Four movies in with a total production budget of only $80 million and it has grossed over $1 billion worldwide

>Four movies in with a total production budget of only $80 million and it has grossed over $1 billion worldwide.
>Decently rated by critics and audiences too.
>Gets successful a cinematic universe that’s very profitable
How did a low budget Christian horror series like the Conjuring spawn a profitable cinematic universe where big budget Ghost corps, Arthurverse, Dark Universe and DCEU have failed?
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conjuring-2-spinoff-crooked-man-works-1012702
screenrant.com/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-first-look-video/
bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3394420/5-warrens-cases-center-conjuring-3/
collider.com/pacific-rim-godzilla-king-kong-crossover-monsters-universe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/68rdGZp3W6A
youtube.com/watch?v=VWhLp2Zpn1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because horror movies, like Marvel movies, are mainly dirt-cheap drivel that mindless children, teenagers and manchildren guzzle down even if they're shit. It's not uncommon for something that's only a few million dollars to make to easily gross 20 or thirty times its budget

You should be asking that question about the SAW franchise

Conjuriverse>MCU

Plus it was helmed by Based james wan

haha someone get this guy some soylent

>You should be asking that question about the SAW franchise
Saw never gotten a cinematic universe. Jigsaw was a sequel

Man, the next Ninja Turtles film is going in a weird direction.

It's the Christianity aspect. Jesus can make anything profitable.

The first Conjuring is terrifying. The second one, not so much. James Wong is a great horror director nonetheless.

You saying a Tyler perry conjuring crossover will break box office records?

I wouldn’t be surprise if a power rangers vs ninja turtles movie happens.

Who else here #hyped for #AquaWan
Finally a deep sea horrror CapeShit movie ?
I'll see this twice even if it sucks

Aquaman with Cthulhu Mythos elements? That sounds like a good idea.

I think it's moderately lovecraftian. It's going to be based off the newer story line The Trench
(Haven't read it yet though)

What about Altered States, Phantom of the Paradise, and Videodrome?
Are they all mindless drivel

Because they made movies people went to then made it a universe as opposed to make a universe and hope people liked it.

>Watch the Enfield Haunting
>it completely shits on the conjuring leads

kek

The real life story was laughably faked anyway.

excited for mommy's sister to be in the nun sequel

One from new 52?

She cute

>>Decently rated by critics and audiences too.

There's your answer.

They're well done movies and offer something different.

I have no idea what they were thinking with the Dark Universe. They easily could have spent a much smaller amount of money on a decently produced series of horror films and made millions.

It suffered from the same think as justice league

A mediocre, 'dark' script that they thought they could salvage by forcing in 'humour' (wtf was with the friend character?)

It's a shame as the plane crash scene was amazing. Didn't know if it wanted to be mission impossible, The Mummy or a serious horror film.

what is Ghost coprs?
what is Arthurverse?

Shite horror movies, but great fun, good supernatural thrillers, leads carry the movie well, I genuinely like the series

Come on mate he did say 'mostly', and I think all horror fans should be able to admit that the genre is low budget trash for the most part.

>what is Ghost coprs?
>what is Arthurverse?
Ghost corps was suppose to be Sony new cinematic universe based on cisbusters. WB tried to do a King Arthur cinematic universe that flop. It had planned Maid Marian, Robin Hood Merlin movies. youtu.be/68rdGZp3W6A

What are you on about m8? There were 8 movies, 2 video games and a damn rollercoaster. That's a cinematic universe.

Good horror back on the menu, I'm getting tired of atmospheric garbage like the witch, it comes at night, the void and all the other soy horror shit

We've already had a god tier Maid Marian

youtube.com/watch?v=VWhLp2Zpn1w