What is next step in his master plan after Samurai Jack?

What is next step in his master plan after Samurai Jack?
Its almost granted that AS will want a new show from him. What do you think this madman would come up with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok
youtube.com/watch?v=DH728dbn21g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He'll bring back Symbionic Titan except without executive meddling.

go back to being a slave for Sony

>bring back Symbionic Titan
It won't happen.
It doesn't have such fan-base like Jack and isn't nearly as good. Genndy should focus on something new and packed with action.

Hopefully a show about some weird, zany characters with large doses of artistic orgasms, violence, psychological torture, and a sprinkling of deep life lessons tossed in for good measure.

Or a spin-off about the life/times of the Scotsman.

honestly I'm worried. he was never that great, he just worked with some great people and they worked great together
maybe i'm worrying about nothing, but after what happened to mccracken... good god he sank pretty low after PPG

wander over yonder was p good

It won't happen because it legally can't happen

remember that SJ has had nearly 15 years to refine an ending. other stuff isnt guaranteed to be as tightly put together.

That's because Lord Hater was a Disney-fied version of Aku.

In the DISTANT future, I: AI, Data-shifting master released an UNSPEAKABLE evil, but one FOOLISH cyber-warrior stepped forth to oppose me. With his magic hacking skills I was defeated, but before the final keystroke was pressed, I tore open a portal to the past, where his hacking skills are useless.

Now the fool seeks to change the past and undo the evil that is AI

If SBT does ever come back I'm going to make a thread just for laughing at posters like you. I'll even be one of those petty fucks that goes though the archives and makes a collage of your posts.

Hard to say, but he explicitly said that after how SJ S5 went, he wants to work with Adult Swim again.

I can think of one reason why.

Work for Rebecca Sugar again

Watching Samurai Jack really shines a light on how bad every other cartoon out right now is. I hope he does more and his stuff gives other animators a kick in the ass to step it up.

>Talented person surrounds himself with talented people
>Makes four great shows
>Fellow talented person surrounds himself with talented people
>Makes two out of three good shows

WOW

WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ODDS?

I thought he was permanently Sony Animation's butt slave. Did something happen?

>honestly I'm worried. he was never that great, he just worked with some great people and they worked great together

What's uh, what's your criteria?

I am trying to understand how you are even making this judgement and I'm failing.

Aku and Blossom sitcom

He left because they dropped his Popeye pitch in favor of the Emoji movie

He should do a comedy show for kids

Make a series about the scotsman.

youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok

No. He had a four picture option.

The deal was that he would make three pictures for them, and then if optioned for a fourth it could be whatever he wanted.

He wanted to make Pop-Eye. They made test footage of it, and hired the VA's.

Sony shit the bed repeatedly in the financial department, canned the film, paid Genndy for the fourth movie and let him go on his way.

You mean Dexter's Lab?

Well, at least they paid him, I guess.

I mean a new show that succeeds the same way.

We really need another WHAT A CARTOON! Anthology...

Hotel Transylvania 3

Sony Pictures is the shittiest movie studio by far.

Them getting the rights to Spiderman was a mistake.

Damn that's a motherfucker. Maybe he can shop that idea to other studios then.

Well, he did admit that he's interested in working with Adult Swim to create future projects.

If he does, I'm just hoping it's not another fucking low-budget, poorly animated, slice-of-life comedy that has to rely on pop-culture references and plebeian, derrogative humor for easy laughs. Seriously, America's had enough of those already. Give me something serious that's action or drama-oriented; Genndy pulls that kind of stuff of well.

I'm still expecting him or his son to show up eventually this season.

>he was never that great

Just give him tons of money and plenty of lackeys to train.

A new generation of classically trained action animators to be released on the market and start a new golden age of animation.

>DUNT TAHK TER ME 'ER ME SON EVER AGAIN, YA BATHROBE-WEARIN', TOOTHPICK-SWINGIN', PTSD-HAVIN', BASKET-HEADED, WEE TINY LITTEL MAAAN!

I love how some of the insults were actually in Gaelic.

Didn't notice until now.

good news
youtube.com/watch?v=DH728dbn21g

>age of nostalgia/reboots/revivlas (Crash Bandicoot, Samurai Jack, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Star Wars...)
>approves a fucking movie about emojis over goddamned Popeye

WHAT THE FUCK?

>isn't nearly as good

Sony is retarded nothing new.

Hopefully dying like the AKU voice actor or the spongebob creator
Rehashing dead shows is a cancer
They should be creating new ones

We need more action cartoons so I hope so.

I love anime but I wish Toonami was half action cartoons half anime again, not 100% anime.

SBT was mediocare.
Later in the season it became good but it can't be compared to Jack quality.

Notably, when asked point blank if Jack was done for good after this, he was hesitant to give an answer, concluding 'never say never in Hollywood.'

I don't think he's done with action-driven stuff.

I actually think SBT pretty clearly had potential to be even better than SJ. The first season alone was a high point for Western animation and I'm 100% serious. In a lot of ways, it's even better than Jack. The swordfight in that one flashback episode was actually better than most of the fights in SJ and that's just one example.

Government owns it, pretty hard to get it back

>sony was so scared of a popeye movie that they just paid genndy off and told him to fuck off

sheesh

Was this the one time where Shad did something good?

What can I say, every SONY employee needs to be gassed

Third Reich it in hollywood

what kind of ratings does SJ need to achieve to inspire more adult animated cartoons late night?

>master plan
Dexter's Lab was just him doing whatever the fuck he wants
Samurai Jack was just him doing whatever the fuck he wants
Clone Wars happened by accident when George Lucas called up Genndy and said his kids love Samurai Jack
Sym-Bionic Titan WAS actually part of his master-plan and it sucked
Hotel Transylvania fell in his lap after FIVE OTHER directors tried to salvage it
Hotel Transylvania 2: The Quest for More Money
Hotel Transylvania 3: The Quest for Even More Money
Samurai Jack season 5: part of the master plan, but also fell in his lap very fortuitously

So out of seven major works, only two were part of a "master plan". His real talent is his clear vision and work ethic; he pulled Hotel Transylvania out of the gutter and made it super-profitable. He took Star Wars which was sucking severely at the time and made something amazing. But these weren't part of some plan, they were opportunities to prove his mettle.

Adult swim not SJ.

Ratings don't really matter, merch and digital sales matter. To a far lesser extent, awards and prestige matter too.

Apparently the yardstick is "does this show make more than double its budget?"

The budget is probably half that of an independent animated feature film, I'd guess between 1 and 3 million dollars per episode.

>Ratings don't really matter, merch and digital sales matter

What about DVD/BD sales? I'd buy the whole SJ series if it includes s5 in the future.

Whatever happened to that Imagination movie he was developing?

I'd love to see Sugar's next series working with actually competent crew members and tempered concept wise by older, wiser directors as producers and free to air with whatever the fuck she wants on Adult Swim.

It'd probably be some weird dark ugly artsy lesbian fever dream and I'd watch every second of it.

Dexter.

Source?

Whatever it is, it has to be something action oriented. Genndy excels in that front.

I'm going to remind you that this happened.