>MEGA STAR DESTROYER
>o-okay JJ

>it's a stealth bomber
>but it's gray like a star destroyer
11/10 bravo disney

It even has flaps. Shit design.

What the fuck is this pizza slice from?

That’s a big ship

wouldn't this thing's very arrival on Earth exterminate all life on the planet given its size?

>hey JJ you said you need a sleeker, smaller Star Destroy-
>GOT IT RIGHT HERE
>well alright then JJ

>Pizza ship with gigantic penis
Well done disney

ow muh legs

You guys know the OT had Super Star Destroyers, right?

I see your Bellator and raise you an Assertor.

are they actually trying to make America look like the Galactic Empire

Someone post the webm where they just increase the width of a regular star destroyer

>You guys know the OT had Super Star Destroyers, right?

Yeah. Built by a galaxy-spanning empire. Yet somehow the Boys From Coruscant managed to build a fuckhuge star destroyer far bigger than any SSD in the Unknown Regions

Now this is just ugly.

To be fair you didn't get its good side.

I don't see why not. TFA makes it clear the First Order is still pretty big, enough to be a threat to the Republic, which makes sense. Killing the Emperor wouldn't suddenly erase the Empire's galactic-spanning fleet, it's infrastructure or the millions of Imperial soldiers.

women ruin everything they touch

bigger jabba

>Killing the Emperor wouldn't suddenly erase the Empire's galactic-spanning fleet, it's infrastructure or the millions of Imperial soldiers.

If you've read up on the nu-canon you would know that basically is what happens. The number of Imperials that went into the Unknown Regions was actually incredibly minimal and the resources they have access to is virtually zilch compared to the old empire.

The First Order is basically the equivalent of a couple of Nazis shacking up and moving to Madagascar where they miraculously build a lethal war fleet out of thin air.

wait till you google Operation Cinder man. Creates even more fuckery.

Much nicer, didn't realize that it's so tall.

Yeah, it wasn't the best angle.

Why couldn't they just make her a Hutt?

Where are all the classic species anyway? We saw admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb in TFA, but that's pretty much it.

Well, that's dumb. Still, they built Starkiller base so this isn't a big surprise.

The SSD also wasn't called a 'Mega-class' nor was its name 'Supremacy'

>tfw too brainless to see soft disclosure when it's right in front of your eyes

APOLOGIZE

WHat dis

Yeah. This one is 5 times longer than those monstrosities.

Base Delta Zero up in this bitch.

they need to fill fetishes

Pizza slices of death.

>Secutor class

My shipfu!

It's from the shit Independence Day sequel.

Jesus, even Dr Who has better aliens than that

Hopefully it'll be far in the background, for less than a second.

Old EU Sheev would laugh at that small piece of shit.

thats the point. its just rotj but everything is bigger, worse and more jewish

>that part in Empire at War where criminals take over the Eclipse and use its superlaser to obliterate the Rebel and Imperial fleets over Kuat before taking out a Super Star Destroyer with it and robbing it

Lel.

lol

Why is it that Star Wars is so terrible at taking advantage of these huge ships? Like they aren't intimidating at all. They're so underwhelming. I want to see some poorfag rebels fighting and winning a war and then all of a sudden, a single star destroyer creeps up and just wrecks an entire fleet of ships.

The old EU had some retarded ships designs too.

So Rogue One?

Reminder that in the nu-canon one of this was stolen by a crew of pirates led by a genderfluid human referred as "zher" or "zhe".

Yes, this is why It's so dumb

>Hey guys don't worry, Last Jedi won't be a clone of ESB like TFA was a clone of ANH. Oh it will introduce a super star destroyer and have a battle of hoth?
>The idea that the galactic version of ISIS can build a death star 100 times bigger than the last one or a star destroyer 5 times bigger than vader's SSD

Old species trigger the OT manchildren because they were all in the prequels and twi’leks are sexual so you will never see one in film again.

They're not seriously suggesting the ship is this size, are they? Oh lord, they are. Ugh..

>more jewish

so higher IQ?

Disney HATES any reference to prequels. That means that past aliens and the idea of a galactic community have been purged. Every alien must be a "new" design that you never see again.

It's why the idea that Snoke is going to be Plagueis is so ridiculous. Disney will never allow that, he's just going to be some generic sith lord

>tfw too intelligent to make good movies

I mean in rogue one that whole scene where the rebels made two destroyers collide was cool and all, but it really underwhelmed the destroyers.

Opening scene of ANH the destroyer looks so powerful and intimidating. Rest of the series continues to turn them into pussies

A 40k book just had a daemonic space fortress the size of a SOLAR SYSTEM

Disney has been beaten, by its own metric of quality

>Super Star Destroyer "Exector" -> 19 km
>Mega-class Star Destroyer "Supremacy" -> 60 km
It's way. way bigger than Vader's ship.

