What is the saddest thing you've seen in a comic/cartoon?

What is the saddest thing you've seen in a comic/cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PD7qi8VK_o
youtube.com/watch?v=1G371JiLJ7A
youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk
youtube.com/watch?v=CjS7LTUJARo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I Kill Giants and Inside Out both made me cry

>Iron Giant stopping the missile
>Bruce having a dream about not being able to save Harvey which led him to dream about his parents
>Dinobot's final moments

>The moment when Steve Rogers goes to the Veterans reunion, and all that's left is him and one other member

lol

>>Dinobot's final moments

And the rest is silence.....

Memory loss stuff always gets me and nothing hit me harder than I Remember You.

>Constantine waking up to realize his reunion with Kit never happened.
>"We are such little men"
>Butcher's backstory from The Boys
>The ending to The Slavers
>The ending to My War Gone By
>Jesse crying for the first time since he was a boy and telling Tulip he loves her
Garth Ennis in general. But man, I don't think I've ever seen anything more moving than that telephone call with Walt and Skylar in Ozymandias

I was more sad about Amp dying than her honestly.

My reflection on the tv screen

Iroh's tale in Tales of Ba Sing Se. He spent his whole day helping others (even a mugger) just because he couldn't help his son. That and the ode to Mako at the end.

Also the beginning montage in Up. Damn.

>Also the beginning montage in Up.
Fill me in. Spoiler if you have to.

Yeah sons lost in wars always gets to me for some reason. I cry during every viewing of Two towers at the funeral and speech by Theoden.

Ironic, considering I believe War is the lifeblood of man, and I enjoyed my combat time immensely

Probably not the most depressing thing, but definitely the most memorable depressing thing.

that ending was rough as shit.

Actually the whole movie really.

Is he dying?

It looks like he's dying.

Reboots
Especially for show that were bad to begin with
>samurai jack
>PPG
>regular Show
>adventure time
The only one that was better than its predecessor is TTG, and that's because of the increased animation quality, and that fact that it is now actually funny

The ending of When The Wind Blows is pretty sad

The entire movie is fucked... Spend fucking 80 minutes watching an old couple die...

Jessie's backstory in Toy Story 2 with that goddamn Sarah MacLachlan song.

Wally thanking Barry for giving him such a good life as he's absorbed into the speedforce.

Captain Marvel sacrificing himself to stop the nuke in Kingdom Come.

The reveal of God's motivations in Preacher.

Wanda being a woman in the afterlife in Sandman.

"Superman" in The Iron Giant.

All of The Underwater Welder hit really close to home for me because its literally my life.

Rorschach's death.

Xander saying "Her name is Dawn" in the final issues of Buffy Season 9.

Fuck you....stop reminding me of Iron Giant. Typing this with tears in my eyes.

Here's the (You) you wanted.

this, but after docens of fake deaths, clones resurections and things like that I don't care anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=2PD7qi8VK_o

The beginning of Up was pretty sad

That one cuts off abruptly. You should have linked this one: youtube.com/watch?v=1G371JiLJ7A

What was God's motivation in Preacher? I forget.

my bad just used the first one I saw

This

Mary and Max and Persepolis both made me want to curl up and die.

A short story.

Some context the story opens with Herb getting beat up by obvious stand ins of all the image characters and then cut to this scene.

Clay Puppington's life.

This entire fucking issue.

It's a toss up between him and nox

He just wanted to be loved.

Both of these episodes make me tear up.

He ws never alive

Top-tier, for sure.

Also pic related scene in Steven Universe

And the season 2 finale of Star Wars Rebels devastated my heart.

>had mother who killed his unborn siblings by doing stupid shit while she was pregnant
>killed mother by unknowingly inducing a heart attack from a prank
>learnt and taught himself to think that physical abuse is a sign of affection b/c of his father
>learnt to provoke people so he could get that affection
>abandoned by father b/c he was sick of his son being a trolling attention whore
>became relatively better as an adult until his future wife made him drink
>forced to propose to the woman
>becomes an abusive father to 2/3 children

Don't forget
>Develops an oedipus complex
>closeted bisexual

Sweet Tooth, when you meet the tortured hybrid animal/human children. I almost shed a tear reading it.

I wanna be an architect.

Bismuth was definitely one of the signs that Rose wasn't as good as everyone thought. She literally could've told anyone, even Pearl who she apparently told everything to.

