Daredevil season 1 > Jessica Jones season 1 >>> Daredevil season 2 > Iron Fist = Luke Cage

Daredevil season 1 > Jessica Jones season 1 >>> Daredevil season 2 > Iron Fist = Luke Cage

I'll never understand why most people didn't like DD season 2

Magic ninja stuff wasn't a good as Punisher stuff and the transition between and balancing of the two felt clunky and awkward.

This. Very inconsistent season.

This shows taught me that newyorkers are cunts.

DD1>IF>JJ=DD2>LC

I watched all of Jessica Jones and it was nice and all. But I really didn't think it was as good as people say it was. Was it cuz it was wimmenz powarrr kinda shit? It was essentially The Doctor mindraping a superhero for the whole time and white women crave the BBC. And while mind control is a great fetish and all, a good comic book show does not necessarily make. Honestly Tennant was the only thing that kept me going through it.

First half of DD2
DD1
JJ
LC

IF

Dogshit

Second half of DD2

I actually agree with this completely.

Daredevil hardly progressed as a character, and two divergent and stories that clashed with each other were just taking place around him.

DD2 Punisher > DD1 > JJ >> LC > DD2 the Hand

Watched only 6 episodes of IF so far. So far it's around LC level.

whoops, added another and in there somehow

Honestly the biggest problem with Iron Fist is budget.

Period.

They do not have the budget to do "show, don't tell," so you have Danny standing around saying "we learned martial arts at the monastery" instead of showing him doing martial arts at the monastery. They half-ass the superpowers because they don't have the budget. They half-ass the martial arts because they don't have the budget.

That's not to say the writing couldn't be clunky, nor to say that the acting was award-winning. But the reason it was so fucking dry was that you had Danny constantly referencing stuff that happened in K'un-Lun without any flashbacks because actual flashbacks cost more money than exposition.

1. JJ
2. DD - punisher/kingpin-related things
3. DD - everything else
4. LC
5. IF

>That's not to say the writing couldn't be clunky, nor to say that the acting was award-winning. But the reason it was so fucking dry was that you had Danny constantly referencing stuff that happened in K'un-Lun without any flashbacks because actual flashbacks cost more money than exposition.
I will say, this is the only out of the four netflix series that I've hard so many people express disapproval in some way shape or form. It seems that even the people who like it have an issue with it.

>LC above IF

Dude come on, the last few eps of LC fell completely apart.

Oh shit the villain is my long-lost childhood friend who turns out to also be my long-lost brother?

Well time to have a fight outside, surrounded by people that don't seem to be concerned about injuries. Because nothing sells the idea of "epic battle between superstrong men pushing themselves as far as possible" like a bunch of rubberneckers taping it on their phones, apparently unconcerned about the possibility of ending up collateral damage.

DD- S1
JJ
DD- S2
LC
IF

Well yeah. I think they did okayish, but there's just no getting around the fact that the main character every other ep is talking about things that REALLY should result in flashbacks but don't.

They needed better writing? Well a lot of the dryness in the plot is because a more awesome plot would require more special effects/stunts, which would cost more money. Shit, even some of the excessive exposition is for that reason.

They needed better martial arts? Budget.
They needed better superpowered shit? Budget.

These guys tried to adapt Iron Fist, and while you can do Iron Fist while basing the vast majority in New York, if you don't have the budget to at least show a young Danny Rand doing martial arts in K'un-Lun you're trying to run with a sliced Achiles tendon.

It's frustrating that much of the potential of the source material got kneecapped because nobody at Marvel felt like coughing up the money that something like this needed.

DD1 (fight scenes) > IF (consistently good pacing, no low points) = Jessica Jones (the villain carried the show) > DD2 (just some boring sets of episodes, Punisher was cool) > Luke Cage (cool concept, boring second half)

but the protagonist was black

Daredevil (s1) Problems: I had guys with machine guns shooting at me!

Jessica Jones Problems: I had people with guns attack me, but, like, they were mind controlled so that made it hard to fight back.

Daredevil (2) Problems: More machine guns! LOTS more!

Luke Cage Problems: I got shot with a rocket launcher and with super-bullets, then fought a guy in an Iron Man suit. A knock-off, but still.

Iron Fist problems: I got locked in a truck. It was very scary.

Nah, Jessica Jones wasn't nearly as good as Daredevil season 1

DD s1 > Luke Cage > DD s2 > shit > Iron Fist = Jessica Jones