman v. Superman with a Darkwing vs. Gizmoduck story-line.

Ducks of Justice

But if Jim Cummings stars in a Darkwing Duck reboot, who will voice every single character in World of Warcraft?

Wait, the Darkwing Duck comic is back?

>Quackerjack

I don't know how to feel about this. I really liked his annual story and thought it ended perfectly. They have a shitload of villains to do stories around before undoing a great ending.