>three phases
>another coming
>still no Nova Space Cop movie

Why does Marvel hate Richard Rider so?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1gJFL7G9EuU
vocaroo.com/i/s0XMohnMlZsT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They don't hate him Fox has most of the best cosmic stuff.
And Green Lantern fucked up the "space cop" thing.

Besides Rights and stuff....Do you really believe than Marvel is going to lead a movie with a "Dick Rider"?

Anyway, it's more probable to see a Nova movie with Sam instead of Richard.

Fiege hates Loeb, and 2 of the main script writers at Marvel Studios have expressed interest in making movie for Rich.
I don't think it's going to happen for Rich, but Sam is definitely not getting movie

Blame Gunn for that, the original script by Perlman had Rich in it.

As long as Gunn is in charge of the GotG franchise, you won't see Nova.

Dickfags, of both companies, are just dicks and fags
Tim, Jason, Steph, Damian and particularly SAM are way better and more interesting than those old fags
both should've stayed dead forever

Damn user, tell us how you really feel.

Timfag trying to get other people on his side detected

they both are clearly the worst versions of their respective characters and only liked by people who go "lol I love dick" Bruce should dick Babs, Jason should put it in Starfire's butt and Sam should steal Richard's lifeforce

>there on people on this planet who think Dixon's Nightwing was better than his Robin

fucking retards

>being a Dixonfag at all

definitely a Timfag

>thinking Grayson was good at all

definitely a fagfag

Sounds like someone needs some dick in their life.

I feel like it's because they want to save aspects of his schtick (not the space cop stuff, but on a galactic level/personality/powers) for Captain Marvel/Carol since there's basically nowhere to go with her where he has/had a lot. I have nothing but my speculation to back this up though.

I'm sorry Tim is so bad that he got beaten up by a 10 year old twice and King ranked Duke ahead of him in the skills list

>Why does Marvel hate Richard Rider so?

Because his name is Dick Rider. Whatever other reason they give you is bullshit. This is why

King said Tim would make the best Batman ever too

vocaroo.com/i/s1gJFL7G9EuU

Get the fuck out of my Nova thread.

KEK

Loeb tried to force his shitty OC down our throats, no one liked it and it soiled the Nova brand.
Blame Loeb.

Nova brand had been shitty forever
he was only somewhat interesting when he tried to kill himself
fuck off with those Sphinx stories
Speedball should of got a solo series instead out of all those stupid New Warriors

But Speedball was ruined by Penance.

you mean made more fun

Green Lantern poisoned the well.

>WHY DON'T THEY FORCE MUH NOVA INTO A GOTG MOVIE

Shut up.

>having a dozen Green Lanterns is okay
no problemo is too much
>two Novas, actually written well with distinct personalities
Kill SAM, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dickfans are cancer

But Marvel forced the "There can only be one" mentality first.
If they want to act like that, what's wrong with keeping the one who wasn't met with nothing but push back?

he finally grew up after decades of fucking around and had an epic finale
they even brought him back
I don't see any reason people have to complain besides he wasn't in stories for a few years, better than having to suffer through Larsen's crap writing or Nicieza half assing stories
its the Nova Corps
maybe if there were more of them in general they'd have a better chance of actually getting some good stories?

they are pushing him back for that shitty lesbian carol

vocaroo.com/i/s0XMohnMlZsT

Rich's finale was made completely pointless very quickly. There was no reason to keep him dead other than for Sam. If the other 2 stayed dead as well, maybe Sam would have had better reception
One of the biggest reasons it sucks is because over the past 5 years Sam has driven any popularity Rich built up for himself into the ground.
Nova works better operating as a Lone Ranger rather than an entire military force, so keeping as few as possible is a right move.

>Nova works better operating as a Lone Ranger rather than an entire military force

like there aren't enough fucking lone rangers in cosmic already

It's all about being a power house.

like there aren't enough of those in cosmic already

you're the worst type of comic fan

His name is seriously Dick Rider?

Would rather have a New Warriors show to introduce Nova, then toss him in a few mashup flicks followed by a solo movie.

