There's literally not a single thread about Adventure Time

>There's literally not a single thread about Adventure Time
I don't get it, what happened? This show is still on for Christ's sake and you people used to love it.
I was looking for this shows sug rocks to download season 6, and I realized that I can't remember the last time I saw an Adventure Time general. I must have been shitposting about Man of Steel around that time.
So what the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JackPendarvis/status/781535915160186880
twitter.com/kentisawesome/status/756183428920283136
twitter.com/samalden/status/641067300309696512
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I don't get it, what happened?

we're one hiatus

It became shit (well, SHITTIER) and most of the fandom has moved on to better things (like Steven Universe)

There have been quite a few adventure time threads recently, but there's not a lot to discuss right now.

>like Steven Universe
thanks, I legitimately laughed out loud.

We were talking about it like crazy during/after Islands. Now we're just sitting around waiting until more new episodes start in June.

we're waiting for it to end. It just ended on a really good arc that explained a lot of things. There's not much to discuss now that things are finally wrapping up.

Yup, I like Steven Universe more but Adventure Time is the better series.

Your correct that the fandom has moved on for the most part.

Your wrong about SU being gud tho

SU was pretty decent in the first season, but now it's terrible.

I would argue 2 was the best, 3 was okay, and 4 is HORRIBLE
1A was whatever and 1B was brity gud

I think the biggest issue is just that it's really fucking old.
It's gonna be 7 years old in a month, that's a real long fucking time man. Even if you still like it (which I do, love the show) most people can't remain interested for that amount of time, after being invested for like 2 or 3 years you stop caring and move on to other things. I believe that's what wiped out the AT fanbase the most, it's just hard to care about something so consistently.

I still like the show and though I'm sad it's ending soon I think it's for the best, been so tremendously long that it's good to go out when some people still care about it.

I'm just glad that the series is wrapping itself up, hopefully they can conclude it tidily. Let it go out with grace, cementing itself as a phenomenal cartoon.

I can respect that. Sworn to the Sword might even be my favourite episode.

This pretty much.

we're on hiatus stupid

1) too much hiatus (could be wrong but it felt like this to me)

2) I hated how Finn started developing as a person and then regressed. I was really hoping AT would finish and Finn would have developed possibly even into a young man. I mean AT was pretty unique in having a protagonist who was aging.

3) could not give a shit about the lore anymore. They revealed way too much and it did not live up to expectations. Finns mom and his origin story (not to mention Gunther and Finn being a god... thing)

Oops didn't finished my though. His parent and origin story kind of fell flat.

>Not liking Min and Marty
Please leave

Also Marcelines vampire origin. And then not letting Finn be with someone. The huntress wizard episode was basically a slap in the face

>Not liking Min and Marty OR Flute Spell
Okay, yeah, you really have to leave now.

i just remember all the art we got over the years
i never watched the show, but i appreciated all the huge tits art that came out of it

season rot. a fundamental inevitability. Some rot quickly, some take a while. But all shows get shitty and everyone stops watching

Keep something too long and it will become Spongebob or the Simpsons, with the small amount of people who still give a fuck about it also bitch about how good it used to be.
Hell this shows pretty much already there, I want it to end so people will remember it fondly.

>what the fuck happened?
Sup Forums hates it now so those of us who like it can't discuss it

you say that, but the times when it has happened, it has only happened because the crew was replaced.

I'm currently watching the show for the first time and am currently on season 6. Hate I didn't get into the show sooner.

That stinks dude, you missed the highlights.
You could dig down archived stuff from when episodes were first airing to help ease the sting a bit, that's what I did with anything I wasn't there for.

>So what the fuck happened?
It has been going on for almost 7 years
AT is stale at this point and I'm glad CN is pulling the plug before it becomes the new Simpsons

>air Islands in January
>it's so good that even people who gave up on the series come back to it
>don't air any more episodes until June
>show Orbs at an event in Australia despite the fact that it directly follows on from Islands, which hasn't aired in Australia yet

I miss when cartoons aired regularly on Sat/Sun.

Fuck Hiatus's, and also fuck nu-programming schedules that Europe started where they do like 3 eps, then take 6 months break in between eps. Literally cancer.

>This show is still on for Christ's sake and you people used to love it.
Yeah and then it got bad. That's what happens when you stop giving a fuck about your show and fall back on "WOAH, IT'S THE SPACE MUFFIN AMULET OF AWESOMENESS/*forced slang*/vague hint at emotional depth or actual plot" for a few years.

The shows quality just nosedived around the time Flame Princess came around. Haven't watched anything of it in years, but I heard Islands was really good so tuned back in. If the quality stays the same as that mini-series, I'll start watching regularly again.

Seriously, you need to catch up on the rest. Trust me. Season 7 was ace.

AT never went bad as a whole. A few episodes pissed people off and they rage quit, but it's been remarkably consistent considering the 7 years it's been on.

Why did Pendleton handle such few episodes? They're always the best by a long shot.

How does production of this work anyway?

>The huntress wizard episode was basically a slap in the face
Go to bed Jake.

