So this guy is Death right

so this guy is Death right

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rude, user. Just because he's a mysterious antler man on a horse doesn't mean he kills people.

Maybe he's one of the nice mysterious antler men

antler man posted this

It's hara kiri

There's some meme going around that he represents suicide

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me but whatever

We'll find out all about him in a month or two

Death, please. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.

He's probably Jack. Don't you remember when jack lost a fight against the guardian back in the day? The ending showed an old jack on a horse.

I'm still thinking he some kinda japanese Wodan analog.

He just looks like he should be leading the Weeb Wyld Hunt.

>Ghost Jack says "You should kill yourself."
>Real Jack looks out a crack in the shell
>Jack sees the ruins and Antlerman appears
>Jack becomes resolute again and says he knows where to go
People are retarded. Ghost Jack represents his depression. Horseman represents an ideal he's striving for. And might also be a poltergeist sent to drive him insane by shoving "his purpose" in his face constantly.

it's the skull knight
the godhand is close

>wild hunt
well if we go off the witcher 3 then antler man must be a random man jack met in a pub basement in the first season

Reposting:
Speaking of the major gods that appear in Samurai Jack, anyone think that the only reason why we see no Japanese God so far in this series is because these 50 years of hard work and toil by Jack is a trial set by the major gods to allow Jack to ascend into Godhood after defeating Aku?

Because in some Greek myths, some Greek heroes got rewarded with godhood either while they were alive or after they died.

Continuing on that train of thought, in the recent episode, Jack keeps hallucinating about some divine looking green themed Samurai General on a warhorse.

>Hachiman (八幡神) Also known as Hachiman-shin or Yawata no Kami, he is the god of war and the divine protector of Japan and its people. Originally an agricultural deity, he later became the guardian of the Minamoto clan. His symbolic animal and messenger is the dove.

Either a Japanese God has finally shown up in this series or Jack is possibly seeing his future form either in the final battle against Aku or after he slays Aku and the major gods reward him with godhood.

Because Jack does resemble a White Dove now that you think about it.

Also, when Jack wants to relax, he usually imagines fertile farm fields full of crops and plants.

His childhood crush was also encountered on a farm if you think about it so a lot of Jack's good memories involve agriculture
And the Japanese War God, Hachiman, was originally a God of Agriculture as well.

So yeah, I really believe a Japanese God is now involved in this series after being absent in previous seasons of Samurai Jack.

Or Jack will become a Japanese God as he returns back to Japan to defeat Aku and then using his divine powers, heals the wounds that Aku caused to Japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiman

In this way, Jack can be allowed to continue to exist after defeating Aku since by becoming a god, he can remove the paradox caused by himself existing by ascending into a higher dimensional being.

>antler man must be a random man jack met in a pub basement in the first season
It's the three talking dogs in a suit of armor

Also, just like Jack, Hachiman was also a Japanese Prince

>ignoreantlermanposts.jpeg

If he was Death, he would have been the person telling Jack to kill himself.

At the most, Swiggity Swag the Nightmare Stag is the warrior side of Jack and perhaps even his basic instinct of survival.

>Jack is hiding from the assassins, talking to himself, contemplating suicide, seems like there's no way out
>green horseman guy shows up
>suddenly, behind the horseman, he sees an abandoned temple to run to
>taking refuge in said temple ends up saving his life (barely)

Despite being so spooky, I think it will slowly come to light that whoever this guy is is actually a benevolent force working in Jack's favor, pushing him to all the right places he needs to go. I'm really surprised I haven't seen anybody else hold this interpretation yet.

Figured he is the manifestation of Jack's purpose/destiny. He's lost that but it is still following him around.

Antlerman might just be another form of Aku. Perhaps the form he chose when he destroyed Jack's village.

Why would it be another form of Aku if Aku doesn't even know where he is or cares at this point? If that was him, he would have found out that Jack lost his sword.

>Aku destroyed the Guardian's time portal as Jack was passing through it, splitting into two timelines
>A version of Jack is sent back to the past while the Jack we know is stuck in the future
>Explanation for why Jack doesn't age
>Having defeated Aku in the past, Horseman is past Jack trying to reconcile the timelines and save his future self
Or something.

it his dad
cap this

Its his dad and his Destiny, he's running away from them.

No, he's suicide. Honorable, ritual, suicide.

Oh wow I definitely see it. Other than the horns, it's spot on

*mysterious horseman appears*

You get your Hannibal memes out of here you monster. I'm kidding I miss that trainwreck of a fandom pls stay

where did this hot new meme of comparing SJ to Berserk come from

Representation of Jack's future, or literally future-Jack.

samurai armeru arr rook same

I think he's whoever has the sword. Or whoever's guarding where it got lost.

Dude, what if green Samurai is actually SAM-OO-RAI, or an image of the Samurai that Jack trained him to become. Remembering him reminds Jack that he was able to leave a positive legacy behind, and other Samurai will rise against Aku. All he has to do with his unlimited time now is train them.

Sadly, SAM-OOO-RAI died many years ago to natural causes.

both series share too many similarities

It's the immortal Green Knight who will demand a fight with Jack, shame him, and finally remind him of his honor.

