How did this piece of derivative shit get so good reviews and fan praise? It's vastly inferior to ROTS in every way

How did this piece of derivative shit get so good reviews and fan praise? It's vastly inferior to ROTS in every way.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2488496/reviews?filter=hate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jews

Did you really expect a new movie in a series that is loved by millions not to get praised as a cinematic masterpiece?

Please can someone post the collage with all the weird faces of the girl in SW?

Plenty of films loved by millions that get absolutely demolished by critics and social media. Transformers and Fast films are such examples.

Why is the kid white?

Disney paid them off. I remember hearing first impressions of the movie saying it's not
"that bad but disappointing"

Somehow that translated to 90%+ on RT.

Imagine if Finn was (as he was supposed to be) blonde, blue eyed chad.

his character would still be a traitor, coward, and a liar(i.e. written as a nigger)

>Imagine if Finn was (as he was supposed to be) blonde, blue eyed chad.
I bet JJ wouldn't have made him sweaty, dumb, cowardly and drinking along pigs. Is JJ a racist hipster like Lena Dunham?

wasn't the chubby guy in Fargo S2 a frontrunner for the role?

How can anyone hate TFA with a cast that's likeable right off the bat?

Mediocre can translate to fresh on RT, wish normies would realise this, it's why so many "playing it safe" movies have such high ratings

thanks user

The amount of times I had to explain to me why a 100% RT film could very well mean 6/10 across the board. They should shut that whole site down. It just promotes mediocre garbage and discourages polarizing films.

Most people are morons with a lack of good taste.

There will never be a bad Star Wars film.

You're probably some old fag and you're not the intended target audience.

>to me
To friends fuck

If you want to read legit satisfying reviews of this turd of a movie, click down
imdb.com/title/tt2488496/reviews?filter=hate

Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie behind Empire

This was the last movie I saw in a theater.

you already made a thread faggot

Sup Forums is literally the only place I hear criticisms of TFA. I wonder why...

>board infected with Sup Forums
>movie with black and female lead

Oh wait.

is Sup Forums literally the only place you go online, plenty of people hate TFA

>>board infected with Sup Forums
Sup Forums got infected by reddit, so old-Sup Forums spread to every other board, as was always the plan in such a situation. It's not just Sup Forums user, it's everywhere.

Nah after the hype (Disney shilling) died down, it became consensus it was just a lazy copy-paste with an unlikeable Mary Sue lead.

To be fair I think Force Awakens is like a 8/10 on RT though

jews made the prequels too, look at lucas' production team

Also reminder that the only truly good star wars film, empire, was directed by a jew

>Implying jewish film reviews are a reflection of quality and not marketing for infinite shekels

This scene specifically, I hate how they explain the joke.
>how about that one?
>that ship is shit
>*other ship blows up*
>instead of stopping and running toward the shitty ship without saying a word, making the joke, she has to clarify that they will use shitty ship instead

DON'T HOLD MY HAND PATRIARCHY

da fuck is that hair cut

I literally fell asleep during this horse shit so I couldn't tell you.

>I'm acting.jpg
Man, she has to be giving amazing blowjobs, otherwise I've no idea how she got that role.

>the cast is diverse so the movie can't be critizised
Way to play Disney's game, faggot

It's fun.

Surely it has questionable moments, but I'll reserve my critique till all three new flicks are out.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but even the mediocre, uninspired rehash that was Star Wars: a newer hope was better than any of the prequels.

nope. people are just sick of the forced white guilt after 8 years of obama. nobody gives a shit about white guilt or minorities opinions anymore.

confirmed gay
maybe it's the fact that she's hot?

They shouldve use the quadjumper and leave the falcon to solo

Han Solo, Princess Leia, they talked about Luke Skywalker, show Luke at the end, Millennium Falcon, Kanjiklub made the newfags go crazy, Death Star, Force references, Dark Vader's mangled helmet, and other subtle nostalgic crap pimped that piece of crap flick into the pseudo(Such shit if not for OT)-success.

>am white, have zero guilt
>no one I know who is white has this all encompassing white guilt complex either
>for some reason, like "cuck" or "Jew" memes, I only hear about white guilt from brainwashed Sup Forumssters
Really activates the almonds

>implying the prequels didn't also try to make bank on nostalgia
Just face it, the prequels were unmitigated shit, even this dumpster fire of a movie was so far ahead of them that it seemed good in comparison

Prequels were anchored to the OT, albeit shit that was not exactly aligned with the OT.

VII shit all over the OT and pushed identity politics in your face. Kennedy's "revenge" and feminist claptrap ruined the continuation. Should of just started the NT way beyond the events of the OT and stand on its own merits, not cheap disingenuous nostalgia that was shit on.