Even EU had more sense than disneywars

Rogue One captured the lore of the galactic civil war well desu. You had a whole rebel fleet struggling against 2 star destroyers and a space dock. It drove home how powerful star destroyers are

In TFA the resistance has 13 x-wings and takes down planetkiller and infinite TIE's

That's not fair, WH40k has it easier when it comes with coming up with bullshit and having it make sense because chaos.

yes

Disney thinks that if they do "we'll just have x from the OT but WAY BIGGER" people will like it

and to their credit most seem to like that

Are you being ironic?

40k has always been outlandishly titanic in scale
I remember reading one of the books that talks about the spaceships firing shells the size of skyscrapers out of a nova cannon

Watching them climb up that cliff will be a little hype though.

How big until they realize the sense of scale is lost and they're basically powerlevels on a different measuring unit?

>The fortress filled the oculus, the wall dropping beyond the frame. There was
nothing to see except the battlements, nothing to give the structure scale, but at
last the Lion grasped its full monstrosity. The fortress spanned a system. The
wall was tens of millions of miles high. It was billions of miles long. Its war horns were the size of gas giants, its guns the size of planets. And though
the proximity was lethal, it was still millions of miles away.

shiplets utterly btfo by 40k

yes

Nu-canon is just a worse version of the Old EU

>First Order worse version of Imperial Remnant
>Rey is worse version of Jaina Solo
>Kylo Ren worse version of Jacen Solo
>Starkiller worse verison of Suncrusher
>Star Destroyer Supremacy worse version of Star Destroyer Eclipse

etc etc

>it's a "we can't come up with a good, original design to save our lives" episode again

I miss you, George.

I couldn't belive that they actually used EU shit by "not using it"

at least they could have balls to use EU shit
they already gave Thrawn in Rebels series

Someone post that pic of a kid being happy with all the prequel toys because they were new and different and then being sad because every nu-trilogy toy is some ship from the OT with a minor change or a mere paintjob.

It'd fuck up the orbits just being near to earth.

>a series of smaller ships would be harder to hit
>it would make more sense if there were a main mothership or combinations of ships that stayed in the back with all the supplies much like an army supply line
>Let's put all our eggs in one basket LOL

I'll never understand this. If anything it would make more sense if you had a ship that could connect periodically during peaceful times but then breaks apart during wars to not only increase firepower and allow for maneuverability and also to reduce your losses from being catastrophic if one did blow up. It's like there's no thought put behind sci-fi and it sickens me.

I watched the prequels as a kid and understood the "space politics" fine. However here I am, 28 years old, and I had no idea wtf was going on in TFA. No movie has ever left me so confused.

So, I must ask:
1.) Why is it still empire vs rebels when the empire lost at the end of ROTJ?
2.) why is the empire called the "first order"
3.) why are the rebels called "the resistance"
4.) what's going on with the new republic and courascant?
5.) Why does the first order have ever bigger and more powerful stuff than the empire in ROTJ did?
6.) Why is Rey so powerful? She can defeat sith lords untrained
7.) Why is han a smuggler again like nothing happened from ANH to ROTJ?
8.) How come Finn was a janitor when he was raised from birth to be a stormtrooper? Is he lying or something?
9.) If the 3rd death star needs a star to fire and can't move doesn't that mean it can only fire twice?
10.) who was that old guy at the beginning?
11.) why did luke bother leaving a map behind if he didn't want to be found? If he wanted someone to find him why not leave something a little more secure and a little less outdated?
12.) What's "low power mode" for a droid? R2 is in "low power mode" for some reason and can't be communicated with or turned on even though he's a machine? Why didn't they just take the map out of his hard drive?
12.) How did orange yoda get luke's lightsaber
13.) how did the han's smuggling ship find the millennium falcon so quickly? It was literally 3-4 seconds after they left the planet
14.) did han really not know what chewie's bowcaster could do when they've been together for decades?
15.) how come they could see starkiller's laser on the other side of the galaxy? is the galaxy really that small?
16.) what were those planets starkiller blew up? Was it courascant?

May the porg be with you xD

Stop it!

The answer to the universe not making sense is that JJ was deathly afraid of including any politics in the movie because of how the prequels got shat on.

