>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.19: Twin Suns (March 18)

>Rebels 3.198: "Twin Suns"
mega.nz/#F!HYliTb7R!d9VQPNttWf3vUDHaXKjNZQ

>Rebels Recon: Twin Suns
youtube.com/watch?v=8eIZsJsck7A

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/twin-suns-episode-guide
youtube.com/watch?v=WioRxS-uuTs
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WRlczREwyVzV2WVU/view?usp=sharing
mega.nz/#!wF5FjTQB!m4g_ys0beu6KevmjKbgUFgMaFwVsuFlxKlxJz-SXuk8
mega.nz/#!wUknTRBa!2toDOPgpW-6dgUqIJ4cMmmZ4pPwmJt3nhJZd35G9JQ0
google.com/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/252039
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best Imperial is a CUTE

Reminder that's okay if people liked or disliked the last episode of Rebels

Posting actual best Imperial

Goodnight, sweet Sith

why is Thrawn so beautiful when he puts on a combat helmet

This is true

But express your approval or disapproval with something other than LOL PREQUELFAGS WANTED LE ACROBATICS or DISNEY SHILLS DEFEND THIS

I hope Tartakovsky comes back to star wars

starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/twin-suns-episode-guide

Can someone rip the music cue?

The episode guide went up early? Nice

>"everything leading up to this moment has been rehearsal"
>"the real performance is about to begin"
>"Governor, take off your pants if you please"

What did he mean by this?

I love this model

It should have been 22 minutes of Maul walking through the desert, talking to himself, losing the last bits of his mind, seeing mirages of things from his past, then finally seeing Kenobi but dying from thirst before he even reaches him, not knowing if it was just another mirage.
Film it as one, long, drawn out, painful cut so that we may suffer as Maul did.

I lived the episode but I didn't see the need for Watto to show up. What a completely pointless cameo.

Make Mandalore Great Again

>not getting the implication that he and Maul were former lovers
I see /swco/ are wearing their heterogoggles today.

We're gonna win, we're gonna win big, you're gonna get tired of winning!

No, Maul hit him with his little stupid flying scooter thing back in TPM. He owed him what you call a life debt.

I personally thought the episode was phenomenal, and the fight was absolutely perfect.

Rebels Recon showed just how much thought went into every single frame of that encounter, and it shows.

I mean; Maul trying to use the same attack on Kenobi, as he did on Qui-Gon, after the tense shifting of stances? Holy fuck. Half of the fight was the mind games at the beginning.

Also, in terms of 2edgy4u violence, the slash through Maul's heart is actually one of the more brutal body horror shots we have seen in this entire franchise. Simple but very, VERY effective. I actually flinched when it happened.

I feel like people set themselves up for disappointment thinking they were going to get a huge fight ala' Vader/Ahsoka, and I wont argue for 20 posts about that, I can understand why people both wanted and expected that.

But I think what we got was absolutely perfect.

Goodnight sweet Sith.

The quick battle was fine (though I think there should have been a little more to it) and the tragic tone of Maul's death was good, literally everything else about the episode was shit.

Obi's little talk with Ezra was retarded. If he never mentions Obi to the crew it's all gonna be extra retarded, are they supposed to believe Ezra killed Maul?

>actually flinched when it happened.
Okay, calm down.

I get overly tense when I am watching something I am invested in I guess...

He'll tell them Maul tripped and fell into a hole. They'll believe it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WioRxS-uuTs

>are they supposed to believe Ezra killed Maul?
If I was a little bitch of an up and coming Jedi that hadn't done anything other than terrorist and pirate stuff I'd let my friends believe I killed a former Sith Lord too.

>one of the more brutal body horror shots we have seen in this entire franchise
It didn't even look like anything had happened, it just looked like the sabre had been sliced.
It was only apparent what had happened when he started smoking afterwards.
It was the opposite of 2edgy, it was tame to the point of being a little confusing.

>there are "people" who disliked this scene

My only issue is the guy who pointed out the dummy

you fucking ruined it for me user

Really? I knew what happened the second the saber came down, it went right through his chest

It's the only good Rogue One scene

wut?

I didn't watch RO in theatres because literal autism means the loud audio of theatres freaks me the fuck out.

I'm watching from the mega link right now and it's fucking AWESOME. Krennic just had Lyra executed.

Sorry. Also I'm pretty sure the Vader mask has eye holes to help the actor see. They're noticeable when he slices the dummy in half.