Whatever happened to that New Warriors show they were talking about?
I assume they canceled the project.

Two words:

Dick Rider

No clue, but with two or three non whites on the original team, diversity wouldn't be a problem in regards to critic's reviews. I have a feeling Runaways is going to get shit on because of Alex's betrayal, and when that happens team shows would end up on the backburner.

Who needs dick rider when you have yaas queen?

>Even after years of being tarnished by Sam, Rich still sells slightly better than the Yaas Queen

His name is Richard. His nickname is Rich, but everyone on Sup Forums likes to make the Dick Rider joke.

That makes him good though

That expands farther than Sup Forums

I genuinely can't hate James Gunn after he said he pitched a Moon Knight movie to marvel

They can't make him gay or black, and no one will go see a Mexican Nova

I'm still holding out.

We have the Nova Corps, sure we haven't seen them flyign around yet but xandar is still whole and we haven't seen what nova prime could really do so its certainly possible. They just need a few seeds planted hopefully in next gotg.

Marvel, unlike DC, really thinks long term. Look at what they have planned since like iron man 1. Sure stuff changes but for real, they had a path. Rich is someone they can save pretty much indefinitly as long as they dont write off the nova corps without introducing nova powers really.
This is a character I'm sure they are keeping in their back pocket for the future as he could carry his own movie and at least be a future 'gotg' new white male lead.

Also the possibilties with sam, I wouldn't mind sam if he was done well.

The only thing Gunn has said about Novas in gotg 2 is Stallone will be one of them.
In the back of my mind, I'm expecting Stallone to be Rich so they can make him old and retired.

What if theire plan B for phase 5 and beyond, like if for some reasons actors are too old or something, is to bring together new warriors. Potentioally 3 movies bringing them together, justice speedball nova firestar and maybe cloak and dagger, i heard they were already trying to get C&D off.

New warriors 1 vs da sphinx, post that xandar blows up we get nova prime in space war, rocket and groot cgi so maybe they will stay around and we can get bug and jack flag or someone like darkhawk.

Back on earth avengers going strong with spidey strange a new hulk probably justice and need some women i suppose probably have kamala around now

civil war v2 when speedball blows up kids

Plus it gives Quill time to grow into a mentor figure for Rich.

it would be okay

Enjoy your (you) becuase I'm sure you spend at least 5mins on this.

They had the Nova Corps in GotG already.

The thread is about Rich and the unlikeliness of him being in the MCU

>Quill time to grow into a mentor figure
You know for a fact this is never going to happen. They have a comedy actor playing him.

The only one I can see mentoring him is Gamora, which would allow a romance to grow between them.
None of them would have anything to teach him, though.

Still in development. Rumor is that it's being shaped to star Kamala and Squirrel Girl, since they're hot right now but can't sustain solo shows or headline a movie.

When did Gunn say Stallone is gonna be a Nova? And would he just be a regular beat cop with a space ship kinda Nova? They don't seem to have any powers in the MCU.

Add Justice and count me in.

>he finally grew up after decades of fucking around and had an epic finale
I normally would agree since I'm a big fan of characters staying dead, or having a proper final to their arc, but Thanos coming back turned his death from epic to completely pointless, so i'm okay with him coming back,

Don't tell me you can't see an older Pratt sporting shaggy hair, a cyborg eye, and a surly disposition. Giffen Quill was still a smartass, he just wasn't a naive goof.

I won't fool myself into thinking it will happen but it's a natural choice if they want him to come back down the line, IE for a Nova movie.

and I'm cool with him coming back just have like the craziest disdain for Dickfans who complains about Sam's existence or lack of Richard in general
holy hell, my favorite character growing up was Wonder Man, you guys don't know suffering

We're all forgetting the best Nova.

RiRi?

Anwen and her Infinity Gauntlet powered Nova team.

They should just forget Sam and bring in Anwen.

And her Nova family, including Zigzag, the Nova Dog.

The problem with that is, because they established what the Corps are in the MCU, Dick wouldn't be anything like the comics, he'd be a guy with a space fighter.