But the prequels shit on the OT far harder, ie midichlorians among other things

Also I don't see any identity politics shoved in my face in VII, unless you mean the part where it had a black dude in it, in which case your opinion is a joke

>It's vastly inferior to ROTS in every way
It's actually superior in every single way.

I literally have no problem with a black and female lead, and I still hate the film because it was bad.

The undercut. that is how most men had their hair until they got to around their late 30's up until after WW2. but you just don't let it hang there like a cunt, you comb that shit.

>midichlorians
t. brainlet
No wonder you liked "turn your brain off" garbage.

>seriously defending that garbage
seriously kill yourself

The Force is Female, Rey, "diversity", quotes by writers and JJ, etc..., your an idiot, not going down to your level if you can't see the obvious.

Also I mentioned the PT were convoluted shit, VII was just shittier than the PT because it actually took a dump on the achievements/conclusion of the OT.

>Why did this Disney product get good reviews?

Prequels didn't rape the conclusion of the OT. All of the OT was rendered redundant by Disney. They pressed a big red reset button and pretended nothing had happened since Ep4. The prequels were better. Especially ROTS who excels this piece of shit every way possible.

>defending TFA
>telling others to kill themselves

>Especially ROTS who excels this piece of shit every way possible
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's more than that, if you compare arthouse or officially unliked reviews (like the Orville) to the mainstream, you can see the rottentomatoes ratings are applied differently

Show me one scene of this lazy Disney rehash that compares to Order 66, Palpatine taking over the senate, Anakin storming the jedi palace or battle in Mustafar.

Oh right. There is none because a film this safe and carefully corporate assembled has zero surprise, creativity or wonder to it. It's all rehashed nostalgia. It's good because it's Stah Wahs!!!

This movie is like the demake of Ghostbusters, except the fandom of GS is nonexistent, this had way too many rabid fanboys to be called out.

Why does this board still tolerate this blatant shill damage control?

TFA is much better than any of the prequels, it's unanimously agreed.
You're defending ROTS, a poorly made film with a joke of a story, terrible directing, horrible pacing and tone, and worst of all a disgrace to what Star Wars is meant to be.

Kill yourself.

>Order 66
>Anakin storming the jedi palace
Stupidest shit of all time. So the powerful jedi were simply all killed by some troopers? The jedis who could feel events beforehand due to the force? How about that stupid name, what is 66?
Also let's not go into Anakin being literally tricked by the emperor and accepting without anything in exchange to KILL CHILDREN. What he slaughtered there wasn't the younglings, it was his entire character development since AOTC, he literally turned into an insane murderer in 20 seconds runtime. Disgusting and retarded.

>Palpatine taking over the senate
Whoa, this is how democracy dies, so deep and symbolic. What the fuck is wrong with you.

>battle in Mustafar.
Too long, over choreographed, didn't feel like a real battle. Dragon ball level BS.

Again, kill yourself.

>didn't post a single scene
All the mouseshill has left is HAHA posting. Can't even muster ONE good scene in The Farce Awakens.

Forgot to add, the terrible dialogue between Anakin and Obi-Wan is the most cringeworthy moment in all of the prequels.

IF YOU ARE NOT WITH ME
THEN YOU ARE MY ENEMY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's the point? You're just going to say HAHAHA IT WAS BAD BECAUSE DISNEY FUCK YOU MOUSE SHILL xD

You can start by posting a good scene. There is atleast one, right? Right???

>a poorly made film with a joke of a story, terrible directing, horrible pacing and tone, and worst of all a disgrace to what Star Wars is meant to be
That's literally TFA described in one sentence.

DUDE WHAT IF WE JUST REHASHED EP4 AND ADDED SOME LEFTIST SHIT TO THROW PEOPLE OFF FUCKING GENIUS

Movie could have just been Finn and Poe doing lethal weapon in space and then eventually run into Mary Sue ray and it would have been fine (get rid of Death Star 3000)

What's the problem here? Do you wish the bird were CGI instead?

I couldn't care less about TFA.
Here's a newsflash for you, you infantile retard:

ROTS is a piece of shit film, no one serious can actually defend such garbage. It's the ultimate joke Lucas pulled on his fans and the biggest disappointment of all time.
All the terrible exposition dialogue. All the ass-pulled device plots. All the disgusting "villains" they've managed to pull off. The famous cinematography that made Star Wars and Empire famous killed by shot reverse shot laziness. The characters of Yoda, Padme, ruined. Anakin turning into Vader because he needed to because episode IV comes after III. The unjustifiable confederacy "plot".

If you seriously think this excuse for a film is more than 4/10 you are either a kid or you don't know what film is.

Still better than TFA

How exactly is TFA bad directed?
I'm being honest here, I've watched it 3 times and the direction is one of its strongest points.

