JSA Storytime: Manhunter

Good evening owls,

it's time

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/18/peter-parkermary-jane-watson-marriage-will-never-ever-return-infinity-says-dan-slott/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hello. RIP Bernie Wrightson. Slott having a meltdown on CBR lol.

that's a bit of a spine bend

Shit how is it this late already

Manhunter #25
The solo adventures of Kate Spencer come to a stunning conclusion-but her new life as a dark hero has only just begun! Final issue.

Thank you Didio

F

also, christ, Slott, that's really a panic meltdown, jeeeeeeesus

RIP Bernie Wrightson

From a thread where I was called Slott for asking

>I have no idea what the fuck people are talking about with this breakdown

>It's so weird how Sup Forums stretches and distorts stuff instead of just saying they think dude makes shitty comics and dislike him bc of that

Wasn't there another creator meltdown on CBR recently?

Yes, from here on out we are purely here by the Grace of the DiDio

Hello, Storyteller.

We know return to Single Female Lawyer, starring Kaye Spencer, with special guest star Diana of Themyscira.

And oh joy, it's yet another damn crossover. Let's hope this one is at least not intolerably painful.

>also, christ, Slott, that's really a panic meltdown, jeeeeeeesus
it felt like it started veering into conspiracy theory territory at points with the

I know Slott's gone on rants before but this was excessive even for him, jeez

Yeah it was another Marvel guy. Maybe the Wasp one? Can't remember exactly.

So, basically? This is the best of all possible worlds actual engagement with "Diana kills Max Lord".

LLOGTFO

I feel the need to repost this

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

>“Do you see me worried? I’m not worried,” whispers “Amazing Spider-Man” writer Dan Slott. “This is not my first rodeo. By the end of the afternoon, it won’t be Peter Parker.”

Also, I'm kind of drunk

It's St. Patrick's day, and you're a well known lover of fine booze. We'd be surprised if you weren't.

>"fine" booze

I'm not going to call OP an alcoholic, user, not after she's taking the time to post good comics for us.

I think it was the Mosaic guy arguing with someone

>hating on Art Adams
I knew you were a faggot

is this /d/?

Hey, I call them as I see them regardless of artistic legend status

Since you're all alcoholics here...
>Muh gf is likely breaking up with me
Recommend me a drink.

I *really* like the way Wondy's hair is drawn here. Its a good compromise between the overly curly hair of the 90s and the more traditional straight hair.

FML I cannot ignore that Marston /d/ is my kinda /d/.

what do you like in general?

I am mostly puzzled by what exactly Slott was trying to accomplish with that meltdown.

I'm eternally out of the loop on writers going crazy on the internet. Did something happen recently?

Trying to look cool like when EVS went after Desh?

I pretty much only drink whisky and vodka nowadays. If you're gonna get wrecked remember to take precautions against doing something really stupid e.g. maybe you don't need to have your phone around.

whatever's closest

The more I think about it, the more it's that it's not that he's trying to be manipulative, it's that it lays bare the real Slott--the desperately clinging manchild who knows that corporate could fuck him at any time, but is trying to fortify himself against the essential exigency of his life's work.

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/18/peter-parkermary-jane-watson-marriage-will-never-ever-return-infinity-says-dan-slott/

Man, Bernie Wrightson... it's funny how I didn't notice it until it was too late, but he really did influence the way I draw grotesque, scary stuff.

The Cult changed my life, man. And only because of the art.

Eh, more /u/ than /d/.

Oh come on! Now you're rec-fagging for booze? Goddammit.

That Trumpkin piece of shit will never be "cool".

>what do you like in general?
European beers which are available in non-Europe.

I'm good when it comes to phone control, and this is more about me promising myself a future catharsis over the coming days, as opposed to one big binge when things feel the worst.

>Oh come on! Now you're rec-fagging for booze?
Yes.

Gotta hand it to Kate: she handled getting Marston'd up really well.

yeah but he bullied that Johnfag pretty well

Hey Sup Forums, I'm new to all this Can any of you recommend me ways to bother cranky?

Of course he did, he's no better than a Neo-Nazi.

Thanks for the bleeding cool link about Slott (that's what I was fishing for with the repost!!)

Way to make him sound sympathic. Cant get too invested in corporate comics, Slott should know by now the thing is Faustian af

YES, stash your phone, and put a bottle of water nearby.

Damn OP you go hard when you want to. I bet he just shuddered somewhere.

Hey there OP. Currently watching Iron Fist. On episode 2 and already disappointed Danny isn't just meditating through the drugs, like that time Colleenter cured herself of heroin addiction that one time with second hand Iron Fist chi.

Will come in more fully after this episode.

Confirmed for cape /d/om.

You don't need to try. Eventually something you do will regardless.

FabNic is writing something for that Secret Empire anthology book. Also saw him make a dig at what writers after him did to Zemo.

Hmmm. Okay, my favorite German beers that you can probably get are

1) Fransiskaner
2) Köstritzer
3) Jever

LOL TY user

really? he did that one a long time ago, but if he's WRITING...

