Why is DC doing all these bizarre crossovers lately? Do they need money? Who are they supposed to appeal to?

Why is DC doing all these bizarre crossovers lately? Do they need money? Who are they supposed to appeal to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uMlRpN8ANrU
dialbforblog.com/archives/390/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Who are they supposed to appeal to?
Bizzaro crowd cause of the bizzare crossovers.

>Bizzare

Batman/Shadow makes perfect sense. A for demographic theres a ton of people who like both GL and Star Trek, Batman and TMNR,Gotham Academy and Lumberjanes, etc. Plus I imagine creators like to write/draw them.

Why do you give a shit?

Cause it's fucking cool dude

GA/Lumberjanes was probably the smartest one because you know there are some of those types who are probably hesitant to get into capeshit. I remember seeing people on twitter saying why didn't anyone tell them Gotham Academy wasn't just a book about white kids, which of course is sadly missing the point since their races aren't the important thing there but regardless it publicizes the franchise and maybe gets them to buy the trades later.

because it's weird and I don't get the rationale behind it

>Why is DC doing all these bizarre crossovers lately?
If they can, why not?

>Do they need money?
DC likes money, yes.

Who are they supposed to appeal to?
Fans of both properties. That should be obvious.

>Do they need money?
Yes, they're literally weeks away from shutting down

People like crossovers, there isn't anything more about it. Stop sperging over it.

>Batman/Shadow makes perfect sense

Like 40 years ago maybe
This is literally just going to be Batman (aka Snyder) virtue signalling the Shadow as a problematic old white man from a bygone era and how superior he is.

I don't think the Shadow has fans under the age of dead.

>Gotham Academy

I thought the lead girl was some non WASP ethnicity

For the op pic, its Batman meeting one of the characters who influenced his creation. Pretty obvious rationale.

>people on twitter saying why didn't anyone tell them Gotham Academy wasn't just a book about white kids

>This is literally just going to be Batman (aka Snyder) virtue signalling the Shadow as a problematic old white man from a bygone era and how superior he is.
The fuck, dude?

Sup Forums fucked your ability to make sense.

> meeting one of the characters who influenced his creation.

We don't talk about that and DC sure as fuck will not acknowledge it if they know what's good for them.

you know it will happen
The Shadow is at least getting sent to Arkham probably, DC cannot allow a character like that to exist in the current climate

Not liking the Shadow.
GET OUT

>literally to unintelligent to know how to greentext

Going to see Zorro is a part of almost every Batman origin.

Of course they'll acknowledge it. Its the whole reason people are looking forward to it.

The fans, you absolute stick-in-the-mud

This isn't Zorro though?
Also who's looking forward to it? Batman's many fans don't give a shit what obscure characters may or may not have influenced him 80 years ago and has no bearing on the character today.

literally to intelligent to greentext.
ftfy

Why do you care?
You don't have to buy it if you're not interested. People that are interested will buy it and enjoy it.

Buddy The Shadow was a legit SJW character for his time. He had a nigger henchman who was tough and smart, in an era where all black characters were bad guys, a woman, a Chinese woman and otherwise was always hanging around Chinese immigrants and abroad and boasting the skill and wisdom of Asia. If anything Marvel or DC should be pushing that motherfucker today harder than ever as proof superheroes have always been leftist and I suspect the only thing that stops them is how he put villains and criminals six feet under all the time.

Me, I suppose.

I bought all issues of Green Lantern/Star Trek and am planned to do the same with this crossovers.

Don't know if DC is gaining much money with it. The comics are usually published under the other publisher.

Batman has always been Zorro+The Shadow. He's integral to the 'dark and stealthy vigilante ' gimmick thats the bedrock of the character.

Just because you're uneducated on it doesn't mean it isnt a major influence.

>He's integral to the 'dark and stealthy vigilante ' gimmick thats the bedrock of the character.

Those prehistoric characters stopped being relevant the day Batman put the guns down and stopped murdering people.

Anyone who thinks "urgh, white people, no way!" can stay out of my hobby; quite happy without them.

GA has the dual problem of the name making people think it'll be something like 'Batman Babies', but without it no one would care.

did you just awaken from a coma?

The only version of Batman that would make any sense teaming up with The Shadow would be Burton's.
All the others would try to arrest him and let the villains run amok the whole time.

Yeah and she's only there on a scholarship too but there are people who heard the name and didn't bother to even research the cover because they assume the worst of capeshit

They are dumb but no dumber than characterfags. Maybe they'll accidentally read a good story and learn something.

Yeah, the pulps could be surprisingly diverse, and progressive . The Spider, a Shadow knock off, had a Hindu man servant that kicked a lot of ass, and when his Fiancé wasn't playing damsel, she'd sometimes dress up as The Spider.

its not even the first Batman-The Shadow crossover

The 'strike fear into the heart of criminals' deal comes from The Shadow. The dark urban landscape comes from The Shadow. Being stealthy comes from The Shadow.

His influence is still felt without the guns.

You're being ridiculous. All of that shit would've been a part of Batman whether some obscure character influenced him or not.

Don't forget Mandrake and Lothar.

The Shadow is one of the most successful long running characters in fiction. He's nowhere unknown.

ahahahahaahha

You forgot doc savage.

In fact doc savage is the only influenc DC never likes to talk about. It's funny since both Superman and Batman were really influenced by both

You're literally retarded.

Where would it have come from then? It didnt spring fully formed out of Finger and Kane's minds, popular things influenced them because they wanted Batman to be popular. So they stuck two popular characters (Zorro+The Shadow) together and added a Bat motif.

