Anyone else love the new Jack, but hate all the shitposting newfags and memers that are jumping on the bandwagon...?

Anyone else love the new Jack, but hate all the shitposting newfags and memers that are jumping on the bandwagon...?

this is the dark side of bringing back old cartoons
you get new episodes, but you also get the modern fandoms as well

He's gotta get there back to the past
to slay a shitty demon's black ass
he'd rather have The Scotsman take a diarrhea dump in his ear

There are gonna be memes. Millions of people are watching it, not just you and I and not just Sup Forums. Not everyone was around to watch it a decade ago. You could get mad at thousands of anonymous people you've never met, but that's totally up to you. It's a massive reboot, it's gonna call a lot of attention.

IT'S NOT A FUCKING REBOOT

OC isn't a bad thing, user. Sup Forums used to live and breathe it.

Why do you care?
I don't fucking care.

Samurai Jack is not a reboot, its a continuation. Its just picking up where it left off.

No, it will help ensure there is more.

1 ninja girl down, 6 to go.

Its kind of cringe but ok

>reboot series with hundreds of memes
>upset at new memes
???

Wow. Fandoms are cancerous? Who knew.

Shut the fuck up cunt.

Try not to be a little whiny bitch and you will survive

Its not a fucking reboot you millenial
Go make memes of nuPPG, they actually encourage it.

This, reboots inherit old memes, it's fine

Samurai Jack fandom was never this cancerous before the new season though so its most definitely because of the new babies getting into it.

I watched it back when it aired originally and I love the Suicide Jack meme because I am suicidal too

But that's like...every show though

eh, it's a miracle jack came back and actually lived up to the hype. Let people have their fun for the last season.

>I HATE THAT RETARDS GETTING ATTENTION
>I SHOULD HATE THEM SO THEY'LL KNOW IT'S WORKING
Just blame Sup Forums, every time a new episode airs they will flood the board trying with stupid shit with screenshots they took while it was airing those kids also did it on mlp every tim it aired

If you listen closely you can hear the sound of her spine cracking from being sliced.

I'm just taking it as a sign that it's probably good. I'm waiting for the season to be done to binge it.

Well, yeah. Fandoms for cartoons weren't really trendy till Gravity Falls it seems like, due to Homestuck.

>Samurai Jack fandom was never this cancerous

What is cancerous lately? Sup Forums hasnt being this good for years.

It ACTUALLY feel like old time Sup Forums. I cant stop but think that you are a newfag,, that thinks that complaining about Calarts and figthing company wars over movies is the correct state of Sup Forums.

That was her fucking mask you idiot

Normies and shitty memes are annoying but they are necessary.
The more peoples are watching and supporting good animation the better.

The Samurai Jack fandom back in 2003 (before the 4th season) got kinda cringey with all the OCs they invented in forums and deviantart, but still it was a warm community and incredibly friendly.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums tend to take things overboard though. It wasn't THAT bad back in the day

>Fandoms for cartoons weren't really trendy till Gravity Falls
How fucking young are you?

>calling someone a millennial as a general insult
what did user mean by this?

Hey I get that reference

Damn it, what's up with the newfags acting all ashamed of memes when they're on the website that used to pioneer that shit.

Contrarian ass pretentious ass no good sense having ass motherfuckers.

You sound like a newfag.

Is SJ the new MLP? (hint: yes it is)

Stop.

Man, just be glad you're not a jojo fan from before the anime. This is fucking nothing.

What the deal faggot ? You can't love something if someone else you don't like love it too ?

If that's the case, you should just kill yourself. Like, really, no edge involved, it's better for you.

This. It will be YEARS before a fandom get suddenly as cancerous as Jojo, and I say it as a fan of plenty of things that got shitty overnight.

>any other /oldfags/ here who can appreciate le true art of cartoons without having fun??? Sup Forums doesn't make OC, you're all newfags xDD
I want tryhard facebook kiddies to leave

GUYS GUYS

WHAT IF

GUYS, LISTEN

WHAT IF THE ENDING

GUYS THIS IS VERY SERIOUS, LISTEN

WHAT IF THE ENDING IS JACK GOES BACK IN TIME AND BECOMES AKU

Welcome to my last year of video games.

>7 years ago no one gave a FUCK about Yakuza and Nier
>now everyone is on the dick riding bandwagon over it all

>mlp

It's inevitable. But the memes will be short-lived

Anyone have a mega link for XCIII?

Your sentence is kind of cringe, ok?

>massive
>10 episodes

>Samurai Jack fandom was never this cancerous
Probably because most of us were still in fucking middle school

I'd take shitposting kids having fun over rabid contrarians afraid to have fun for fear of not looking cool to your anonymous internet peers like yourself.

Cringe just gets tossed around like it's fucking nothing these days, you see underage people on social media sites post stuff like "Ugh the cartoon character slipped on a banana peel, SO cringe". In fact I have a hard time not associating it with that ilk anymore.

>cringe
cringe

Pretty much exactly my point, but I didn't want to put it as such. It's kind of embarrassing to see it used these days.

