With a budget of $1.5 million, "Moonlight" is the lowest budget movie to ever win a Best Picture Oscar...

With a budget of $1.5 million, "Moonlight" is the lowest budget movie to ever win a Best Picture Oscar. The most expensive film to win remains "Titanic", with an adjusted budget of over $300 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:African-American_LGBT-related_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gay nigger gets a handjob on the beach with the moon’s light pouring over them - the movie

Moonlight is really good

Doesn't mean it's not a piece of shit.

Imagine being such a brainlet

Always knew Cameron was a hack

It's also one of the shittiest

I enjoyed it tbphwyf. Shouldn't have won bp, as MbtS was far superior, but I thought it was a sweet, honest and touching movie with great acting performances (apart from Naomie Harris).

Moonlight is the quintessential 8/10 "breddy gud" movie.

I am neither angry or happy it won best picture. My entire feelings towards this film and it's Oscar success amounts to "ok".

>2016 best picture winner made an austounding 55milion in the box office
Why do people still care about the oscars?

Moonlight was the best movie to win in years. It triggers Sup Forums also which just makes it even better.

>WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH IT HAD BLACKS IN IT THAT MAKES IT A SJW CuCK MOVIE
t. hasn't seen it

Low budget movie with a niche subject by a literally who director with no major stars? That's fucking immense for this type of movie.

I have seen it, it's literally just a dude who's gay and nothing happens the entire movie.

I liked it, but was a little put off by the extended cocksucking scenes.

It was only 1 scene and no longer than 10 seconds, you sound quite insecure about your sexuality

bait

They don't. Every since it became about diversity instead of merit, the ratings have been in a freefall

>movies can only be good if they make billions

I can't wait until Oscars just has nothing but capeshit.

>BICUTH MOOVEETH ITH AAAAART. HOLLYWOO ITH THMAAAART

You know perfectly that the only reason it won over La La Land was because of the not enough black nominees in the previous two years controversy.

It was unprecedented that a movie sweeping the awards circuit like it did ended up losing the oscar.

That’s the crux of the movie bro.

But so much cum! No thanks.

LA La Land was ten times more gay tho.

Probably, but Moonlight is a much better film than La La Land anyway.

La La Land was absolutely shit.
If everything Manchester by the sea should've won

>Nothing happens in de mobie

he's not wrong you stupid reddit cancer

>let's just get all good scenes in the first 30 minutes with the best character and then just kill him lol

>300 million
They could literally build their own titanic and have 100 mil left over what the fuck

It's like the gay black low budget version of Bullet In The Head.

it won because it is a great movie. You are just trying to reduce dissonanse. You thought you are fantastic expert in movies, but somehow your special taste didn't allow you to like movie that is universally acclaimed by critics, so you create a defense mechanism by saying

>hurr durr they say they like it because black gays

but the real reason they liked was simple. It is a fucking brillliant movie.

the same shit was with boyhood.

>hurr durr they only say they liked it because muh twelve years

you are walking laughable cliche
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:African-American_LGBT-related_films

KYS

The oscars are not a democracy, you have to get a lot of favors to even get nominated let alone win. I’m talking a lot of handy J’s and blow jibbers.

It was the best movie of all the nominees nigfag

Downvote La La Land!
Downvote La La Land!
Downvote La La Land!

It's a shit gay movie and a shit movie about black people
The last great gay movie was Four Moons
The last great black movie was Miles Ahead
This movie was just another "WOE IS I MASSA LIBERAL, PUHLEASE PITY MA BLACK ASS AS I SUFFER SO! SEE HOW I AM AS PITIABLE AS A DOG! SEE HOW I AM ABUSED SO! ALSO I AM GAY AND WOE AM I!" then the movie ends
It won awards and critical acclaim because it represent a stereotype that hollywood-types agree with instead of humanity, introspection or challenging views. A story of blacks suffering instead of excelling, of homos being abused and fucked with. It's sort of telling how the film circles love watching black people act like animals and suffer like wretches and call it "art" but then shit on anything about blacks improving their situation.

>letterboxd

This movie would not have won an oscar if it starred white people and you know it
>inb4 Sup Forums

>gay nigger oscar bait

fpbp

HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST

>nigger movie wins sjw diversity oscar
No one is surprised OP.