OUR OWN SHIT

OK AMATEURS! POST YOUR OWN COMICS/ CARTOONS, WE CRITIQUE ONE ANOTHER, CIRCLE JERK TIME!

1/3

Other urls found in this thread:

romanpenscomics.blogspot.com/
householdslimemold.com/
happygutsworld.tumblr.com/characters
circlejerk.de
marnarsay.com/Eduction/Drawing on the Funny Side of the Brain - Christopher Hart.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2/3

Is this lesbians?

no, though the vampire is a rapist and will try it on alley romanpenscomics.blogspot.com/

here's one about a little girl eating frozen period blood though.......

A little rough, bit it made me giggle. Have anymore?

thanks, here's a one pager, theres a link to all my
"eris and alley stuff" in on the frozen post

bones is that you

jesus

i was bored that day

I like butt carots lol, that was good

When do they fuck?

they don't but if you like i could post a comic where the eris tricks alley into wiping her ass?

got anymore?

kinda lol, i do like puns

This is fucking disgusting and I love it

not much.

> no ending
come on

Fuckin keked

My comic is in Spanish (i'm a latinfag) and can be found here: jamesyroy.subcultura.es

It starts pretty shit and gets better by the middle

I'm just gonna drop this here since there's no /hyw/ up.

householdslimemold.com/

I'm not really satisfied with the colors in this scene and I don't know why, I know I screwed up some of the shading/light sources and hastily tried to fix them, but I'm really not sure what looks weird about these colors to me.

please put effort into making something actually happen in a strip

ok looks like this is kinda like /hyw/

on my free time im recoloring some pages and getting a tumblr ready for this comic

here is a little page that describes the characters
happygutsworld.tumblr.com/characters

Yyyeah... I tried compressing/skipping this page but there were lots of little bits of characterization I had to show so that the character development later in the story would make sense. In my versions of the script where I had just skipped over this scene the whole chapter just felt rushed and a lot of the dialogue felt more forced than it already did, so I decided to include a few pages of conversation to slow down the pacing and help establish my leads' personalities.

just realized the spoiler images were your comic...lol i like it, you must finish it

neat but i dont' get it
I thought trump deported all you faggots already?
It looks pretty but i've no idea whats happening

Thank you for replying and please excuse me for being blunter: stop imagining these pages being bound into a book because we're not reading one.

Never mind action, there's nothing of importance that changes from the beginning to end. Decompression is a dangerous habit gambling against a long game you might not achieve (esp. if new readers are turned off).

Good art, colors could stand to be less subdued.

>so I decided to include a few pages of conversation to slow down the pacing and help establish my leads' personalities.
It's an unpleasant truth that you will need to learn how to weave those things into pages where things take place. It's the same predicament with exposition; it has to be hidden into places where readers already have a reason to keep reading. I don't envy you but it's a critical skill to master as a storyteller and will pay dividends over and over.

Oh well, why not.
We're a German duo working on an isekai anime parody comic.
You can read the whole thing on
circlejerk.de
(not even kidding)

what the fuck?
this is funny but in a chris chan way of funny

1. Whatever you think is detecting Adblock is giving you false positives. I've disabled it, even opened the page in an incognito (i.e. no extensions) browser, and it still has that message.

2. Please learn what funny means, because it's not "random in last panel."
marnarsay.com/Eduction/Drawing on the Funny Side of the Brain - Christopher Hart.pdf

Yes, it's Christopher Hart. It's the only thing by him I'll ever recommend. Read this. And actually buy it, it's worth supporting (I did).

i like the art but get better writing

I don't have something to detect adblock, the message is always there and people can decide if they wanna use it or not.

As for the jokes, that's just my humor, I guess. Not every last panel has a "joke" as a punchline, just something with an impact. Not saying I'm good at it, but I'm trying the Peanuts / Calvin and Hobbes approach with the punchlines of longer story arcs.

That being said, I'll try out your book. Not sure if I'm gonna buy it, though, since I'd have to import that shit.

>I'm trying the Peanuts / Calvin and Hobbes approach
you are doing it wrong

Not sure if this'd be a good place to post this but here's something I drew immediately after I got Manga Studio in high school.

And a redraw I did earlier this year. I tried to go out of my way to reuse the same textures as I did in the original version.

>i dont' get it
i get that a lot

>but I'm trying the Peanuts / Calvin and Hobbes approach

Then you are misunderstanding both which I'll chalk up to English not being your first language.

In 100 years of comic strips, the mechanics have changed almost none at all.

Even if you're doing non funny comics, the final panel must reflect a dramatic conclusion to the previous panels and/or a hook to next strip, not a philosophical "well we'll always be there for you!"

> HEY I'M QUIRRRRRRKY BOSS I'M TOTALLY COMING OUT OF THE SIDE OF THE PANEL
stop that this instant

instead of redrawing the exact same gag as though it were not mediocre in its delivery, rewrite and repanel it with an emphasis on how few panels you need to tell the gag, and concentrate a fuckload less on how to slap more visual effects on it

I get what you're saying, although for this I went out of my way to copy it almost verbatim (partly as a joke, and partly so I can have them side by side.

I'm not really attached enough to want to redraw it a 3rd time. It was sort of just a "redraw this old thing" kind of event.

Still I'll take that into account except that first part.

How exactly is it not a conclusion to the previous panels, though?
I didn't even try to add philosophical nonsense, I just wanted to show several fragments of Kevin's childhood, with the conclusion that his older friend helped him overcome some trouble with his parents.
The panels itself are foreshadowing for shit I'll explain later.

Again, I'm not saying I don't suck, that thing's my first webcomic, I'm just saying I have the goal to make every last panel something random without any connection to what's happening. All the shit I introduce has at least some reasoning, even Kevin getting high.

*I'm just saying I DON'T have the goal...

Fucked up the most important part.

I make a webcomic called west tree academy of heroes

It has been on hiatus for five weeks and will be like so for three more weeks.

speaking of our own shit

im on a bit of a situation right now

you see, on my job i've been "illustrating" a bunch of jokes written by my boss, i don't really like the jokes but my boss really likes my drawings even when i just doodle stuff

thing is now that i have drawn 30 of these things my boss wants to print all of them and then sell them as some kind of book, he told me i should sign it and that he also wants to put a picture of me in the book

im ashamed of most of these doodles and also of how my face looks recently , i dunno what to do, on the other hand pic related is one of the most well known cartoonist in my country, he even got an animated movie and well he has been drawing the same kind of doodles for years, he just happens to have a way better sense of humor than my boss

what would you do if your shittiest work ever suddenly gets printed with your face on it

Apologise in the foreword

>Deported
I live in Colombia you dipshit