>The dark urban landscape comes from The Shadow. Being stealthy comes from The Shadow.
Both are standard pulp stuff. The shadow as a huge influnce but let's not pretend that wasnt the norm in the post mafia world

I'm well aware, just getting it out there every once in a while to let these people know it's not and never will be fair game. Racist shits.

>no dumber than characterfags
I emphatically disagree.

It's not DC's character, it's Dynamite's. And Red Hood, Deathstroke, Lobo and the Suicide Squad all kill people and are depicted as the 'good' guys, so I'm not sure why you'd think they'd shit on The Shadow.

It may bother you more but it is the same result in the end: people limiting their entertainment choices based on a stupid premise.

>DC cannot allow a character like that to exist in the current climate
Deathstroke is literally an old white dude who has sex with teenagers and kills for a living. DC has no problem publishing him.

youtu.be/uMlRpN8ANrU

Nigga u is retarded

There's no actual proof to this. It's just an industry urban legend circulated by a tiny number of people with a chip on their shoulder about Kane (coughcoughSterankocough).

There enough proof to prove that early Batman stories were ripped straight from the Shadow down to copying art.

Finger even admitted that a lot of it was ripped off.

No proof. All the evidence is circumstantial.

>
>There enough proof to prove that early Batman stories were ripped straight from the Shadow

No

>down to copying art.

Yes

what did you mean by this?

dialbforblog.com/archives/390/

literally who the fuck under the age of 105 knows who the shadow is much less was sitting around waiting for him to crossover with Batman

like who the actual fuck was at DC and said hey you know what crossover needs to happen, let's hae our most popular character team up with a literal who from 100 years ago that nobody who is interested in our characters knows or gives a shit about, gee wizz that sounds like a recipe for success

DC's fucking retarded and it's no wonder they hemorrhage money compared to Marvel

Are all Marveldrones this dumb or you are a special snowflake of autism?

its good if you care for comics, which is something you clearly do not

I think it's both.

Well the suits at the upper levels of DC are probably older men who are nostalgic for The Shadow so decided to collaborate with Dynamite for this. This reeks of passion project kind of thing regardless of how it will undoubtedly flop.

>it will undoubtedly flop
The only joy in a mousefag's life.

Nice delusion buddy

Too late to backpedal, user.

Are you retarded, or...?

This anti-DC crossover asshole popped up like two days ago, and he has been shitposting non-stop since then
Are you really this autistic, or is this just ironic shitposting?
I don't even know anymore

Batman/LiterallyWho

wow this till just print money :^)

>Batman

Yes it will

Actually you've got a point there but there are definitely more sensible crossovers they could've done then teaming him up with some unknown

>that one (1) Sup Forumskehead that constantly freaks out in every DC Crossover thread.

I mean, just skip them

>popped up
No he's been a frequent poster in the JSA storytimes, they call him CrankyAnon

You may have seen his threads where he rants about how awful Catwoman is

Like what? What hasn't been done yet?

>why didn't anyone tell them Gotham Academy wasn't just a book about white kids

Just look at the cover?

Spider-Man

>just skip them
He has almost nothing going on in his life besides his hobbies and he's mad that he's " the only one that takes this seriously"

Too much work for some people.

Not him but literally any other even vaguely popular character would've been set up for more success than this.
Nobody who gives a shit about Batman or comics in general are gonna come out in droves to see Batman team up with some rando fedora guns and cape lame duck.

>taken over
Oh sweetie...

Honestly kill yourself you insufferable faggot
>b-but everything isn't catered exactly to MY tastes? Why do things that aren't exist?

>Implying

This is simple facts dude.

>any other even vaguely popular character
Like who?

Swamp Thing would be cool, they've met in the past even

Simple facts that you are incapable of handling? Like that some people want to see this crossover? That DC likes doing crossovers (and has since the 90s)? That you continue to be a gigantic faggot?

>Like that some people want to see this crossover?

Literally who
A tiny handful of mostly old people are hardly who should be pandered to. How would you like it if DC next did Batman meets Sonic because a tiny group of weirdos wanted to see that? This reeks of desperation.

>all those white people

I'm going to be sick

Im going to preoder 10 copies of each issue from my LCS tomorrow just to spite you. Once again
>I don't want it so literally no one else does
Is not an argument. Several people in this thread alone have already come out and shit on you for your miserable opinion.

Oh and I would not give a single solitary shit if DC did a Batman vs Sonic, why would I care?

Batman alone is enough guarantee that people will buy it. Not sure what your beef is.

>Several people in this thread alone

A tiny fucking group
The millions of fans of Batman do not give a shit about some literally who from 90 years ago to justify this crossover

>Millions of Batman fans
Who don't buy comics. Batman barely cracks 100k sales. So maybe pandering to peoe who actually know something and care about comics, ie Shadow fans, is a better idea than pandering to moviefag casuals such as yourself. Pandering to comic fans works way better than movie fans, see: DC Rebirth vs Modern Marvel

First issue would easily perform above cancellation level. That alone justifies it.

what the fuck is up with batmans leg there

I would read a crossover between Sonic and the Flash.

Kek I think anyone would
No race though
Just have them be bros

It's always fun to see how delusional and utterly oblivious the tumblrites are.

>This guy used to shitpost on Sup Forums until he got ran out

I haven't seen him in years and was wondering what had happened to him when Songbird started getting pushed more. This is hilarious.

He's beyond fucking insane at this point and got kicked off of numerous comic forums. Also keep in mind he's about 41 years old.

>How would you like it if DC next did Batman meets Sonic because a tiny group of weirdos wanted to see that?

If it's anything like this, I'd buy 5 copies.

>Every single thing said in pic
This is all true though.