The practical effects looked like garbage. CGI probably would've been better since I've seen better CGI birds in Finding Nemo.

She really does go full fucking retard.

Nobody is going to read the insane ramblings of a TFA apologist. It is by default the shittiest SW film simply because it's less a film and more a fan pandering compilation of scenes.

It´s a Mcdonald of sci-fi with ebin jokes.

The absolute STATE of prequelkeks

>amazing blowjobs
nigga look at those teeth she'd bite your bell end clean off

They get released every year so no is actually excited for them.

>two weeks before ESB:Rerun
>Sup Forums suddenly defending TFA after two years of shitting on it
What a coincidence....what mad chance this is.

the nazi stormtroopers are too on-the-nose
the scene with the CGI newfriend is terrible
those are just off the top of my head, in general the direction is competent but doesn't show you anything new

If you want example of awful direction, just look at that "battle" scene on that forest planet. Literally CW-tier.

>twilight tier mary sue
>even bigger death star

it made money, it's all that matters to them, just like fast and furious, transformers, and marvel

Well JJ is a competent filmmaker, so the direction and the majority of shots are well done.
The acting is also acceptable. Here's what I think TFA fails on:

>characterization
Finn and Kylo Ren are sort of well done, all others are not. Rey appears to be insanely powerful, and so does Poe, they have no flaws at all.
>story
Enough said, it's ANH. Not original on the slightest.
>the death star again
>Han dies, no one except the new girl cares
lol

>insane amount of asspulls
>a lot of events happen because the plot demanded it
>dutch angles everywhere
>bad pacing
>major plot holes
>disgusting colour grading
>len flares
>unimaginative filming locations
>mystery boxes
>bad CGI
>non-existent character arcs
>no character development
>shit """"""""villain""""""""
>horrible acting
>literally nothing planned out for the sequels
I give credit that some scenes were great like when they were flying the Falcon away from the Tie fighters, but even then it made no sense how they got away since the First Order were still surrounding the planet still.

still better than 100% cgi shots of CG clone troopers and robots running at each other

No, it doesn't.

Most of these aren't related to direction though.
>dutch angles everywhere
>disgusting colour grading
>bad CGI
>len flares
The shots were mostly great, I disagree.

>Sup Forums loved it when it came out
>any criticism was shot down with posts of "TAKE OFF THE NOSTALGIA GOGGLE, GRAMPS!"
You faggots still love it.

>direction and majority of shots are well-done
COMPETENTLY done
None of the shots were memorable (except the bad ones) or advanced the characters in an effective way. Just think of all those little moments in a new hope where the staging helps bring across the character relationships. Directing is important to characterization.
JJ abrams movies are dull of these moments where he's trying to inspire awe (like the cgi scene), he's trying to be spielberg. but they always fall flat, because he's a mediocre director
but yeah the writing was hacky too

Those points are definitely direction related, user, as they were the choice of the director.
Then show me at least one good looking shot. As far as I know, there isn't one good looking shot in the entire film because everything looks like it was filmed for a tv show.

I think he did a good job with Kylo Ren. Whenever he freaks out, or when he finds Rey, the initial scene on Jakku, the duel on the snow. Those were pretty memorable.
The rest is ok-ish, maybe because it's not memorable like you say, maybe because most other characters are irrelevant.

The fight scenes with Rey we're patheticly bad.

Like almost so bad they were funny, except it wasn't a campy movie, but an actual big budget film made by a retard whose seemingly only goal was to destroy everything good.

JJ had John fucking Williams at his disposal and still ended up with the most forgettable film score in ages. Just how do you fuck up that royally? He can't even direct his composer in a meaningful way. Meanwhile Georgie boy managed to get the most iconic film tracks out of Williams.

there are major problems with kylo ren, some of them conceptual. he's not scary at first because he's played like anakin in the prequels, a spoiled dumb asshole. and his transformation into a badass by stabbing an old man is poorly directed.

Also how did he fuck up the the last shot with a helicopter cam which should've been an iconic shot?

I can't remember a single line. I can't remember the music at all. I can't remember the battle scenes or the emotional scenes. TFA is like a giant black hole in my memory. It was so unremarkable and vanilla to the point that it didn't even need to be. Seriously, did this story really needed to be told when Ep6 ended so well?

also in general one of the things abrams fails to do as a director is connect the dots. many of the scenes in this movie come out of nowhere, there are these striking changes in setting and mood so it makes it all seem a little less real

Kylo Ren is the best character in TFA because he's the only one that realizes he's just a bad copy of something superior. It's almost meta.

Finn is actually a pretty interesting character. I was hoping he would be the jedi that we would follow around. But nope, we get Mary Sue Rey who is more powerful than any Jedi in the galaxy.