So what are your thoughts on the reveal of Superbro and Superdad being Superman Red/Blue...

So what are your thoughts on the reveal of Superbro and Superdad being Superman Red/Blue? I personally like the idea since it means both Supermen were real and Superbro wasn't a fake like everyone here was saying for months.

I'm ok with it. Pretty much the ideal solution. To it's only impressive if they tie it to pic related from Morrison's run.

But mostly I really just don't see why they wasted several months with the inbetween stuff and didn't just merge them from the start so we could get normal stories like every other fucking book. It wasn't worth it.

>Though it's only impressive

accidentally a word there

I started reading Superman with Rebirth because I liked the idea of post crisis Superman being in an unfamiliar universe and having a kid.
Merging him with Nu52 Supes feels like a cheap way of appeasing Superbro fans. I hope it's undone by the end of the story because I feel it'll negatively impact the narrative they had going with the father/son relation ship of Clark and Jon.

Until Superbro is stricken from canon entirely, I'm not buying a DC book.

Why? He'll still be superdad, just with memories of the new 52 universe. nothing else is gonna be different

I'm confused. Superdad is the 80's/90's post crisis Superman. Correct? I stopped reading some time back, but, I preferred him over the Nu52 Superman. What's this bullshit about them merging? Please tell me it's not permanent.

anti-mergefags getting BTFO fills me with glee tbqh

The preview has him unable to recognize Jon.
Also I'm confused what's up with Lois because her Nu52 self was still alive and even super-ing around on her own. Did she just poof into this merged Lois? (Who doesn't recognize Clark as her husband either)

The preview isn't the final merging obviously. Can't you read? Mxy clearly says that Jon didn't fix anything. And he also mentioned that he undid the identity thing.

If it really is just a merge I hope he's only received the memories of Superbro and is still largely post crisis supes.
Like post crisis is the main package, Superbro is the expansion pack.

How is Kenan still powered if Superbro is back? Shouldn't the energy have left him and returned back to Superman?

>Superdad is the 80's/90's post crisis Superman. Correct?
Yes, and technically the rebooted Silver Age Superman.

>What's this bullshit about them merging?
Well, to not spoil you further...that, they merged, so did Lois.

>Please tell me it's not permanent.
Well, it's comics, and the arc still has to end but it seems its gonna be the case.

Superbro's chi was divided between Lois, Lana, Kenan and another guy whose name I can't remember. Lois died, Lana gave up his part, but Kenan and the other didn't.

Weren't the Chinese sapping Clark and experiementing for a while? The bolt might not be necessary.

>Lana gave up his part
I thought that was a coma dream while she was in that healing chamber?
But also if Kenan didn't give it up how is Superbro back? Shouldn't he still be in Kenan and not able to return unless complete?

>I thought that was a coma dream while she was in that healing chamber?
I assumed the giving part was true but not everything else.

>But also if Kenan didn't give it up how is Superbro back? Shouldn't he still be in Kenan and not able to return unless complete?
I guess Lois or Lois/Lana's part are enough to have his "soul" back or his memories back.
We should wait for the next issues of the arc for more clarification though.

I dont think hes truly back. Just the part that was floating with Jon is able to manifest becauae reasons. We'll find out soon. The story isnt finished.
And i tgink its implyed Kenan has another souce for his powers.

nothing says he can't return incomplete

I think it's kind of dumb because it devalues then both as individuals. Basically they're saying there never really was a Superbro and it was Superman doing everything he did. Oh, you liked this new, distinctive take on a classic character? Well that's too bad, because he never really existed in his own. Superdad, too, I thought was a good contrast to 'bro, but by sticking then together they just throw all that out the window.

Lana clearly had a connection to Lois via the powers where they could talk to each other. The dream was likely real.

No Superman #19 proves that wasn't just a dream and it wouldn't have been advertised as a Superman Reborn ti-in if it was.

I'm pretty sure he is back he says in Superwoman #8 that Lana kept him and Lois alive in her and Mxy even says Superbro turned into Red Energy he never said he died.

New 52 Lois died a while back in Superwoman #1 and became Red Energy like Superbro.