Behind that I put Lapis' backstory. She got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, lost her form and got into a mirror, lost the ability to communicate properly because of a crack on her gem, wasn't discovered for quite some time until Pearl showed up, only to be stuffed into Pearl's gem and left isolated until Steven showed up. That's at least a few hundred years of being sealed away, barely escaping being sealed away even LONGER (possibly forever) if not for Steven's interference.

Barely escaping that, she returns home only to find that everything is different technology-wise, her Diamond is barely in charge, if at all, since she's still grieving, and now they want to kill the only person who bothered to be her friend after thousands of years. Protecting said friend cost her the only home she had, she was pursued by a nutjob who was obsessed with her and now she's stuck in a barn with a pumpkin and an obnoxious nerd.

Everyone says they hate what Lapis has become, but considering the above circumstances I can't say it doesn't make sense.

leaves from the vine/falling so slow... gets me every time man

When the little sister dies in Grave of the Fireflies...

When the StrawHats burned down the Going Merry.

Watership Down

Beginning of Up or the end of Jurassic Bark probably.

I'll always be the minority about this opinion but I always felt the luck of the fryrish to be sadder

Simon singing the Cheers theme song at the end of Simon & Marcie always makes me choke up.

>Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
;_;

Luck of the Fryrish was great as well. It's a little more hopeful/less bleak though in my opinion.

Maybe it depends on whether you had a brother or a dog growing up. Doesn't help that I had a dog when I was a kid that looked a bit like Seymour.

It's an infinitely better episode, too. Jurassic Bark is garbage.

Up probably has the record for making the most people cry in the shortest amount of time.

4 minutes into the movie, jesus

This kills me every time. Probably because it's so bittersweet death is warm and loving, not painful and terrifying, the child is only regretful, not destroyed, but the parent knows nothing but a heartbreaking pain they will never shake. I don't know if it has the same impact of you've never lost a child or had children

>When the little sister dies in Grave of the Fireflies...
I knew it was coming the whole movie but that didn't make it any easier

The fanbase

I really liked her and Yorick's relationship, I wanted them to just be happy together and I never feel this way for fictional characters(or even real people).

&'s death was gut wrenching too but I was glad he at least died peacefully after decades of being with Yorick.

El arte de volar, is easily the most depressing comic i have read.

Everything you said resonates, I once wept when I couldn't remember an especially joyful moment with my brother. Biggest fear is losing my memory or my parents getting dementia.

Maybe not sad to everyone, but everytime the brother was cold or mean towards the sister my heart would drop ,it reminded me of how cold and distant I had been towards my sister when we were younger even when she would show me nothing but love and admiration as her big brother, and how she grew up to be the same way towards me, the ending made me wish I could have learned to appreciate her love earlier so that things could be different between us. Now she won't even look at me.

>Jurassic Bark is garbage.

DELET THIS

The Illusionist is pretty damn depressing overall

I remember it being boring more than anything.

delet this

I was just thinking about Iroh and tearing up, thanks for posting about it

... dude I can kinda relate

My war gone by ending is one of Ennis crowing achievements in despair. And that's saying something

Totally don't remember that. When did we learn that?

It's such a beautiful day.

I'm even more in the minority. The ending of Overclockwise is the most emotional moment for me. Watching two peoples faces as they read over their entire future together, hit me hard.

>that time when Clay was desperately trying to confess to Morel's coach and make him stay and was doing it all in front of his WIFE

really fucking cringey but also depressingly sad

This tried a little too hard to be sad for me to buy into it to be honest.

That Uprising thread made me sad.

yo this episode as a kid mad me sooooo fucking sad! I actually teared up when i was little and my parents were like bboy stop cryin

this whole message is just baaddd all of it just bad

brah i was so mad by the end of that movie
fist bump

gdammit man that shit was fucking depressing

only correct answer

The Going Merry was the first time I cried reading a comic (manga)

this

Spider-man's marriage being erased

Ralph crashing her car infront of her eyes always makes me cry

youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk

youtube.com/watch?v=CjS7LTUJARo

Yeah that one was unexpected and fucking harsh.

I was like "Are they seriously fucking doing this?"

...What is this?

None, he was just a dick.

>I LOVE YOU ....orel

Is this loss?

Does this end with her getting sent to hell?

>I Forgive You

>The moment when Steve Rogers goes to the Veterans reunion, and all that's left is him and one other member

This hurts to remember but makes me smile when Steve fixes his medals for him.