Post some films with God-tier cinematography

Post some films with God-tier cinematography.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHsinz7oU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ztgs2XK2I7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HCkbfapn-I4
youtu.be/MpDF_uV_J1M?t=2m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=oLt5qSm9U80
youtube.com/watch?v=xdbWWTOGngs
youtube.com/watch?v=r3dcnV6Z9Zs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related

Heaven's Gate
Anything by Wong Kar Wai
Apocalypse Now
Thin Red Line
Anything by Akira Kurosawa
Anything by Tarkovsky
Early Scorsese
Sword of Doom
Peckinpah movies in terms of the movement of characters and the kinetic violence
John Boorman movies
Julian Hernandez movies
Altman movies in a sort of non-flarish "realism" but the arrangement of crowds and individual scenes is magnificent
Wes Anderson movies

bump

seconding Altman

Hanzo the razor.

No, seriously, the travelling transiton shot ehen he turns and walks and you see the ofset globe/map is the most godlike thing I've ever seen put to film....and I was NOT expecting to see the level of camerawork they used for the compositions and "scenes".

Seriously, just watch it for the "traveling" segments alone, regardless of how comical the rest is.

make way faggots, the king is here.

youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHsinz7oU

Even though it's cheap and sorta grimy i'm starting to like the look of old shitty digital cameras when they're used like that

Citizen Kane

That fight at the start wasn't interesting at all.
Just a shit ton of bodies so they didn't have to bother with interesting choreography.
Didn't bother with the rest.

it's pretty cool

Sadly everything else was too slow and boring as fuck. Idc if you call me a pleb, it's true.

> t. brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=Ztgs2XK2I7Y
>Literally -LITERALLY- beats his meat until it's as hard as steel.
>Has an actual sex technique involving a suspending a woman in a net and spinning them on his dick, making unwilling women into cock-lusting sluts for him, -begging- him.
>Whenever he dramatically turns away, the world itself transitions with his strut into a world-class, cross-country stride marked on an edo-period map.
And these faggots on Sup Forums memed the word Kino into shit the same way Sup Forums did with Kawaii instead of giving a shit about looking for movies films that used to have balls.

yes

you are black

YES to the choice, NO to the opinion

Hero

Is this movie good? I almost saw it Saturday but chose The Killing of a Sacred Deer instead. Did I err?

youtube.com/watch?v=HCkbfapn-I4

I am shocked no one has mentioned a film by the auteur, Zachary Snyder

Dutch-born and raised in america with family at age 6, had to learn english at that age, but in a mixed-race neighborhood in queens. You couldn't tell a black, from an asian or an italian from a brazilian "online" with the people I grew up with just based on speech pattern.

I also married a russian, so if you would have guessed that, I might've conceded you were on to something.

Stalingrad (1993)

but why

you used 'Godlike' as a superlative adjective, that's how I knew.

Colour composition perfectly illustrated the tone of the film without sacrificing aesthetic, the opposite actually, it enhanced the film's aesthetics. Considering location swaps from drab urban ruins to vast winter landscapes I'd say it's an impressive piece of work

Why is Sorrentino so rarely mentioned in these threads?

See it, it's not for everyone but proper Japanese

I'd guess because his movies are not dubbed into English and most people would not watch a movie in a different language - especially with zero explosions and a pacing like La Grande Belezza - if their life depended on it.

I'm not this guy , but is it dubbed? asking for a friend

The listing on the theatre's website said it had English subtitles.

No, subbed

I specialize in playing fighting games where the word 'godlike' is utilized in such a manner in the FGC with great frequency. It inhabits my vocabulary on grounds of that alone and I use it with the tonal inflection and groups of words mostly associated with the word's impending arrival in a sentence.

Either way, you might be confusing a racial thing with a regional thing. I've seen some blacks born and raised in japan behaving and speaking no differently than other japan-natives. This reality applies to all races without exception.

youtu.be/MpDF_uV_J1M?t=2m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=oLt5qSm9U80

Behavior and speaking isn't hereditary or race-based, it's environmental. I'm tempted to believe you based your assertion on my use of the anime image I used, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

don't be an asshole, man

Poor man's Fellini

thanks

Le chevalier noir se lève (2012)

tu es un grand mec

>don't be an asshole, man
I used the moonman image because I thought it fit visually with the message. I'm not a Sup Forumsfag that cares about the meme propaganda behind it.

>thread disussing film
>almost immediately put down to the sixth page

por vou

what are you even saying?

Welcome to Sup Forums

how would you compare Fellini with Sorrentino? have you ever seen one (1) single movie of one (1) of them?

I honestly thought the image under the title was taken straight from Mass Effect, I had to stare at it for a good minute to think otherwise

>It’s surprising that Paolo Sorrentino dedicates his new film, Youth, to Francesco Rosi, the great Italian Marxist filmmaker, because Sorrentino seems committed to making Federico Fellini travesties. His Oscar-winning The Great Beauty traduced Fellini’s La Dolce Vita, and Youth demeans 8½. Set at a spa where an aging conductor and an aging film director (Michael Caine and Harvey Keitel) lament their pasts (Jane Fonda shows up as a harridan), Youth comments on creative angst and spiritual futility. The decadent, stylish, and trite viewpoint refutes both Rosi and Fellini. Italy’s finest political filmmakers always put humanity first, which is why they produced history’s greatest political films. Sorry, but Sorrentino is Italy’s Spike Lee.

Fuck off nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdbWWTOGngs

But really anything of Kerven's would fit the bill.

How about some fucking webm:s you cunts?

Sure it's a visual medium, but it's a visual moving medium. If you want pretty photographs go to /p/

fuck forgot to attach

All about Lily Chou Chou
The isle (Seom)
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring
Hana-bi
Kikujiro

Days of Heaven

Unironically Batman V Superman

Chungking express
Fallen Angels
In the mood for love
Twin Peaks The Return

is tarkovsky actually good or will i be struggling to stay awake half way through?

hes good
>will i be struggling to stay awake
if you're a retard maybe

for me he one of the best

Lawrence of Arabia, Blade Runner, Cutter's Way, Badlands

Malick

what is happening here?

Pretty good even for today

pic unrelated

MoS had better cinematography

Influx of directors coming off of tv with no sense of composition, dramatic lighting, focus, color uses have literally killed mainstream film

He's mentioned all the time, Youth was talked about when it was released, as was his show. I think he's a bit of a hack, as evidenced by the horrid CGI he utilized in that film.
You'd guess wrong. What kind of a spewing pleb watches dubs?
Have you, idiot? The Great Beauty takes too much from far better films (namely La Notte, 8 1/2, and La Dolce Vita), while offering little of its own. It's a mere imitation of proven Italian classics.

This scene in The Conformist caught my eye, and, sure enough, it's referenced by some mainstream directors

how does malick do it lads

id on this movie?

>that fucking revolver hybrid
What kino?

just watched sont to song so freakin bland, that fish eye camera is awful dont get me started in the plot and shit

PLEB

Confessions sucks. It's like a reverse importation of gook melodrama to Japan.

what film?

youtube.com/watch?v=r3dcnV6Z9Zs

The correct answer

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise

yeah, Lanthimos is a hack

Yeah, it was pretty uninteresting visually. I don't think I'll be watching any more of his films.

I knew it was from fighting games which is another reason I assumed you were black, most of the american fgc is black, some are latino, maybe the eurofags are white.