It's shit

It's shit.

streamable.com/cmctg

This is completely inexcusable and every second you wasted on this trash could be spent watching a Donnie Yen movie or Drunken Master

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmqxVWRdEyo
youtube.com/watch?v=UZF_zEJQHIE
mcuexchange.com/mike-colter-describes-his-initial-concern-with-playing-luke-cage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>watching a Donnie Yen movie or Drunken Master

fuck off Sup Forums

I only care about superheroes

Don't forget the Shaw Bros. collection is also on Netflix.

So on top of the show being EXTREMELY boring, the fight scenes are shit?

What the fuck happened?!

Maybe i'm just crazy, but i'm halfway in and I'm enjoying it so far. It's pretty fun. Not the best, but better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Hiring people that don't give a shit about the production or source material. Why else would you put the guy who ruined Dexter in charge?

Well it's not like they had the budget of a fucking Matrix movie

The Raid had a shit budget, and that film was awesome.

>called this show shit right out the gate
>got called a SJW faggot
>calmly stated the reasons why I thought it would be shit
>not a single one was because of "whitewashing"
>still get called a SJW faggot
>get shitposted so hard I develop PTSD
>tfw when I was right
>I WAS RIGHT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

He does capeshit comic adaptations, too

youtube.com/watch?v=UmqxVWRdEyo

I think ultimately it's because no one involved actually had any interest in Iron Fist. With something like Luke Cage where they clearly had an understanding of the character, his roots, and what story they wanted to tell with him. With Iron Fist it's like they found out about Iron Fist yesterday and were too embarrassed to actually try.

It is weird why the critics moaned loudly about a white protagonist when the series has way too many apparent flaws. I dropped after sleeping by the end of episode 1. What a boring set up.

>make martial arts series
>all the fight scenes are shit

what did they mean by this?

Kung Fu Hustle is better than all that. Does fist power better too. Better villain also. Fuck just remembering Kung Fu Hustle just makes me more upset at how bad Iron Fist is.

>We will never get an Iron Fist series directed by Stephen Chow

Just fucking kill me now Buddha.

Better waifus too,

Fuck this shit show. We got Into The Badlands season 2 starting tonight.

So that's, what, five cuts for a single swing of a knife?

Did the motherfuckers behind the "Taken" series direct this shitfest?

The "moaning" was done well before the show dropped, and it was done because the main character being another rich white guy was both (A) played out like goddamn, even within the MCU, and (B) the idea of giving "legendary Kung-Fu Master" status to another white guy was problematic in and of itself.

As numerous cultural commentators have said, making Iron Fist at least an Asian-American character might have made the whole "super-successful businessman" angle more interesting, as it would have been an inversion of the "fish out of water" idea. It also would have helped the show avoid some of the culturally insensitive bullshit that defined the original "Iron Fist" comics.

Instead, we get to hear Finn Jones bitch about how this show was "for the fans" (read: for people with low standards) and how everything else is to blame for his show's bad reviews - except for, you know, his show sucking more ass than a gay man during Fleet Week.

I'm an IF fan and this show was boring as shit. It's amazing they managed to make it so boring and feel like a asylum movie.

the great thing about martial arts is you don't need special effects if the people know what they are doing

there is such a surpluss of white martial artist actors out there, there's no excuse to use some skinny twink
youtube.com/watch?v=UZF_zEJQHIE

Fucking, lead actor hated Power Man's roots.

Well he acted professionally then and did his job of playing the character with roots provided to him by the director and writers. Good for him.

>Well he acted professionally then
Jesus, at least when you shit on Iron Fist, make something I can actually believe to.

Huh? Didn't say anything about Iron Fist?

The fact that they didn't get Donnie Yen to do the fight choreography for the show is the BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

>As numerous cultural commentators have said
Nobody cares beyond this point.

Yeah, but you said this hilarious joke that Colter was any good.

Good at what? Good at not forcing writers to change the script of the show? Yes, I suppose he did a good job at not changing the entire shows plot. Is English not your native tongue or are you retarded?

He actually specifically fucking said that this is how he plays Luke and if they want him to play differently, he'll leave.

mcuexchange.com/mike-colter-describes-his-initial-concern-with-playing-luke-cage/

Oh I see. You're one of "those." Nevermind, I'm done bothering with you.

so basically he just thought luke cage would be some big meat headed nigger punching people because he couldn't be assed to do any research on the topic

I like JJ and LC more than Iron Fist because they had better themes and atmosphere. IF had very little in the way of atmosphere and the action was 75% trash with maybe 5 decent fights, 2 of them in that first episode when he challenges the Hand.

How the fuck is this bait?

If your martial arts show has shitty action then it's trash. End of discussion.

>This entire post

Are you illiterate?
>I was so against it,I revisit the feeling I had, that first initial look at the character, trying to figure out the research and the character, who this is guy this, and I’m like, ‘I don’t want any part of this.’
>And also, I didn’t know how the character would be written
> I just thought, ‘What could I do with this?’
>The idea of the character made me cringe.
He researched Power Man, literally cringed at the character and had doubts about the way he will be written in the show.

decent idea

personally im binging kurosawa movies to keep me happy inbetween jack episodes

They had more budget than Power Rangers ever did and still couldn't deliver quality fight scenes.

so is this the tread in witch all the shils are gona pretend the other 4 treads of people preasing te show didnt happend? or are you just gona pretend that the fact that a small number of people dont like the show makes you rigth?