Me to they hated Superbro and wished he was a fake but now that it was revealed he and Superdad are the same they're rejecting it serves those fuckers right.

I meant not completely seeing as Kenan still running around.
We'll see. I hope Kenan is able to keep his powers as its really interesting how the writer tied it into chinese lore.

Superbro is Superdad and Superdad is Superbro doesn't matter what memories he has both are the same man..

I'm a big superbro can still butthurt of rebirth and I agree with this.

What's wrong with having two Supermen around?

It is definitely going to be permanent but he'll still be mostly Superdad after the merge still keeping the marriage and the child.

>What's wrong with having two Supermen around?
Nothing we also have Kenan Kong as Superman the difference between that and the Supebro/Dad situation is that Superbro and Superdad are the same character and DC is obviously not going to have two versions of the exact same Superman around so their answer is a merger.

Would you have preferred Superbro have been a a clone impostor? Superboy Prime? Because those were what everyone on this site was thinking Superbro was gonna be and as a Superbro fan I hated those theories. I much rather him and Superdad be the same but split and merge than any of those other options.

I see this in a very different light.

Adding, and mixing in, bro's menories and probably certain history of hin, to dad's own memories and history is a way of acknowledge that bro existed, was real and matter: a way of preserve and honor his editorial history. And I'm oretty sure that the outcome of the merge is going to be a superdad with a certain grade if selfawareness of said merge and at the sane time that he still is himself, he is going to remember sone stuff from bro's.

It's kind of lije carrting a legacy, in a way.

It also is probably going to be a bit fuzzy in the derails of how it works, same as ir hapoens with the fucked up bachground of Wally or the Robins and Batman.

>I assumed the giving part was true but not everything else.
I'm pretty sure everything else that happened was true as it has Lana stating that her memories were becoming cloudy and that the universe felt different the result of Superbro and Superdad merging.

Yeah maybe not completely but maybe Lana and Lois's half was all he needed.

What is so wrong about a merger? It makes both versions real instead of Superbro being an impostor Superman like everyone said and for you butt hurt Superdadfags the Merged Superman is still mostly Superdad.

this is the problem.

It diminishes BOTH characters.

It is like they tried to get jason, dick, tim and damian and fused into a single TRUE ROBIN, it is retarded and we as readers would lose characters traits that are different from all of them.

Doesnt matter to me if Superbro was a impostor, he WAS Superman and acted like Superman all through his stories, what DC says doesn't matter.

It is like saying that Kal-L isnt the REAL Superman and the post-crisis one is the real one. It is just silly.

And for Superdad, well losing his earth and making a new family is just another story, trying to alter his own status quo with the merge is just retarded. Looks like they are losing steam with his version (Multiplicity was shit)

Yeah, I wouldn't want Suoerbrobto be a Fake clone or some shit. Having him and super dad be two heads of the same coin is better than saying superdad is the real supes. And like has a good point too. It allows Clark and Lois to keep both histories.

Also, the timeline is already crumbling around them and merging the two, see Superwoman. I loved Superbro, between Morrison, Pac, Yang and Unchained we had a lot of good stuff in the last 5 years, but I really, really hope SM/WW gets retconned out of existence. Literally everything else has been retconned on Wondie's book anyway.

Yeah things gonna get pretty awkward between Supes Lois and WW because of shit romance of new52 after the merge.

Thats the only problem i have with the merge desu.

But the difference between the Robins and the Supermen is that the Robins are different characters the Supermen aren't it's not like they're going "hey let's merge these two different characters who have no relation or connection to each other because why not?" And to me at least it matters if Superbro was Superman because it would be like DC giving us Superbro fans the middle finger and telling us that "oh you like this Superman well he was never the real Superman but an impostor".would have been horrible if they did that.

the problem is rebirth itself, the idea that new 52 is the post-crisis with 10 years stolen is retarded, it is back pedalling for both universes.

For me the story of Superbro is already told, he can rest in peace, but noooo, we have to sperg about the new 52 universe itself and creating more inconsistencies that we already had.

