Would he have been a praised Spider-man writer in any other decade?

Would he have been a praised Spider-man writer in any other decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mighty-Avengers-Mightiest-Dan-Slott/dp/0785138153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He was when he did the spidey torch mini.

Working on Spider-Man after OMD and basically selling his soul to shill the status quo of OMD/BDN killed any chance of people liking his shit.

Spider Island was the closest thing to a "decent" arc and even that was filled with Slott pandering like hell to the Clone Saga folks and bringing Kaine back, in ultimate desperation to be loved.

He would have been better served sticking to Avengers and not doing Spider-Man PERIOD.

Imagine a timeline where after Siege, Slott got to write Avengers and Bendis got exiled from the franchise. Slott would still have gotten to write Spider-Man as part of the team, but also have been able to fix shit (his She-Hulk run was full of him trying to patchwork other writers continuity fuck-ups). Plus we would have gotten Wanda/Vision back sooner, which means Young Avengers does not get fucked over too. Hellfire, we might even have gotten the one true Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter back on the team, in terms of Slott killing Jessica Drew off so Julia could have the Spider-Woman name back.

There were a few bright spots but 90s Spidey was pretty bad.

>There were a few bright spots but 60s-2010s Spidey was pretty bad.

Can we ban Slott from posting on Sup Forums? This is just sad.

he doesn't have the creativity to do Avengers. send him to the shitty funnybooks like Hellcat and Squirrel Girl like he deserves

>fresh off the success of she-hulk, gl avengers, and mighty avengers
>do pretty good
>sales take a nosedive
>does everything he can to boost sales
>brevoort: piss off all the fans and be as insufferable as possible
>it works
>continue shelling out shit and be as big a dick as possible
>battered housewife spiderfags buy up asm while ignoring infinitely better titles such as scarlet spider and spider-man team-up

No. he only has good concepts and continuity. He sucks at execution. Its like a rushed mess and ends awful. He needs an editor to sit on his back and micromanage/coach him to greatness. BND is still a huge black eye though.

He already did Avengers, dumbass. Fuck, he did Justice League too, both DCAU and DCU proper.

Calm down Dan, it's not like any of us care

>give you hard facts
>sh-shut up, Slott!!
Pathetic.

You done?

Are we taking the stories as is and just putting them in other decades without accounting for changes in slang/culture/etc? Because I think people would be fucking irritated by millennial speech

Shut up Jesse Baker......

I don't have any other images that really capture your physique, so I guess

What do you think the cutoff is for the audience being able to take a midget waifu seriously?

I don't think there's a cutoff for that, but I think people back then would care even fucking less for the roller derby bullshit

Yeah, I figured you were done.

Going through Slott's run, his dialouge reads like 70's spidey. If slott had come along and written superior or spider island in the 70's he might have been praised.
That is Slotts weakness as a writer. He is a fish out if water. That and he is fucking trash at execution

He's a necessary evil,

The immovable Object vs The unstoppable force (Bendis)

If he leaves the title, mainstream Peter will be replaced by miles.

Would honestly be better than seeing Peter wasted this way

on the one hand, Slott's run sucks and he sucks and is an asshole. Spider Island was pretty OK but that was like 3 years ago. Superior Spider-Man was OK but that wasn't even Peter Parker.

on the other hand, what happens if Slott leaves and someone like Bendis takes his place? be careful what we wish for?

At least it would be a different kind of awful. Eventually even a trainwreck grows dull

One without a majority of faggots reading Spider-man? Maybe not.

Did he make any beloved characters like Venom, Punisher or JJJ? Does he have any celebrated stories like Kraven's Last Hunt, the Death of Gwen Stacy or the Marriage of Peter and MJ? Did he at least have a good relationship with the fan base he is writing for? No? Then he would be never be loved, regardless of decade.

The series will be in cancellation numbers if Miles takes over. No one gives a shit about him.

he legitimately wrote the best Hank Pym in decades
and Ren & Stimpy were the first comics I ever bought
I love Slott but hate his ASM
GLA, She-Hulk, Mighty Defenders and all of his DC work/Looney Toons stuff is top tier comedy and storytelling
Spider-Man is just too big of a concept for him to take on and he keeps overcompensating and even his jokes seem sycophantic instead of funny now
it's so weird
that Human Torch mini was 100% gold and when he gets the main title it turns into a bore

Was he on Might Avengers? I love that Hank Pym

Avengers: The Initiative run. Bendis "The Writer" did Mighty Avengers (I think?)

amazon.com/Mighty-Avengers-Mightiest-Dan-Slott/dp/0785138153

This era. I love this book. What the fuck happened to Slott?

I would take Bendis on Spidey any day of the week over Slott. At least Bendis can make a decent joke once in while.

He's not bad, it's a shame that he hates mj because I'd be interested in making spidey a little more reed richards as billionaire family man

Silver age