Its a series where Danny curbstomping ninjas and whatever is fine. But the problem is that when you make a series like that, you forget that the final battle against experienced Hand ninjas is suppose to be a low end Wuxia fight.

best part of the show along with Ward

By Ward do you mean bestboy sociopath Ward? Was he in it?

There's another sociopath Ward in this show, he's also best boy.

Did you not watch Luke Cage? If you had, it would have been obvious that what you expected was never going to happen.

Shhh, don't point out hypocrisy to the haters.

I don't think any of the Netflix shows besides Daredevil are any good, but I don't see how Iron Fist stands out as particularly bad, I finished it faster than Luke Cage

Yeah, well I enjoyed Luke Cage much more then Iron Fist...

Well martial arts is a big part of Iron Fist so when you fail at the key aspect your show falls apart.

I didn't think they failed at it, I found it quite enjoyable and drunken master fight or elevator fight were pretty fun. I also liked that Danny actually used his Iron Fist quite frequently.

I hope Marvel won't back down from renewing Iron Fist for second season, but all this justified criticism will be even more of an incentive to show that they can improve with second season.

How faithful was this show to the comics? Never read Iron Fist or Luke Cage, so I only see them in crossovers and big events

None of the Netflix shows are particularly faithful to the comics Iron Fist suffers a lot from telling us and not showing, we hear names like K'un-Lun, Lei Kung the Thunderer, Shou Lao the Undying, we don't see much of it, the most irritating one is Bride of Nine Spiders, actress, costume, fight, all was good, except she's just a cosplayer with spider fetish, not Immortal Weapon

if I download this, will be just to watch Madame Gao, I saw the hallway fight on and looks like shit

why would he cringe at an intelligent charismatic man trying to clean up his community?

Because Luke Cage is more like a loud nigga who tresspassed on Latveria's soil to get 200 bucks Doom owes him.

i can't believe they didn't hire some director known for kungfu flicks/tv for iron fist...

season 1 was like a modernized version of his original arc

but done in reverse

Of course it wasn't as mystical as the comics, they don't show anything but they at least name dropped a lot, like what said. I honestly got more than I expected, given how the Netflix shows don't seem to want to be too "comic-like," so I was satisfied. More flashbacks of Danny actually training would have been nice though.

Martial arts in the show is fine. Better than the other Netflix shows.

It doesn't have the long uncut showstopper sequences that DD had, but that's their schtick.

Classic Luke Cage is full on racist stereotype

>BvS get roasted by critics
>"but it's KINO!"
>Iron Fist gets roasted
>"it's shit"

Now I wanna get into the comics from the beginning, did anyone do a storytime recently or do I need to search for collections to buy?

These console wars nerds want vengeance. but they don't realize none of this shit matters n they're all REALLY gay.

Need the source of this.

If you were disappointed in this show you should go watch 36th Chamber of Shaolin, which is also on Netflix.

The story is pretty much the same as Iron Fist's origin and the fights are top notch.

If you want to start from the very beginning, read this. It starts with the Marvel Premiere run where Iron Fist debuted, which is his origin story. Then it goes on to Iron Fist #1 and continues from there. For what it's worth, it was the first Iron Fist stuff I read, and I really loved it.

How is Luke Cage a racist stereotype?

CLASSIC Luke Cage, not current
OG Luke is full on Blacksploitation era, loudmouth funky dressing 70s dude, just like Misty is literally Pam Grier

I can see why Mike Coulter hates it, since he's a quiet dude

>
>
>Don't forget the Shaw Bros. collection is also on Netflix.

Thank you for this information.

Yeah, but how is that racist or a stereotype?
Blackspoitation is a stupid term. Creating heroes and characters that black people like to see in film isn't exploiting them, it's just pandering to an audience.

Are you autistic? Marveldrones are in denial and calling this show good (and I say this as a MCUfag that liked Daredevil). It's fucking sad and pathetic people can watch this boring ass shit and actually call it good or even great. Hell, if this was a DC show, we'd be having billions of threads by people calling it shit with meme head headlines.

But because Feminist Cucks decided the main problem was Iron Fists race over putting the guy responsible for dexter's last three seasons we have people defending a shitty product because "TAKE THAT ANITA!"

It's a reverse Sony's Vagina Ghostbusters. They are tricking people into defending it against the SJW bogeymen.

why is harry osborn in this show?

Danny Rand IS... The Fister. Dun dun dunnn.

>BvS gets roasted by the critics
>"kek DC is FINISHED"
>Iron Fist gets roasted
>"but the SJWS!"
See? I can do it too.

Oh fuck off.

Into the Badlands, Banshee, Daredevil, fucking Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had better fight scenes that this shit.

> watching television for well choreographed fights
>TELEVISION

wtf? I hate iron fist now

Netflix has 10 minute webisodes of Korean highschoolers bullying eachother with better fights than this bullshit.

Dragon Tiger Gate, adapted from the comic Oriental Heroes

so, im on episode 7 right now, and when does it start gettign bad?