The Eclipse was smaller than the Executor bitch

Best SW ship design coming through. Fighter swarming all the opposition

not as long but much wider, and its total displacement was about twice the executor as a result

wtf, they deliberately left out the rationale for why everything was happening? who the fuck thought that was a good idea and why were critics/RLM/etc so okay with it? The whole movie I just sat there confused

>JJ was deathly afraid of including any politics in the movie because of how the prequels got shat on.

then expalin this

youtube.com/watch?v=MPhHl2DpD4E

>1.) Why is it still empire vs rebels when the empire lost at the end of ROTJ?
Because the Empire didn't lose, they lost a few ships, the Death Star and Sheev. The logical follow up would be for the Empire to split in many factions and fight the New Republic for years like in the old EU but Disney wanted an Empire vs Rebels conflict like in the OT so they had the Empire destroy itself and reform as the First Order.
>2.) why is the empire called the "first order"
No fucking idea. Probably because calling it "Empire 2.0" would make the ripoff too obvious.
>3.) why are the rebels called "the resistance"
No fucking idea. Probably because calling it "Rebellion 2.0" would make the ripoff too obvious.
>4.) what's going on with the new republic and courascant?
The New Republic moved its capital elsewhere (the system that gets destroyed in TFA) and won't support the Resistance because then you woulnd't have an Empire vs Rebels conflict like in the OT.
>5.) Why does the first order have ever bigger and more powerful stuff than the empire in ROTJ did?
Because shit writing.
>6.) Why is Rey so powerful? She can defeat sith lords untrained
Because Mary Sue.
>7.) Why is han a smuggler again like nothing happened from ANH to ROTJ?
Because Disney wanted everything to be like in the OT so they had all the character remain the same even though it has been 30 years since RotJ.
>9.) If the 3rd death star needs a star to fire and can't move doesn't that mean it can only fire twice?
I think they mention it can move, not sure.
>10.) who was that old guy at the beginning?
Some random cunt who knew Luke, the nu-EU will probably explain that.
>11.) why did luke bother leaving a map behind if he didn't want to be found? If he wanted someone to find him why not leave something a little more secure and a little less outdated?
Because shit writing.
>12.) How did orange yoda get luke's lightsaber
I don't know and if they ever explain it it will probably be ultra-retarded.

>I'm bad and I'm going to blow up a goodie planet
Not politics

>13.) how did the han's smuggling ship find the millennium falcon so quickly? It was literally 3-4 seconds after they left the planet
Shit writing.
>14.) did han really not know what chewie's bowcaster could do when they've been together for decades?
Shit writing.
>15.) how come they could see starkiller's laser on the other side of the galaxy? is the galaxy really that small?
Shit writing.
>16.) what were those planets starkiller blew up? Was it courascant?
No, it was the Hosnian System, the New Republic's new capital.

>total displacement
>displacement
>in space

>Old EU Imperial Remnant
>Is struggling against the New Republic so actually uses ad hoc and improvised stuff small and not as advanced as what the Empire had
>fragile coalition of differing powers and agendas without the emperor to lead it
>Had a lot of good, rational people in it because lets face it a force of trillions of people couldn't be all bad
>Sensible well thought out explanation for why they formed and exist

>Nu-SW "First Order"
>Far more powerful and far more resources than Empire somehow
>Run by a generic sith lord again
>No explanation for why it exists
>Cartoonishly evil

>can make any shape because space
>make a fucking wing

An actually good ship design takes into account two things, surface to engine ratio, and guns to reactor ratio.

This model (the bellator) was made by Ansel-Hsiao who designed quite a lot of EU ships, actually shows this design philosophy. The ship also does not have broadside only weapon turrets that is a feature in quite a lot of sw original trilogy ships.

Notice also, hangar space is below ship (not on the sides) and the two reactor cores, the technology behind it is that teh greater the fire power and number of sublight engines, you need more reactors to burn through the energy to power them, not to mention powering shields.

If you look carefully you can even see the hyperdrive at the back.

TBF the flying wing shape is good at being stealthy,and sensor signature reduction is in dire need on a 60km ship.
Y'all are wrong.Here's the best SD version.

Seeing this makes me wonder.What if the Chiss made a missile boat?

The OT Star Destroyers had the hangar below too.

I have no words for this retardation.
Isn't the new order supposed to be just remnants of the empire? Empire struggled to build another death star, but those first order have infinite finances and resources, apparently.

Starfighter design follows the same pattern, more engines and more firepower needs a bigger frame and different aerodynamic design.

In the Force Awakens you have OC donut steel Tie fighter that look absolutely the same as teh originals only with hyperdrives slapped on the side of the wings. Notice the difference on pic related (TIE defender, a SW videogame ship) , when you have ships like the X-wing which is about the same size as the TIE fighter it makes zero sense to use a cheap design model like the og TIE fighter.

This is only part of the problem, when MCquarrie was designing the Star Wars or Star Trek ships, he was taking into account the lore behind their design and to what approximation they would especially resemble (in this case WW2 planes). This whole approach to concept art is thrown out the window by Disney and JJ in favor of nostalgia bait.