I won't delet the truth

Yes, quite a few people were confused by the shot. It seemed like Maul had simply fallen over on his own accord, and apparently the smoke effect was too subtle for some to even notice it

When he lifts the guy to the ceiling, look at his hand. It's so obviously a dummy hand

Have you read catalyst? It'll greatly improve it

First time I saw rogue one I was super impressed but I think that's cause I avoided leaks and was expecting absolute shit so when it was decent I was shocked. After the second viewing I liked it less but still find the majority of criticisms of the movie to be retarded.

Basically all the stuff around Saw is kinda fucked but other than that I think it's a good film.

Sorry about your autism bro. This scene is intense watching it in a theater

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WRlczREwyVzV2WVU/view?usp=sharing

Look at the obvious dummy hand of the guy Vader pushes to the ceiling.

meh, this has no impact on the scene for me

I've watched the fight a few times and I still don't see any clear indication of Maul being struck.
Obi Wan swings down and there's a flash of sparks and we see Maul drop the two sabre halves to his sides.
Like, I'm sure that if you should me the 3d models in the animation program that there would be connection between the sabre and Maul's chest, but the way it's presented in the episode, I don't think it's clear at all during the action.
It's only once he actually goes down that it's clear what's actually happening in that scene.

When it was near the end, everything started to fall into place and everything became clear at where they where too. That scene alone was the perfect connection to A New Hope and gave the title way more meaning. I fucking loved it.

Yes I have. Catalyst was amazing.
I can imagine. Looks like a fucking slasher movie.

Link for anons (x265)
mega.nz/#!wF5FjTQB!m4g_ys0beu6KevmjKbgUFgMaFwVsuFlxKlxJz-SXuk8
Not x265
mega.nz/#!wUknTRBa!2toDOPgpW-6dgUqIJ4cMmmZ4pPwmJt3nhJZd35G9JQ0

Yeah that's called autism.

>Cape flapping
>In space

you think he did that with the force to make himself look cool

Holy shit they didn't hold back on Recon.
They pretty effectively addressed most of the issues I've seen people have about the final duel. Also
>Goodnight sweet Sith

>They pretty effectively addressed most of the issues I've seen people have about the final duel
I must've missed that bit

Probably did, he was acting cheeky with that choking pun and the "Great at failing." I'm guessing he had a good mood after that bacta tank.

Did you ever notice that in the grievous fight the animators were too lazy to model new sabers so grievous is just holding Anakin's and Kenobi's saber?

They addressed them, but hardly effectively

Nobody gives a shit about Ezra fucking about in the desert. Everyone who tuned in came for Maul and Kenobi and we got fucking rused

There's only so many ways you can build a tube.

You underestimate the saberfags

But there's thousands of ways to build a lightsaber

ok now that the rogue one blue ray got leaked anybody got some high quality screenshots of the fleet scenes

also is it a full featured bluray with all the special features or is it just the movie

We need some high quality Rogue One WebM's ASAP

Including a montage of all the Ghost shots in the space battle

And the chopper scene

It's quick, but this looks like a strike to me. The angle just makes it a little hard to see.

i was more surprised that nigga's head wasn't in two pieces

>forgot to even spoiler his /trash/

It would be like that episode of TCW where Corporal Meebur Gascon and his brave, loyal droid squad wandered around that utterly desolate salt flat forever. I'd love to see that

It's not so much eyeholes as it is the flashes of pyrotechnics making it easier to see his eyes through the tinted lenses.

He...He's fast!

Yeah I don't quite know how that worked

Press F to pay respects.

The fight being a Kurosawa reference isn't really addressing the issues when it's a pretty poorly implemented Kurosawa reference.
And as much as I personally don't think the fight works, even though a lot of people are happy with it and think it was a good send of, the biggest problem was spending so much of the episode on Ezra when he doesn't actually contribute anything to the main event.

Like, for all their talk of minimalism and stripping away everything to the bare essence of the story that needed to be told and yadda yadda, they spent most of the time showing Ezra and Chopper fucking around with sand for no reason.

>reminding me of A Sunny Day in the Void and that arc in general

Oh fuck is Ted right behind me?!

Always

That arc was unironically fantastic. A Sunny Day in the Void is hilariously dark.

>implying someone didn't salvage his legs and start cloning him

Begun, the KenoBIIAIIAUGHUGHG Wars have

THE DELEGATES, SHEEV

Yeah, spending a majority of the episode on Ezra was a bad idea. I'd prefer it if the episode had just been Maul without Ezra, but I also get that they felt the need to include him because he's connected to Maul. I still would've liked to see less of him, especially since most of his time is spending wandering and doing nothing.