It actually makes sense that they're the same universe Flashpoint happened because Barry tried to save his mother and when he tried to fix it he merged the Post Crisis Universe with the Wildstorm and Vertigo universes which created the New 52 Universe. And yeah the 10 years thing is a bit of a retcon but the being the same universe thing isn't, that was true from the start.

>So what are your thoughts on the reveal of Superbro and Superdad being Superman Red/Blue?
Not being a longtime superfag I came in having only read the Superman Lois and Clark tpb; so I've been much less impressed with the series than a lot of people. Because the nostagiafagging is completely lost on me ( I had no idea who The Eradicator was; and had never read the original Dinosaur Island story ).

And I always thought the Eclectic Blue Superman was retarded.

So I dropped Superwoman after the first issue (and I'm not picking it back up for a crossover); dropped Action after the first arc (Never cared for Doomsday) and, again, not picking it back up; and now I'm dropping Superman.

I can get my Jon fix in Super Sons.

Similarly, I gave up on Kingbats because the main draw seems to be "'Member All-Star Superman? OOH, I 'MEMBER! 'Member Knightfall??"

This seems to be the current trend in capeshit, though: over at Marble they're already talking about a Tean Solo where she's ... dealing with the Phoenix. And a Weapon-X book. And ...

Of course, having said that, I'm still reading Titans, Teen Titans, and Green Arrow; so it's not like I don't understand the appeal. I just don't have the background on this particular title for any of this to hit me in the feels.

I guess it's all about personal preference but for me the Superman books have been the best they've been in years and I guess having a lot of knowledge on Superman is why I'm enjoying the stories so much

>I can get my Jon fix in Super Sons.
Fangirl detected. Opinion discarded.

not the same guy but I think these Rebirth stories are fucking mediocre at the best. They do not even look like they are telling stories at the present, they look like they are building up for some DC event in the future. The stories itself are bland and repetitive. Even Superman Reborn does that, the BIG story until now of Superman Rebirth is masturbating itself for something bigger in the future.

In the New 52 that wasn't the truth, the stories were always for the present, for the now, giving a sense that what you read actually matters in that universe unlike Rebirth so far.

Also, Jon fucking sucks.

He is the most interesting when was being written by Jurgens of all people now he by Tomasi is Generic Kid Trademark. It is bland as fuck and even in Supersons, Damian is SO MUCH more of a character that makes me feel bad for the team for trying to put Jon against him. Damian outshines him by a far mile. This is why the original Supersons are way better and balanced, they were like Clark and Bruce with a little edge going against their fathers and not against each other, they were balanced unlike rebirth supersons.

Apart from the whole Mr Oz thing these books haven't really focused that much on the Rebirth mystery and I say this as being as big a fan of Superbro as I am Superdad but outside Morrisson's and Pak's run New 52 Superman books weren't really the best.

This fucking page keeps getting posted but I still can't make heads or tails of it

It's just one guy sperging on different forums. Just ignore.

All the fun of being married to Lois and having super-memory of fucking Wonder Woman.

Superbro is shit and he's tainting the real Superman

You Superdadfags can't say Superdad is the real Superman anymore since Superbro and Superdad are the same person.

They were not the best but they were serviceable. I did read all Super titles of New 52 and even then, the quality of Superman/Action Comics were above the rest. The worst was Superboy (not even the Lobdell origin but the issues not written by him, not letting the character evolves and being shoved to crossovers).

Even Lobdell Superman was fun, I really liked Krypton Returns and H'el on Earth that are more Kara oriented stories than other crossovers, for someone who was reading only superman/AC it would be bad, but for others characters was really good (Kara dealing with clones and learning to accept Kon-El and such).

I would have loved it if he was Prime honestly.

>In the New 52 that wasn't the truth, the stories were always for the present, for the now, giving a sense that what you read actually matters in that universe unlike Rebirth so far.

C'mon, man. You know that isn't true. A majority of the titles were pretty directionless at the start, and only started feeling cohesive near the end of DCYou.

Truly, Merged Clark is the truest Superman.

It baffles me that there are people who are actually upset that the New 52 is being undone. Viva la Rebirth

>Oh no these characters with long, rich histories are affected by these histories!
Fuck off cartoonfag.

IKR five years of complaining and when DC does something about it people still complain.

