If/when you have a little daughter, how do you intend to introduce her to comicbooks and cartoons...

If/when you have a little daughter, how do you intend to introduce her to comicbooks and cartoons, and make sure she has decent taste?

Don't make her a capeshit fangirl. No Disney princess bullshit. Give her a copy of Bone. Have her watch Miyazaki. And when she's old enough, about 12, sit her down and have a serious talk about storytelling techniques. Make her read McCloud's book. Make sure she has the critical thinking toolset she'll need to make good entertainment decisions. Then release her into the world.

it makes me sick to my stomach to think anyone on this website might have kids

I would have her watch the works of Ralph Bakshi and Pink Floyd's The Wall like my dad had me watch way back when.

Same way my parents did: Asterix and Tintin. Mafalda for humor. Then see how her own taste develops and find her something good.

This.

I want to have a son/daughter just so I can teach them art theory.

You guys fell for a meme, most of Sup Forums is well-adjusted

I'm curious: Did your parents introduce you to comics/cartoons or did you discover them on your own?
You can show your kids comics and shit but you can't really force them to like any of it.
Guys like have no grasp on what its like to raise a kid. They're their own people, and forcing them to like the shit you like, just because you like it, is retarded.

Depending on how their later years go and how their earlier years went, they'll look back on the things they were made to do with nostalgic longing.

Then again, it'd be better to raise a kid who find themselves with a present and future they prefer to trying to recapture the past with activities their parents did with them as a child.

W-Why would anyone want a daughter at this day and age?

Pfft. Are you actually taking this thread seriously?

I'd share my interests. My parents never really discussed books, movie or shows. My dad didn't like movies. The only influence my parents had was showing me MASH as a kid, which I enjoyed. I feel like my taste developed fine without a parent trying to teach me or force something on me. While I hope our conversations my will have some effect on them or myself, I'll let them make their own choices.

nope. The idea that my parents would told me what I should like makes me sick.

Also it's ok to like garbage if you are a kid.
I watched Power Rangers and other 90s crap. So what? Later you watch better stuff and you learn by yourself why it's good.

^this.
Let kids have their fun. Instead of forcing them to watch something, treat them like a person and ask why they like something you don't and explain to them why you like something different. No matter how good your taste might be, it's not worth forcing it on a kid.

>when

Too much degenerate shit gets peddled to kids. Im not risking showing my girls anything, especially Disney garbage.

Currently they enjoy me reading to them we just ended reading some Dr Seuss books, and for night time it always goes off with the Bible, Book of Mormon or the works of Lovecraft.

No they're not. You're not.

>making your kid an autistic retard who only reads/watches obscure comics and multiple decade old cartoons
at least give your kids a chance, they're already at a disadvantage with Sup Forums genes

Her initiation will be, Caroline comic, Gunnerkrigg Court, Watership Down, Brave Little Toaster, and Homeward Bound

and deff no new cartoon network shit, Boomerang MAYBE.

>all these desperate stunted morons who want their children to be the childhood friend they never had

Why would I want my daughter to be a loser like me?

I'd probably just let her find her own interests and pursue them at her own pace.

I will show her only shitty animu so that she rebels against it in her teenage years.

She'll hate me but she'll have better taste.

Anything for my little girl.

Thats how you end up with a french bitch or a gay one

so that the future may have my blood