From what I've noticed:
-ask for recommendations
-praise intercompany crossovers
-praise non-Big Two comics
-praise Catwoman
-generally be a well adjusted person

don't forget liking Supergirl, talking about sex ever, or knowing who Mike Allred is

I think he's the JL Action sidekicks guy too

Reminder Cranky would be at least 50:50 on fucking a robot.

>@FabianNicieza I loved BORN BETTER a lot and it sucks they took that character development & just went in an extreme 180.
>@JonHexLives never underestimate the ability of a writer to fuck up the hard work of the writer(s) that came before them. we all do it.

Cranky, you're a goddamn Sup Forums institution

BTW, I am drunk *and* listening to Harmonielehre again, which is why I'm distracted

of course, robots wouldn't be asking him for comic recs during

..............yeaaaah....

oh MAN, that's cold. And true.

Ha! I like how he can be self-deprecating while shitting on others.

kek

Even if Secret Empire turns out to be a shitshow I'll still love that Spencer gave us that page of straight up shade on the last 10 years of Zemo.

wow, that's not a subtle dig at all

I love it

It's clever too as CYA insurance.

Oh go fuck yourself. The blatant hypocrisy on display here is just disgusting.

You people go absolutely APE SHIT over the "mansplaining" bit, but the "sidekicks" line, that's just fine because you retards are too busy jerking off to Diana's hair. Fuck you.

I just can't deal with Chase x Dylan.

I have a feeling that if FabNic ever got his hands on Zemo again he'd non-stop shit on Brubaker and pull a Xorneto-like retcon with Helmut within three issues.

luv u too

That's some Real Fucking Talk.

Aw fuck, this dude.

LOL SCIENTOLOGY

LOL

I love it because it's so not right, really

SPEAKING OF, I was reminded today that has anyone every drawn Quentin Quire and made him WORK like Quitely?

Yeah same. Shes so far out of his league in every way possible. Hes just an annoying henchie who gets to bang a mega hottie? He doesn't even have a great personality to compensate

I love jerking it to WW's hair and you can't stop meeeee

Like, seriously, Cameron Chase's Life Story is "fucks up", so banging Dylan is 10000% in line with that.

Sorry for the image, but I've been waiting for the chance to make this joke.

and to the five of you who care, I'll be back with Parkerbolts tomorrow

If you wanna look with a little bit of irony, it can kind of be a send-up of the "annoying comic relief gets laid" in general because Dylan is shown as just as unpleasant as he really is. But honestly everyone in this comic is a little bit extra flirty so I wouldn't be confident in that reading.

I'm convinced Morrison wrote Quire as a satirical character and idiots like Aaron took the satire at face value because, well, they're idiots.

I'm largely down with that reading too

Quitely draws him as simultaneously this annoying adolescent shitbag AND actually threatening, and it's a very difficult balance to pull off.

Nice arms from the ladies.

bitches don't skip arms day

That's what I thought was the point when I read New X-Men for the first time.

Okay, so I'm just gonna say it. Andreyko writes a solid Diana.

And I am forced to give this crossover faint praise for having the "they fight" part be a simple training exercise. But you don't get a fuckin' medal for avoiding cliches.

although DESU building arms as a grill is a fucking pain, you do all this work and for what

Silly Manhunter, this isn't the Marvel Universe.

I recently reread some of the JLA/Avengers crossover, and LOVE that Cap immediately decided that the Justice League were a bunch of fascist overlords because people actually like their heroes over there

oh Dylan

There are some other Brit artists who draw kinda distorted/grotesque characters by default that I'd like to see take on X-Men, and Quire by extension. Who will probably never work on US stuff, so eh.

I wonder if anyone would have ever hated Slott if he had never gotten Spider-Man.

I can totally see that

>All of Themyscira's assets have been frozen
Man that is a comic in and of itself and I'm not even making a shitty pervy joke.

>Last panel
>"I need an adult..."

Reading this page I'd totally be down for a secret justice league filled with certain superheroes who hunt down unapologetic murderous villains who somehow always manage to get away with it. It sorta almost happened in the JSA with Black Adam but that went nowhere.

I'm not sure who else would be in the team though, I feel like every hero willing to take a life was subtly taken out of existence.

>Chaykinface

THIS is the arc I've been waiting for. I'm so curious how they're going to handle all this. I've been reading lots of post-IC Wondie appearances lately trying to really get a sense of where they were going with the Wondie of Murder thing before they just dropped it.

Peacekeeper

Oh man, I'm kind of tanked

Did you privately read that weird Jodi run? What did you think of it?

R E T R O
S T O R Y T I M E

BTW, we're off until Friday because my work schedule is brutal

I'm not quite sure what to do with respect to it?

well, nothing will beat what got me into storytiming

I was a real mess then

Considering all the fangirling, I choose to believe that gratuitous close up of Diana's lips is meant to be from Kate's point of view.

And again, I gotta give it to Andreyko, Diana's firmly on point in this.

I actually used to use storytimes as an excuse to drink before I was posting as a namefag.

Something very relaxing about chilling, reading a comic, shooting the shit with the readers and downing a glass of scotch or ten.

I stopped because it was getting a bit too excessive.