And it was okay for being "directionless". It was like shounen jump manga, that at the start the stories are building character/world and episodic, then they after some time they do their "main story".

But even this was false, even in the beginning to mid of New 52 there was the Brainiac/Lois Lane permeating the plot.

The problem is that even for those who dislikes n52 the way of doing is bad, Rebirth is a literal patchwork, it is not an end for N52 nor a beginning for Rebirth, you can see this when someone get baited to read Superman Rebirth and are confused as fuck.

I think it's just a vocal minority made up mostly of the few people who actually jumped on at the beginning of New 52.
Both grognards and normies seem to be loving Rebirth. I personally felt actual real emotions reading a comic for the first time in years when I picked up Rebirth #1.

>I can't into reading comprehension
Never change Sup Forumsmrades

You keep talking like everyone hates Rebirth, but it's received high praise from all corners. You're just projecting your own frustration that the narrative isn't going the way you personally wanted it to on the rest of us.

>Y-you don't disagree with me you j-just don't understand
Never heard that one before

I dunno about other Rebirth titles like Titans, Green Arrow or anyother, but all Supertitles that are what I read suffer from shit to mediocre writing at the moment. And Superman/AC suffers the most from this narrative like Titans (or Wally West: The Comic) suffers too.

And I was reading Superman even before N52 and thank god somebody stopped that, after the ending of New Krypton and Grounded I couldnt even care anymore.

Convoluted and an odd fix as Superman escaped FS/N52 how could he be affected by anything Manhattan or any 5th dimension could have done to him (splitting him to be exact)

>But even this was false, even in the beginning to mid of New 52 there was the Brainiac/Lois Lane permeating the plot.

Even so it didn't really feel like it was meant to leave an impact, like that subplot in the 90s about Lex trying to ruin Lois' career after she tried to out him as a clone.

What? Superman's always been affected by that kind of thing. It pretty much falls under his weakness to magic. You know the quote about advanced science being indistinguishable from magic.

>using le south park maymay

Yeah I'm not even reading the rest of that shit. Hidden.

Merging is dumb, lazy and undermines the individual Supermen. I can't give an F anymore for Superman. Some effing imp can come and ave a hand to "fix" then it devalues every event. Don't come tell me it is legacy. The hell it is. It yr lazy company needing to have an excuse to relaunch and appease bitches.

It's not unheard of hell New 52 Superman had his life changed 5 dimensional being himself so it's not unreasonable to believe Superman can get split in two.

That page has nothing to do with the current storyline. If they were split, it happened before/during flashpoint.

>Merging is dumb, lazy and undermines the individual Supermen.
How? It solidifies both versions as the real genuine article instead of making one of them fake.

And who's to say he was unaffected by it? We don't know that, he could have been split before he got into Convergence and during/before Flashpoint.

So was Mxyzptlk split as well? Or did the Morrison stuff now outright never happen?

They're probably going to ignore it.

Fuck them, then. It wouldn't even be necessary. Just have Manhattan disable the Zrrrfians by splitting their entire dimension.

And I guess this is why many fans think Superman is lacking true pathos. Ultimately he lacks true growth. The character is really one of those stagnant heroes that people find it hard to connect to. Unlike say Batman, Superman cannot change. And if he does it's a cheat to say he did as he is back to what he was 3 decades ago. It's middle aged men trying to relive their youth, while the real world passes them by. That is Rebirth and DC team behind Superman.

I like the concept but it hurts my brain thinking about the logistics of it considering Superdad's past with all the Convergence shit. Like when did the split happen? Why was Lois also split and how does Jon factor in? Was the whole timeline split at New 52's conception and that's the world Brainiac stole Superdad and his family from?

I would say Superman becoming a father is progression and growth for the character.

Why can't Superdad get his red undies back and Superbro have the New 52 costume and keep both around? A merge is really cheap and is just a shitty way of getting rid of Superbro for good and hopefully appeasing his fans cause you know right after this memory thing ends he'll just go right back to Superdad and Superbro will be gone forever just as if they didn't do a merge at all.

