So supposedly there's supposed to be a Venom movie released by Sony, October, 5th, 2018...

So supposedly there's supposed to be a Venom movie released by Sony, October, 5th, 2018. You guys think it's going to be a successful movie or nah? What do you guys think bout this?

Maybe they are trying to get in on the R-rated turf and will make Venom a sci-fi horror story in the vein of Alien?

sony wants me to kill myself, they are doing an excellent job

Honestly I would actually like that

Instead of rushing a Venom movie tied up in complicated canon bullshit like whether it takes place in the MCU or defunct Amazingverse, they should just be a little patient and inteoduce the narrative thread in the MCU Spider-Man movies

Also, it's being directed by the guy who wrote the Amazing Spier-Man 2 so it definitely won't be good

FUCKKKKKKKK, this movie gonna be trash then.

Wouldn't really resemble Venom then though, the point of him is being a dark reflection of Spider-Man

The inevitability of it all is so excruciating

>nah
This one.

I'm having a tough time thinking of how a Venom movie can turn out, he is a baddie after all.
Unless they go with the time her partner up with Spidey and was a bit of a goof singing while swinging around, but then it's like what?

Venom (Eddie) was a villain for like 2 irl years of publication, basically his origin story. 90% of what came after that was anti-hero stuff, except when they need him to be evil/crazy again for reasons.
It's just that adaptations mostly stick to him being a villain because they don't have the time or need to flesh him out.

Not that he's very interesting as an anti-hero, but it's been done.

I know he's been the anti-hero for several periods of time, but I'm trying to think what and where are they trying to go with the movie in the long run, since all movies have to connect to others somehow nowadays.
Who will he fight? I don't think Carnage will be a good fit as it's pretty much blowing your load all at once, and it would be better if later on him and Spidey teamed up against Carnage. I'm curious but a little worried considering ASM2.

They can always make it a prequel to its bonding to Spiderman. Perhaps they could go with the Ultimates version.

Maybe something with the Foundation symbiotes. Gotta say I don't remember much from his solo run.

Either way it'll probably be shit.

depends on how 90s they go with it. I feel like the movie can only be good if they go all the way, but it'll probably be bargain bin trash, given how good ASM 2 was.

it will definitely be bad if it's rated PG-13

Sony is literally incapable of learning.

They keep on trying to make a million Spider-Man spin-offs so they can have their own "cinematic universe" instead of making a single good movie.

If this is the case I could see them just adapting Dan Way's Venom run which totally wasn't based on Carpenter's The Thing. Honestly I'm not sure how I'd like that, I hated Ultimate Venom because it was a lab experiment and not an alien life form.

Perhaps they can make it an alien being experimented on in a lab. They would get to use the extraterrestrial origin and the ultimate story lines.

>What do you guys think bout this?

I bet its going to be a black symbiote movie that doesnt bond to Spider-Man

xenophage, sin eater, one of the many evil canadian government organizations, roxxon, some crime lord in madripoor, cancer, FOX News