I could care less about underage, normies and newcomers joining in on the bandwagon as long as the newfound fans don't mutilate the fanbase into becoming Steven Universe, Adventure Time or Voltron levels of trash.

Aside from the excessive threads and memes (some of which have been genuinely funny so far) they haven't been that much of an issue. Nothing too idiotic or degenerate from them. At least not yet.

I think that'll calm down fairly quickly too.

>I don't know shit about the internet

Yeah, it's definitely like people weren't doing the exact same shit back when people knew the original show.

OP usually I'd care, but because THE SERIES HAS ALREADY FINISHED TO PRODUCTION that means the fandom cannot influence it in any way. (Unlike shows that are still in production, and incorporate retarded ideas from the retarded fandom )

Nigga it's only 10 episodes. Even if it turns malignant the cancer won't last long

I actually realized yesterday that I have to make an effort to not read any more of these threads because I find the people in them so cringeworthy

Then why would the OP bother making this thread? As has already said, the show's finally over after this; the fanbase won't have enough time to fester into cancer and they won't be able to pressure or influence the show in any way.

I don't think there is any show that has suffered from advanced memery and shitposting than Jojo. when Americans found out about it they just couldn't contain their autism.

oh fuck off. Just cause someone missed the original series doesn't make them a bandwagon hopper or a terrible person. Oldfags are just as bad as newfags. not all newfags are memers and lots of oldfags are terrible memers

shut up newfag

>implying that OP isnt a newfag to Sup Forums

Getting mad at memes and excitement in Sup Forums is something that developed recently.

This site main thing was having fun, no matter what, at first. On the old times you could writte "haha" and "lol" unironicaly.

I think it had a lot more to do with teens that couldn't be bothered to read the manga jumping on an ebin maymay bandwagon. The modern fanbase feels palpably younger and meme-spouty than the pre-anime one.

It's sad that that has to be said, but it's true. However, what OP posted isn't strictly OC.

In any case, robust shitposting is to a degree indicative of a healthy fandom.

I think people nowadays enjoy things too much. There should be a limit to your excitement at all times, otherwise we get secondhand embarrassing shit like bronies or jojofags.

>On the old times you could writte "haha" and "lol" unironicaly.
>>>/reddit/

>>/r9k/

He's not lying, I remember when this place was a LOT less fucking serious about everything. You can find plenty of caps of old threads where most of the replies were variations of LOL, win, epic, etc. Honestly you'd probably get banned these days for posting the way most people did back then because it'd constitute low quality posting.

What the hell happened?

He's telling the truth though.

Back in the early 2004-2008 days, that was exactly the case.

The problem is that both shitposts and serious posts are awful now.

I blame the late-2007 - 2009 newfag flood, the quality of posts dipped even lower and a lot of people adopted a mentality that things needed to get more serious to keep any semblance of quality alive. The new people eventually adapted but took up the more serious tone, and now here we are. Another contributing factor was definitely the rest of the internet catching up. Around the time that "epic" started to get spouted by teens and overused in pop culture is around the time Sup Forums disowned it, in fact I'd say that "cringe" is starting to go through the same thing.

seems so...relaxed

nowadays that thread would be full of bitter, petty insults

cultures change and the language changes with it. Sup Forums is really interesting as it is a rapidly evolving culture that frequently hits an experiment that the rest of the internet adopts. Most of the time it's shit dead end adaptions but the rate at which it adopts new trends isn't seen anywhere else on the internet. Like everything else new memes will replace the old ones. Like it or hate it, it will be gone when something new is found..

>Another contributing factor was definitely the rest of the internet catching up.
The spread of Internet access is the core of so many problems, both on Sup Forums and in society.

>the rate at which it adopts new trends isn't seen anywhere else on the internet.
Twitter and Facebook now beat Sup Forums in matters of speed memery and OC creation.

Honestly, I really didn't appreciate this show back when it was first airing. Something about Genndy's art style just perturbed me from watching it. However, after taking the time to actually sit down watch it all these years later, its really grown on me. A pretty decent show, really.

twitter, yes, but facebook is full of grandma's and grandpas and people with no origional thoughts in their heads. Any OC that comes from there is burried under the most retarded, worthless shit.

I literally think facebook is the worst thing the internet has ever created.

Even twitter's been stuck in it's own rut. "When you x but y" has been ground into the dust at this point.

true, but twitter has it's niche uses. I use it to keep up with science and follow conventions. It's a very useful tool for aggregating science.

>caring about fandoms
like nigga just ignore them
fandom culture annoys me but I find I can ignore it completely if I just watch and read what I want and don't look for annoying fans

Oh there will be cringy petitions on reddit to continue. Not to mention fanfic about how it should really have ended if the ending doesn't even touch a single shit in their "headcanon"

It's a good thing I don't fucking go on reddit or look up Samurai Jack fanfiction then.

Tfw part V, VI, VII and VIII will be ruined

Just wait for it to seep here. That or youtube fan theories

>VIII

There isn't much to ruin with The Bourne Conspiracy at the moment other than "Gappy makes me happy" shitposts.

Fuck man, all those youtube fan theories that I'm forced to watch, how dare they!

This. Fuck off OP

Newfag.