>I-it sucks ok

Because they're not going to have two versions of the exact same character around and I wouldn't say a merger is getting rid of Superbro since Superbro is Superdad he'll technically still be around if you look at it that way.

But really for any Superbro fan against the merger remember it could have been so much worse Superbro could have been revealed as a clone impostor, Superboy Prime, or Kon-El I thin those would have been much worse so I'll take a merger thank you very much.

>Was the whole timeline split at New 52's conception and that's the world Brainiac stole Superdad and his family from

If you really want to get into a nerd fest about it, YES - this is exactly what we were told. Those bottle cities were taken at the moment of their destruction.

So, for example, Superdad (and Lois and the yet unborn Jonathan) were in Gotham - as Clark and Lois, for the Planet because Jimmy was also in Gotham with them (for some unexplained reason, since the last time we saw pre-FP Clark, he was in Space at the end of Black Ring/Reign of Doomsday) and Superdad was to fight Project Superman Clark, Abin Sur (who was dead, actually, Captain Thunder (also dead), Cyborg (I don't really care so I don't really remember, but also dead before the FP universe disappeared -- but yes, FP was the timeline split, New 52 conception.

IF they are the same person, simply split, it would mean that Superbro's memories of Jonathan and Martha are false implants, and his entire relationship with Diana is a married father cheating. It's problematic on multiple levels that have nothing to do with giving fans headaches.

Sure merge them. That's a great solution, nothing can go wrong with that

that red costume...

almost like comuinist red!

They will most likely retcon superman's relationship with Wonder Woman rendering it null. Supes would be tainted otherwise if they don't rewrite it.

>They were like Clark and Bruce
Then why not just read World's Finest? Sounds boring DESU

What's most likely is that the split itself might have caused Convergence because who- or whatever caused it needed to place to put the blue half but he found a way to rebel against that and return to his universe around the time of the split itself. But even speaking in terms of "time" is probably misguided here because something that has that power can likely put things whenever they want.

But everything that happened in the new 52 is still real which is why reality itself will have to be changed a little to smooth things over. You can't think too linearly here.

The thing is, though, Superbro has gone through enough development by this point to be a distinct person. There's no reason he couldn't be the Power Girl to Superdad's Supergirl.

People were saying the Clark Kent which was a perfectly ordinary human was SBP, which was an intentional misdirect on the part of the writers.

>I much rather him and Superdad be the same but split and merge
The problem is they were no longer the same. Even if they shared a name, face, and origin, they were different in powers and personality.

The best way I can think of to reconcile it would be for Superbro to continue operating as his own character but with a different alias. Superdad stays Superman because he has seniority, and Superbro becomes The Kryptonian or something.

It makes sense narratively, but from a meta perspective it clutters things because you have to find a way to justify why, in the original Post-Crisis, ten years prior to Manhattan's dickery, things went so differently than they did in New 52, which is now supposed to have been at that same point chronologically.

Despite it being a merge, it's mostly just for the benefit of Pre new 52 Superman being normal friends with Batman and the rest of his colleagues instead of the awkward "That guy that's an AU version of our dead friend".

>The thing is, though, Superbro has gone through enough development by this point to be a distinct person.

This is not true at all to me. Outside of a handful of issues at the beginning of the new 52 he has basically behaved the same as Superdad.

Because one would inevitably be given a dramatic world saving death during an event to show how high the stakes are.

That's not very good logic. Yes, it's not the worst thing that could happen to him, but that doesn't mean it does the character justice. Of course, whether it does him justice or not is going to be subjective, but my point is that you don't have to accept something simply because it's not the worst option.

Pretty much. WW is the only one whose relationship with him will likely change because of the merge (and good riddance since even Superbro fans didn't like SMWW) but everyone else will have their interactions with him rooted in new 52 events. Only way to give everyone a happy result out of it.

And this is a bad thing because...?

Because then you alienate a group of fans for no reason.

Merge allows both sides of versionfags to be happy (brofags keep their continuity, dadfags keep their marriage and son) and avoid shitting on those of us who are fans of both for a third time in less than 10 years.

Superman the image

I haven't followed that much since Superbro died. It sounds ok desu. What about Lois though? Was she split in two as well?