If Samurai Jack's final season ends up being a big hit...

If Samurai Jack's final season ends up being a big hit, what do you think will end up happening with FLCL and it's revival?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fxXWzqkSeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No idea but I am really not looking forward to this.

>Sup Forums is so shit people cannot discuss anime there

If I brought it over there then nerds would just cry about how it's a Toonami western anime or whatever. Might as well save the post time.

Unlike Jack, FLCL did not need more episodes. It was a finished series. This is just a lazy nostalgiabait attempt that will be 6/10 at best

Who is working on it?

FLCL is my favorite anime and I am

T E R R I F I E D
E
R
R
I
F
I
E
D

that they are going to fuck it up.

Not the original team, so who cares?

>Not the original team, so who cares?
Re: Cutie Honey and Birdy the Mighty: Decode weren't either and they where greats.
But if it's by neo-Gainax it will be shit.

>Not the original team
Into the trash it goes.

It's being made by Production IG.

Should be pointed out that even though FLCL is generally known as a Gainax classic, it was actually a Gainax/IG co-production. So having IG produce it is actually closer to the "original team" than a Gainax-produced version would be, since all the guys you think of when you hear Gainax have long since jumped ship to Trigger/Khara.

So, for all we know it might be good

>flcl gets a revival
>not the show that [as] produced for a season and was supposed to produce a third season for

That upsets me more then anything else.

I just don't want it to have overbearing "technology dependence" themes that are dime-a-dozen in anime these days, especially ones that want to appear deep (Even EoE did that shit).

Japs don't care about Big-O. To them it's just another giant robot anime and it really only got popular in the west.

I'm sure Steve Blum would love to play James Batman and his Giant Flying Robot again.

Nah, screw that. Season two of the Big O was practically unsalvageable. Best to jut let it go.

>FLCL gets revival
>Revival is twice as long as the original from the outset.

I just don't understand WHY. FLCL is legitimately as perfect as a piece of media can get.

Its going to be shit since all the old animators that made the original fun to watch don't even work under Gainax any more.

This.

WITH DA KIDS SING OF DA FUTCHA
MAYBE KIDS DONT NEED THEIR MASTA

JUSTA WATIN FOR THE [unintelligible]

OH YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Flcl was garbage in the first place. The reboot should knock the Nostalgia googles off of your face.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fxXWzqkSeU

>greentexting the truth

The people at Williams Street got butt-savaged that about paying for Big-O instead of their fucking shit shows like tom goes to the mayor or twelve ounce fuck this stupid shit mouse.

FLCL is a big part of my teenage years.
I dont think it can be done justice. Samurai Jack inspires confidence, but FLCL simply is.
How would you continue it?
How would you keep the feel?

FLCL isnt about story, its about the feeling, and i dont think they can accomplish that. Its going to get bogged down by plot or exposition.
Hell i dont even think they can match the art style anymore. They dont draw anime like that anymore. It just isnt a thing these days.
FLCL is supposed to be a mixture of music video and fever dream. it was made on the stress and aftermath of NGE. Its a product of its time, and the feelings of the creators in that moment.
Anything made these days will just feel faux.

I highly recommend the manga if you can find it

i already own it. i bought it when i was like 15. a decade later and it still holds a special place in my heart.

Is The pillows going to be there?
There will be a japanese dub?

Yes, the pillows are returning

no idea why, last 10 releases from them besides 1 song i can think of are not really any good

>FLCL

Well for one that be in the territory of Sup Forums, so I don't care.

Fuck it'll be worth it for the music alone I'm praying The Pillows were on point with the FLCL soundtrack, I can only hope it's as good this time around.

>same director as Psycho-Pass

Interesting choice. I wonder how much creative control he'll have in crafting the show's main ideas or if he'll just handle the storyboards. He's a competent director at least and Sadamoto's on board so I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Watched it recently. Still every bit as great as it was when I first saw it and being older I notice things (in jokes and such) that I didn't before. Now what?

It's probably for all the mecha shit in the anime

tbqh this whole site is shit