Avengers Infinity War

How would you handle Thanos to make sure he lived up to the hype?

Make sure he doesn't just job to every hero in a row like Apocalypse did.

Good point, he's got to absolutely overwhelm the strongest they can throw at him. Also showing him react quickly and cleverly to unexpected developments, rather than just saying "all according to keikaku" when something happens would give him the feel of a commander who's a tier above the heroes.

It's gonna be tough, the current Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy roster is too weak to fight a regular Thanos, much less an Infinity Gauntlet powered one.

There's no Mephistopheles to convince him, being the master of dcepcion, to woo dath by giving the heroes hope. There's no Silver Surfer or Warlock to really try to take the gauntlet away. I fear they're gonna prsent him as severely underpowered.

One of my favourite scenes is when Thanos is about to punch Captain America, and Warlock sends Silver Surfer to take the gauntlet, the surfer shines in Thanos' eye and his plan is foiled, I don't think we'll see a scene like that, I also don't think we'll se the aspects of reality fear him.

Honestly, it's been like... 8 years of buildup since Iron Man and while I want the movie to be good, I don't think it'll live up to so much hype.

By making every single villain before him an underdeveloped, forgettable garbage so he looks good in comparison.

What hype? He's been in two mid-credits scenes and gave blue man group Lee Pace a talking down

The average moviegoer has no idea who he is, or that he's meant to be the big bad

This.

If they do Thanos half-way okay he'll look like Ledger Joker 2.0.

He needs to make Hulk cry.

I can't let myself get excited. I like Thanos too much and Marvel has too awful of a track record with villains.

Also Ultron and Civil War were both lazy and hollow and I expect Infinity War to look like a really expensive TV show too.

What hype?

Pretty much all of my normie friends enjoyed Ultron for what he was. They all agreed he was the one good thing about that mess.

Which is kinda frustrating because I knew the character could be so much better.

>Tieing Stark and fucking Banner to his origin

>"I'm like a dog chasing a car, I don't even know what i'd do if i caught it"
>Infinity War 2 is about Thanos dealing with exactly that and ultimately defeating himself
No way marvel does a legit Thanos story like that. He's gonna kill drax and one other person right off the bat, say something that structurally resembles a Trump quote and wait on a space throne until Vision and Doctor Strange trick him with some kind of dumb illusion.

Have him kill Peter so they can replace him with Miles

I don't care about his origin being changed as much as how he lost every single fight he was in.

> The Black Order will be used to show Thor, Hulk, Vision, Scarlet Witch as stronger than ever.

> Thanos will be shown outwitting and beating the heroes with the exception of Scarlet Witch, whose power he does not comprehend because only two beings in the universe have mastered it.

> Thanos rips out Vision's stone. Wanda's humanity is destroyed, and she becomes Chthon's vessel. Chthon uses Wanda to cripple and nearly kill Doctor Strange, he only survives due to the vestige of humanity that remains within Wanda.

> With only the weaker heroes remaining, Stark puts the arc reactor back inside his chest, figuring it's connection to the space stone might help.

> Carol volunteers for a Kree experiment in the hope she can become powerful enough to aid the fight against Thanos.

> But Vision is alive within the stone in the gauntlet, and when he reaches out to Wanda she resists Chthon and returns to Earth.

> The heroes challenge Thanos to fight them, he teleports them to his "temple".

> Vision enables Wanda to channel chaotic energy into the Gauntlet, buying the heroes vital moments to remove it and defeat Thanos.

It's too late. They dicked around with him since 2012 and just had him spin around in his chair in all his appearances until he....got up and put on an empty glove.
Gonna be disappointing no matter what.

Civil War had arcs for most of the characters. Most film-makers are too lazy to do that.

That requires alot of effort, and most film-makers only give two or three characters arcs.

They showed an image of the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus in one of the IW behind the scenes trailer and they had Farmer Thanos not to mention Markus and McFeely are writing it and they are comic nerds.

Not to mention the Russos already invited Starlin on set.

So they have to get at least one thing right about Thanos.

>I don't care about his origin being changed as much as how he lost every single fight he was in.

This. Ultron was pathetic. He was never at any point a serious physical threat to the Avengers as a team.

Pretty sure they can replace Mephisto with Loki, Warlock can still appear and as for Silver Surfer they can also just make someone else take the spot.

But yeah it's not going to be like the comic it might take some key moments but they'll definitely change things.

>> The Black Order
Lets not bring in Hickman's shitty edgelords please.

he beats the avengers at 4 dimensional chess then punches them in the face

Depends if the Russo's just use them for fights and leave out Hickman's wank.

Only really need Black Dwarf, Proxima Midnight, and Supergiant. Use them as Middle Bosses.

Besides, they need to avoid the "expendable mooks" problem of previous Avengers movies.