Are any of the American Horror Story seasons worth a watch?

Are any of the American Horror Story seasons worth a watch?

Give me your input

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d0GS1xOutQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no not really

They all kinda forget what they want to be half way through.
Season 1 is worth a watch.
Season 2 is fun.
Season 3 is trash.
Season 4 I didn't even bother to watch because of how bad 3 was.
Season 5 is good, don't believe what people say.
Season 6 is bad.
Season 7 I didn't watch.

Yes

First and second-absolutely, and they're both quite different so if you don't like one you may like the other. Generally all other seasons NO. The slight exception being imo the latest one about the election-it's kind of fun in parts, not nearly as bad as all the other recent ones.

haunted house=asylum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>election>dogshit>freakshow>hotel>>>>>>>>coven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>roanoke

I've only watched 1 2 and 3. Dropped 1, 2 shocked me with how good it was, 3 was some of the worst television I've ever sat through.

I watched the first two and enjoyed them immensely. The third season wasn't great, but I still watched it all. The fourth was terrible and I quit after I finished that. There was no way in hell I was going to watch some washed up pop star in season five. Haven't watched it since.

Be happy you didn't sit through 4, for how fucking boring 3 was, I didn't fall asleep during every single episode like I did with 4. I refuse to watch anymore seasons.

So rude user

1 (Murder House) and 2 (Asylum) are the only seasons worth watching. 1 is basically a haunted house movie, it has engaging mysteries and it's fun trying to figure out how all the characters connect, although it's a bit messy and clear that Murphy did not plan it out from the beginning, he was just making shit up as he went along.

2 is kino. They take shitloads of horror movie tropes (serial killers, devil possession, zombie mutants, homicidal Santa Claus, Nazi experiments, aliens, etc) are try to form a story with them. It's incredibly bloated with too many storylines, too many villains, it get's convoluted as hell and that's the charm. The appeal is getting to see all these overused horror movie tropes clash and interact with each other, although there are some clear missed opportunities like the devil and the aliens never once interact for some kind of showdown. Again, it becomes very fucking clear Murphy had no kind of endgame in mind and was making shit up as he went along, several of the storylines go absolutely fucking nowhere and end in retarded pointless ways, but the pure entertainment value and absurdity of 2 makes it great.

Season 3 onwards ditches horror movie tropes in exchange for teeny bopper soap operas with boring, uninteresting characters and drama for teenage girls. There's a reason the viewership for this show increased exponentially with season three. Because they stopped catering towards horror movie fans and changed it into a soap opera for teenage girls. It briefly became a horror show again in season 6 but it was fucking boring and uninteresting.

tl;dr
Watch 1 and 2, never touch the show again.

Season 1: I liked it quite a lot. Interesting story line and characters.

Season 2: Very interesting story line and characters, however, kind of a clusterfuck with many different elements that don't always quite fit too well together, in my opinion. Still enjoyed it a lot.

Season 3: Hated it. Garbage, basically 90% bitch fights between women and some macabre magic thrown in the mix.

Season 4: Liked it, some interesting characters, but also some very annoying ones. A bit slow at times.

Season 5: Liked it because I am very fond of True Crime and this season was full of serial killer references. Even Lady Gaga was pretty good.

Season 6: It's okay, if you like mockumentary format. Otherwise don't even try. It's basically Inceptions level of Show in a show in a show... I enjoyed it though. It was wrapped up well, all in all.

Season 7: Extremely ridiculous, but in a very fun way. If you don't take it too seriously it's very entertaining. Makes fun of both political sides a lot. Sup Forums references. I enjoyed it, but the ending was very disappointing in my opinion.

This is perfect, are you me?

good take on 1-2 and 7 is on the money but 4,5,6 fucking sucked

Only watch 3, 4 and 7 for best Emma

2 - Asylum is the best season so far
3 - Coven is good but polarizing

The rest are meh

6 - Roanoke is kinda decent

>season 7: feminism is awesome!

dropped

Murder House is fucking overrated. It was so fucking bland.

>3 - Coven is good
t. soyboy

Season 1 is genuinely brilliant.
Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are okay. 3 has a few tumblr moments but it's nothing unwatchable.
Didn't watch 5 and 6 because Netflix decided to delay their European release for a year for no reason and I had lost interest by then.
I guess 7 is about Trump or something, because even our dumb fun schlocky horror stories have to be about fucking politics now. I didn't watch it.

Murder House and Asylum are both solid.

Hotel is the best season.

Freakshow is a big fat mess but it's worth watching just for Dandy's shenanigans.

Coven is good if you appreciate campy nonsense, otherwise don't bother.

I haven't seen Cult yet.

