What does Sup Forums think of Rick and Morty? Half of me thinks it's amazing and the other half thinks it's shit

What does Sup Forums think of Rick and Morty? Half of me thinks it's amazing and the other half thinks it's shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

g.co/kgs/UJTyM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think Unity's prime host body deserves more fanart.

Stop caring after that last episode. The family are a bunch of brainless morons and surprisingly Jerry was the only one I could sympathize with by the end of it.

Great show. I've only disliked 3 episodes. The Pilot episode, the purge episode, and the second tv commercials episode.

So in my opinion, it's a show that was good at first but slowly got worse because of how far Roiland's head got up his own ass. And it doesn't help that Rick is a atrocious human being that's constantly being portrayed as this cool and aloof champion of science.

Does it make me laugh, sure. But it's not as clever it believes itself to be.

Also this, why does Jerry get so much shit for being the normal guy?

for me, it was great for a one time watch. seeing it again was pretty cringy.

yea he can be a try hard but the family thinks they are above it all. But the worm gag was pretty funny to me

Making Morty murder innocent people in the purge episode was a bit much.

I think it's an amazing show with few "meh" episodes. Just stay away from the fandom (like most of the shows).
The quotes get posted everywhere and it's not fucking funny. People almost made me think it is shit and I had a terrible taste but I rewatched few episodes and most of them are great.
Especially the subreddit is really cancerous tho.

Tony! Toni! Tone!
Feels Good!
g.co/kgs/UJTyM0

Too much teenage edgelord tier humor for me. And Jerry is the only likable character in the entire show.

T H I S !

I love Rick and Morty, but my biggest pet peeve with the show is how it always insists on shitting on Jerry. He's literally the voice of reason in the family. "Look Who's Purging Now" is the only time I've ever remotely disliked him, and even then, the Taddy Mason reveal at the end gave him some sympathy.

This.

I think generally speaking, the show has gotten a bit more stale over time.

Good but flawed. It's most comparable to nu-Futurama. Still enjoyable, every episode always has at least a few good lines/gags in it and it's better than most of the trash on TV right now, but some episodes are just duds and it's not as smart as it thinks it is.

It has good ideas and some funny moments but it falls flat whenever it expects me to give a shit about its characters. Why would I? Every single one of them is either stupid, an asshole or both.

The whole boo-hoo I'm depressed I wanna die thing has been played out a bit too much.

Also Jerry and Dianne having the same fucking fight and make up plot line every other fucking episode.

Someone post the woman they based her on.

You mean her voice actress?

That's probably because Season 1 was pretty fun and Season 2 was god awful shite that thought too much of itself

R&M was one of the few truly new things to come out of adult comedy in a long time. But its novelty wears thin pretty quick and what remains is a comedy style which is very hit-or-miss and not at all refined. But, hey, you could say the same thing about Space Ghost: CtC.

>Sup Forums sympathizes and identifies with the spineless loser the most
Color me surprised.

Women ruin everything: The Show.

Knocked it out of the park. Wholly agree.

I honestly hate this show. It takes takes the philosophy of "This word is shit and anyone who is happy is clearly an idiot or a phony and the reason I am miserable cunt is because I am smart enough to see it all," and cranks it up to eleven.

There isn't a single person on this show that is shown to be happy and successful without being labeled either an idiot or a selfish asshole. It is exactly how shithead teenagers see the world. The "everyone is an idiot or a phony!" The only person on this show who is slightly normal and relatable is literally the teenage daughter.

So many people watch this show and just get their bullshit validated. "Oh you're not a miserable cunt because you have mental/social disorders or are a miserable, unrelatable cunt to friends and family. You're not the problem, the world is!"

Literally the only Rick in the entire multiverse who isn't a giant fucking asshole is the stupid one. Because happiness = being a fucking idiot.

Not to mention constantly shitting on Jerry. Everyone shits on Jerry and it pisses me the fuck off because he just takes it and keeps trying to interact with them and be a good father/husband/son in law.

What happens when someone finally gets to Rick and tells him off and that he has flaws that he can't just keep avoiding and drastic himself by drowning his life in a nihilism? He tries to kill himself. He's such a fucking bitch.

Mix in the stupid "all religion is wrong" and the retarded fucking wubalubba dub dub or whatever the fuck it is and the "poopy butthole" and you've got the most aggravating show I've ever seen. The show is just dripping in post modernist bullshit.

You sure sound like someone who is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Fixed the shitty spelling.

I love shit like American dad and Futurama. Shows that are self aware and still show views contrary to my own.

I don't usually find myself laughing at "poopy butthole" and agreeing with the autistic, nihilistic loser who is a complete miserable cunt despite having more tools and resources to do anything he could want.