The crew works on an episode for like 9 months to a year, then they finish and CN airs them whenever the fuck they feel like.

Probably like 20 episodes are ready to show right now but CN thinks drawing them out gets better views or whatever.

To me, it just started trying to hard to be really deep and "smart". I remember watching holly jolly secrets for the first time and holy fuck i felt some shit, since it was incredibly out of place compared to the other episodes, while having amazing character developments that really made me feel for ice king, and yet now these kind of episodes happen so much that it's just the norm, not to mention now they try to make us empathise and feel deep emotions for characters we barely know, and to me it sometimes feels like watching some art student try and write something deep about their own life, like, it's not terrible stuff, but since i don't know them i don't exactly know their struggles ect. Not to mention, fewer episodes exploring the ridiculousness of their world and it's surroundings kind of turned me off it.

He said he got stressed and didn't like it. He quit the show by season 5.

>The crew works on an episode for like 9 months to a year
Must be a pretty large crew.

There's probably like 30 storyboarders/writers or something like that, then some other people who do stuff like revise boards or design characters or title cards. Then there's the legions of Koreans who do everything else.

His season 8 ones are my favourites so far:

>High Strangeness
>Imaginary Resources

They dropped the ball by introducing her. She added nothing to the show but set the course for Finn's mundane love quest.

Correct. The show's biggest misstep. Best thing to come out of it was Dungeon Train.

>I don't get it, what happened?

CN stopped giving a shit about the show.

No you lost interest, how does the show go stale when you have always have new storyboarders every season? AT is ending on its own terms, CN didn't cancel it, otherwise production on season 9 would have never taken place. When the show runs for 7 years people find new shows to look foward to, the audience got bored, but that isn't the show's fault. Do you honestly believe Steven Universe is going to remain as popular as it is now? Hell I remember during summer when /sug/ went by the threads by the fucking hour. No show is going to remain super popular, not to say it will be forgotten. There haven't been any new Adventure Time threads be because we've been on a hiatus since January

That's bad parenting, mamma.

>Imaginary Resources
The future of mankind

>Finn being a god
When will culturally illiterate faggots realize having a reincarnation is nothing fucking special or rather unique?

I always find it funny that people think Frost and Fire ruined FP when she was always so boring that there was nothing to ruin.

But at any rate I thought the arc with Finn was alright; I disliked it while it was happening but in retrospect seeing Finn fall into that pit of despair and then claw his sorry ass out made him a more well rounded character.

>CN didn't cancel it
Hate to break it to ya, but they did.

twitter.com/JackPendarvis/status/781535915160186880

No they didn't, and who the fuck is he? Literally nobody he doesn't even storyboard episodes. If they cancelled it season 9 would have never continued being produced, because when a show is cancelled production ends. They didn't even finish outlining season 9 episodes when CN announced that AT will end in 2018. Hate to break it to you, but that guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Jack Pendarvis was a writer on AT for several years. They had already ordered the season before it was cancelled, and most of the crew seemed pretty bummed about it ending.

Dude, Pendarvis was one of the somewhat bigger guys on the show, he was a writer and fucking voiced Root Beer Guy, he knows more than you do.

It wasn't so much canceled as it was preemptively ended so the creators had to finish their shit real quick then get out.

Orgalorg happened and I realized this show has no coherent vision, the boarders just do whatever the fuck they want.

Even the worst episodes of SU don't take the characters in a new, random direction.

All he does is make episode outlines, he is not the one that concerns production. Nice authoritarian fallacy btw. If Adventure Time was cancelled production would end, and would have ended months ago, they wouldn't have them start a brand new seadon.
>most of the crew was bummed out
What are they supposed to be, relieved?

The thing I wonder is how many episodes there will be after they knew it was ending. I remember someone (osborne?) saying they had plenty of time to think about the finale, so hopefully it doesn't feel rushed.

>If Adventure Time was cancelled production would end, and would have ended months ago, they wouldn't have them start a brand new seadon.
They already ordered season 9, and then they decided not to renew it for more episodes. It was cancelled. Why are you being so defensive about this?

Considering that it's only like 30 episodes till the end it seems more like they just chopped the last season into 8 and 9 for some reason, they've been doing similar with lots of their shows.

And I don't know what to tell you, I trust Pendarvis more than someone on Sup Forums when it comes to the cartoon he worked on for like 4 years.

I prefer animated shows that are episodic rather than following a rigid plot from episode to episode.

>Even the worst episodes of SU don't take the characters in a new, random direction.
This fucking guy

It took you until season 6 to realise this?

Fucking retard it takes over a year to make an episode cancellation means the show is done, production ends. How else is CN supposed to know when the show will end if they don't ask the AT Team how many episodes are left? If the show was cancelled season 9 would have discontinued production, they hadn't even recorded voices when they announced the ending.

You seem to think that "cancelled" mean "immediate termination".
I can accurately say that you are the fucking retard.

>they probably just chopped up season 8 and 9
Season 8 finished production before they were even renewed for a ninth season, how does this even make any sense?
Authoritarian fallacy not an argument.

>Authoritarian fallacy not an argument.
Not an argument.