7 was very fun early on, fine all the way through after that.
But the ending man, has it even ended? i still dont know. It just fizzles out, 11 episodes are a weird number to end on too.

I agree, it was extremely anticlimactic and disappointing. I don't say Kai should've won, but neither should have Ally, especially not in such a retarded and nonsensical manner.

One and Two.

Thats it.

House > Asylum > Cult >>> Roanoke > Coven >>> Freak Show > Hotel

It's all shit, I'm being completely serious. When I watched the first season I actually felt ashamed for the time I wasted. The best thing about this show are the posters.

just watch the first season and the second season the fifth season is ok, the rest are trash or mediocre at best.

House = Ayslum > Cult > Roanoke > Coven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> freak show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hotel

I thought Coven was decent too, certainly more memorable than Freakshow & Hotel which had so much potential but were just a mess.

>Murder House
Yes
>Asylum
Absolutely
>Coven
This seasons has some problems and I can see why people do not like it. I enjoyed it for what it was, it could have been much better but you might want to skip it.
>Freak Show
Trash. Do not even bother.
>Hotel
People will say this season was bad but it had some fun moments. Very sexual and very campy.
>Roanoke
I really liked this season because of how they approached the framing of the stories. There were a few missed opportunities and the season could have been much better.
>Cult
Poked fun at both ends of the political spectrum. I enjoyed this season as well but they should have taken the cult stuff further.

>tfw no pregnant mommy gf with supple mommy mammaries

I couldn't watch any more after season 3. Here are my thoughts:
S1: Rough, but I watched it because of work talk.
S2: This one started out much less badly (Jessica Lange's character was compelling), but took an awful turn somewhere.
S3: Garbage. I think I watched the whole thing, but I can barely remember anything from it.

Are you a teenage girl or a fag? If no to both then don't even bother watching this series.

Coven was at least funny to watch even though it was a shitty overall season.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0GS1xOutQc

1,3 and the season that just aired

I watched all seven seasons. Here's what I can tell you, without all the bullshit.

Do not expect quality. Ever. That show, has always been, pure shlock. Even back in the s1-s2 it was still schlock.

Here's the best explanation of AHS. There's a theme for each season (murder house, asylum, coven etc). Characters are introduced. The plot is introduced. Characters interact with each other. Writers always try to write some drama into them, some "character development" even though all of them are going to die. 99% of the characters die. Rinse and repeat.

That's literally every season. In between character introduction and their death, there is tons of sex, gay/lesbian sex especially because co-creator is gay. Every sick fetish is on this show. Every horror trope is there. And once the writers realize that the ending is coming, they're starting wrap the series, with killing characters.

You can ONLY enjoy this show if you turn off your brain. I'm completely serious. This show is only for people who enjoy pure horror schlock. All style, no substance is the best explanation of AHS.

I miss Jessica Lange, and Cathy Bates was absolutely the best part of season 3.

All shit.

Just watch the ones where Emma Roberts plays a leading role.

only saw the first 3 seasons.
They're meh

About 90% filler

Nah, it's all badly written trash. The actors do their best but the material is laughable.

I've watched the first 6 seaons. No TV so I have to wait for netfucks before I can watch em.

As another user already said its brainless TV. Don't expect anything ground breaking here. The best of the lot for me at least was Coven, and Hotel. Decent enough TV, but temper your expectations. It will be a while before I can watch 7.

What's wrong with your fucking body hair, dude?
You look like a twelve-year old Dutch girl.

>The best of the lot for me at least was Coven, and Hotel.
>doesn't even torrent
Textbook soyboy.

This.
I'm a fag and can confirm.

Stay the fuck away from coven is all I have to say.

Best season coming through

S2 is kino my man

First 2 seasons are the best, 4th is great, others are just bad. Newest one is pathetic with the trump Sup Forums memes

Lol dude why did you watch all 7 seasons then

I rarely drop shows, and I love horror, and this is one of the few horror shows on tv. I can enjoy it the same way I watch The Room or something like that.

Why do people hate freak show, I never understood the hate for that one season. I'm not saying its great or even good but it better than coven and hotel in my eyes

season 2 and 7 are the only great ones.

It was very slow and nothing really happened.

tHE BEST ONES ARE 6/10 AT BEST

This tbqh. First half of it is ok. Second half not so much. I still thought it was better than coven or hotel or the TV show one

t. Soyboy

when did you realize this show was for teenage girls? for me it was during the witch season when there was extended shots of shirtless dudes on screen

Coven was good but that's only because I have a thing for the granny witch. God damn she was sexy as fuck in that.

When I realized literally only teenage girls watch it.

2 is the most kino horror related tv/film i've seen in the decade

Yeah, all of em pretty much