At least, that's what the Green Knight did for Gawain.

>50 years
>Death

Da Samurai was young when he was fucking around. Even if he's an old shogun on his horse, being trained by Jack and surviving this long would definitely make sense, especially if he was tasked to be a specter to Jack and simply guide him when he's at his worst. Though a similar theory might be that Daimyo-dono is his ghost, perpetually driven to serve his Sensei until his meets his goal.

samurai black :^)

>a guy with a sword
you're gonna have to help me out with the rest here

I was actually barely watched the series but really liked the fan name of Will's stag hallucination and thought it fell in nicely with Jack's

I'm just guessing he's his first human kill.

both main characters go through eternal suffering
both fight abominations
both want to kill certain someone
and now there's a mysterious horseman

>robots
>abominations
racist

I think it's mostly a "lone wolf with sword fighting bad things and kicking ass" aesthetic (even though Guts isn't really a lone wolf but who cares)

>set on killing an ultimate evil
>swordsman
>mental issues

Eh that's all I can come up with. Not much of a similarity except for the mood is bleak and dark.

The great tempter and granter of power.

>Perpetual journey with the intent of slaying an ultimate evil
>Said ultimate evil had reformed society and created what is essentially a paradise for those whoa re loyal to him, and a hell alive for those who aren't
>Evil asshole sends countless monstrosities at the protagonist for no real reason other than "Hopefully you'll die, if not you'll just suffer"
>Periodically checks in with the protagonist on a personal level, setting them into insanity
>Both Jack and Guts are being lampshaded into being the respective "Creature hiding in the dark", similar to Neville of I Am Legend, as shown by the society of Falconia in Berserk and warrior cults set out to kill Jack in SJ
>Both warriors have lifetimes of combat experience being tempered by more and more alien foes, where the only human enemies are phenomenally talented people who have spent their entire existence training for combat (Anti-Jack cult / Serpico etc. )
>Only these respective heroes can slay their respective villain (Apostles are too strong to be killed by regular humans, and Aku is literally immune to damage unless you have the Sword)
>Both heroes are being driven to insanity by their repressed desire to let loose and stop being a hero (Guts' Black Wolf / Jack's projection of himself)

There's more, I'm sure, but they aren't primary elements as much as coincidences or fantasy tropes.

Nah man, not when this hero from the past is about.

God I hope it's him come back. He'd be such a welcome face to be grinning behind that antlered Kabuto.

It's his sword calling for him and guiding him to their reunion

Perhaps the grim reaper like people have suggested, or a symbol of Jack's inner demons.

His dad maybe
> the armor kinda matches minus the antlers and he had a horse with flags too

If he was the grim reaper, he would have been the figure telling him to kill himself

He spoke with his dad first episode, numbnuts
That's not how that works user, the grim reaper isn't suicidal thoughts

Why would it not work that way? If it was the grim reaper, it would want him to die. However, it was standing outside in the exact place that would keep him alive.

And death with antlers is a better guess how
Maybe it's supposed to represent how he will never reach his fathers level of skill and who also lost to aku

>He spoke with his dad first episode, numbnuts
He spoke with his delusions. For all we know the horse rider might actually be something.

Aren't you tired? Don't you want this to be over?

Fuck you guys.

They already leaked who he is.

I think the rider is the one who made him lose his sword, then he disappeared and Jack is still afraid they'll meet again.

It's jack's Samurai Spirit.

Every time it shows up. it's there to rouse Jack out of his Pit of Dispair.

When it showed up when Jack was thinking of Seppuku, the Horseman showed him another way.

It's Jacks Samurai Spirit, proving to him the sword is not needed, See how the Spirit DOESN'T have a sword, and uses a spear like Jack did on his bike?

Jack is a Samurai who follows Bushido. He should have no fear of death.

It's Herne the Hunter.

If his parents represent the guilt that drives him to keep searching
for a way back to the past, then black samurai is his desire for vengeance.
the reason he fears the black samurai is because it means accepting that he truly has failed in his mission go back in time and save everyone.
i suspect that the series will end around the time jack takes the path of vengeance stops fearing and metaphorically becomes the black samurai.

yes

I imagine he's an analogue to the Arthurian Green Knight.

I think it's the sword, and consequently, Jack's father. The sword has forged out of the Emperor's soul by three gods. A little bit of Jack's dad is still alive in the sword, grating it a relative sentience. The horse riding samurai is the personification of Jack's sword calling him to return for it and complete his mission.

Yes and no; I think it's something akin to Jack's backgroun as the shogun's son and everything associated with that; the concept of bushido, the samurai philosophy and such, but somehow corrupted by his own feelings of defeat. You could say Jack is running away from himself,with the "ghosts" of his parents (and his own self) appearing to him as a symbol of repentance for failing and the wish to finish it all by suicide, with this ominous rider representing both his lost hope of finishing off Aku and go back home, but Jack perceives it as a threat because he's lost his will to kill Aku, even if he cannot admit it.

Or maybe it's just Death,I dunno.