You seem to think a show can be cancelled despite episodes still being made.

twitter.com/kentisawesome/status/756183428920283136

Season 9 was announced by Kent in July. Cancellation was announced in September. Get over it, it was cancelled, or more specifically 'not renewed', and it's not a big deal.

Source for that? It seems real fucking weird that they would make a season be 20 episodes long or however long it is when their last three seasons were all over 40 episodes long , seems like there was some behind the scenes shit going on there.

To quoque; fallacy fallacy; my points sti stand

Yes, it very much can be.
Oftentimes, they'll announce that they're cancelled before the start producing more episodes than the company wants, just like in this case and many others.

lern2interweb
twitter.com/samalden/status/641067300309696512
Storyboarding for season 8 began in September 2015. Season 9 wasn't even announced until Summer 2016

No, because you don't cancel a show and still request for more episodes. This is very often confused, the network not renewing a another season is not synonymous with cancellation.

Alright, but that still doesn't fit with how they did the episodes. No reason to go back to the 26 per season thing they haven't done in years.
This doesn't contradict my idea that CN split the season in two so it looked like there was more left of the show, they've been doing things like that with Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa.

>the network not renewing a another season is not synonymous with cancellation.
And why do you think that?
They're the same thing, the show is ending.
After the point set by the company, the show will no longer have episodes being made.

They order the episodes in batches. So yes, not renewing is synonymous with cancellation.

>you don't cancel a show and still request for more episodes.
They didn't. They already ordered them. You don't just halt production when they're already working on the season, that's not how it works.

>this doesn't contradict
This is exactly what it does, they ordered 26 episodes and about a year later ordered more. Splitting a season would be ordering 52 episodes and then cutting the latter half calling it a new season.

It doesn't say in that tweet that they ordered exactly 26 episodes though.

>every show that ends is cancelled
This is your argument, a show can still be cancelled and still have remaining episodes aired, but you aren't even taking into consideration that episode outlines weren't even finished when CN announced the show would end.

I know, it is a number made up to represent the number of episodes ordered for season 8 and 9

So my theory could still be right, I think. Honestly I'm dumb and losing track of the argument here, but I don't see why they would have the seasons intentionally set up like that.

And your argument is "its not cancelled even though someone who works on the show said so".

Though at this point, it's obvious you're stubbornly sticking to whatever point you think you have and I'm done.

The network is literally going downhill; their best shows barely receive 1 million viewers on average. Animation is expensive

I don't even understand what you're trying to say. I'm not saying the show won't get a proper conclusion, they clearly knew that it was ending before they finished production. CN decided part way through production of the final season that they would not renew it for more, why is that hard to understand?

I guess that works. Wonder if that means there will be a sudden ending episode at the end of 8 that looks out of place since the show keeps going a little while longer, like they had to write an ending but keep the show going anyway when they got one more season.

Yes he works on the show, no he is not involved with the show's production, ergo he is not someone you go to for answers. Even John DiMaggio gets things on production wrong, and fucking Olivia Olson didn't even know Stakes was a thing a week before voice recording.

Which is not synonymous with cancellation, they didn't renew it for more because the show is ending.

voice actors never know what the fuck is going on besides what they say into a microphone, suggesting an actual writer is just as clueless is retarded

I wish I could find that tweet by one of the writers that said that they were given plenty of time to think about the finale, implying this wasn't the crew's decision, and all of the evidence thus far points to this. Stop being stubborn.

So what?
What does it matter?
Seriously, honestly, what does a change in terminology affect?

>someone that writes episode outlines is the be-all and end-all of the show's production
My point is you have to take into consideration of what people that work on the show even do.

Having ample time to think about the finale does not mean their decision could not have been mutual, and it can only be mutual or not.

Saying the show is cancelled is spreading misinformation which I will not allow. It does not matter as long as the show gets a proper ending, which is why cancellation is dreaded--the show didn't get to finish. But people are going to use this to say
>hurr AT is shit thats why its cancelled
Which is not the case

Look buddy, I don't want it to be cancelled either, but it very much looks like this was the case.
>It does not matter as long as the show gets a proper ending
Exactly. So don't worry so much. They were given time to plan it out at least.
>>hurr AT is shit thats why its cancelled
So? Who cares, the show will have lasted 8 years, no one can say it wasn't successful.

>not the shitty romance
Don't d

The shitty romance was in like all of 8 episodes out of 230, it takes more than that to obliterate a fanbase like what happened with AT.

>but it very much looks like it is the case
Except it isn't, they hadn't even recorded any voices yet.

>fanbase obliterated
>still have talkbacks for every episode
?????

But it did. Whether it was Frost and Fire, Too Old or whatever is the meme ep people site it's clear a bunch of people dropped off around seasons 5 and 6.

Yes they have ATDrone

I'm not saying it's completely gone but like 50 people hanging out in threads that usually take days to reach bump limit is miles away from the hype out the ass days of 2012 and 2013 man.

That was for a variety of reasons and not just the romance man. My initial reason of the show just going on long enough for people to tire of it is a more likely explanation for the huge loss.