THE GALACTIGATES, MAHN MAHTHMA

F

Goodnight sweet Sith

Unironically my favorite villain in the series, Witwer did a phenomenal job, very sad to see Maul die, but it was admittedly the right time.

You think he ever elbowed her in the face on accident?

> see preview
> get slightly hyped
> figure it's going to be a whole side episode dedicated to Maul and Kenobi to close the plot thread
> episode starts with Maul having to lure out Kenobi by attracting Ezra for no real reason
> Ezra magically wants to go to Tatooine because holocrons
> all on a hunch that some Jedi that he's never met and is surely dead is still out there on this specific planet
> 15 minutes of Ezra and Chopper bullshitting into and through the Jundland Wastes
> meets Kenobi
> someone who no one should know is alive
> actual Maul vs Kenobi scene is rushed and lasts but a split moment
> didn't even realize Maul got fatally wounded because of censorship
> Maul's last words are rushed dialogue to make room for Ezra having a lesson-of-the-week for the children viewers as if this was Season 1
> major plot holes around "is Ezra just not going to tell people that Kenobi is alive" and potentially how Anakin is still supposed to be the chosen one despite turning Sith
As someone who can usually hand-wave problems in shows and ignore them (but still acknowledge them), this episode ended up being a huge let-down. Every time Ezra just so happened to cross paths with a major franchise character, I just let it go, but now that he's gone out of his way to find Obi-Wan just places him into self-insert OC character. In hindsight, I should have seen it with the whole "MY CHARACTER CAN BE BOTH LIGHT AND DARK SIDE AND IS TRAINED TO BE DARTH MAUL'S APPRENTICE AND ALSO HIT ON PRINCESS LEIA AND SAVED [insert character] THAT ONE TIME". Fuck.

>this is allowed on a blue board
Look at those balls!

Yeah it was fucking garbage. The ending was fine but the buildup was literally the worst way they could have done it

>the Rebels Recon team including Chopper give Maul an Eastern Orthodox funeral
what did they mean by this

That's really the problem, I'm sure the models make contact but the way it's framed makes it (needlessly) ambiguous.
If Maul had just carried on fighting with two single blades after that attack, I wouldn't have seen anything wrong.

yes but Soarin' Ted's redemption arc would involve holding off the death star so mahn mahthma could repeal sheevcare

Always two there are. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
But which was destroyed... the master, or the apprentice?
>camera lingers on Chopper

This. The small amount of smoke rising of Maul later is the only thing that sells it. Would it have really been so bad to have Obi stab him?

would have been pottery tbhx 1138

>Grievous was actually a huge fan of Anakin and Kenobi and built replicas of their lightsabers
>Grievous only tried to kill Obi-Wan so many times because he was yandere for him
>Dying by Obi-Wan's hand was what he wanted all along

It's so dense. Every single bit of characterization has so many things going on.

This, but toned down about 45%

Stabbing is too violent for Disney, it can only happen off screen.

wheres the megalink?

No one likes you, Krennic

does anyone have an HD webm of the Hammerhead ramming the ISD?

>google.com/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/252039

>All the hemming and hawing over Maul’s power and influence, through The Phantom Menace, a large number of The Clone Wars episodes, and a good chunk of this season, is literally cut down in mere moments. It’s a literal and figurative cosmic joke. Maul was a nobody, pursuing nothing, and had no chance at victory, both because Kenobi was a wiser, better fighter, but also because we all know Maul had no real impact on the Star Wars Story(tm). In the end, what was really the point of Maul? There’s an intergalactic rebellion going on, and we’re spending all this time on this one dude’s petty revenge-fest? The cold opening of “Twin Suns” was really the key. Maul’s faux-Shakespearean speech, all bombast and melodrama, took place in the middle of a desert wasteland, with no one around to hear–or care. So of course he called for the only person in the galaxy who would care.

Also an insight into Ezra's role in the episode for those thinking he had no reason to be there

Hint: he had no reason to be there. That was the point of his being the focus for most of it, to find out that he had no place there. Because in the end, this was at best a sidestory. Ezra did get entangled with Maul, but it was not for him to pursue as he did.

Obi-Wan knowing Ezra's name was nonsense and clearly a tactic they had to employ to rush the plot due to not getting an hour long episode for it. Pretty hard to ignore that bullshit. I can believe him sensing Maul's presence the minute he set foot on the planet because it's a person he's very familiar with at that point, but Ezra is a nobody that Obi-Wan would never have even heard of.

>Stabbing is too violent for Disney

Why are their movies way more violent than their shows?

it's