Call me a SJW but this bland as fuck. It's just some privileged rich white kid fightimg crime...

Call me a SJW but this bland as fuck. It's just some privileged rich white kid fightimg crime. And don't you Sup Forumstards tell me it's just like the comics because it isn't. Much like Doctor Strange, the MCU took pretty interesting source material and made it bland. This is just a pure power fantasy for suburban teenage white kids(which explains why Sup Forums loves it).

And Finn Jones is whiny as fuck too as Danny.

Wait
Iron fist is white?
I thought he was asian?

Wait is that the guy from that 70's show?

People are calling it an SJW agenda because reviewers are giving it a 1/10, not because people dislike it.

It's not a good show, anyone who says you're an SJW for disliking it is autistic.

>This is just a pure power fantasy for suburban teenage white kids

This isn't true at all though, there's no action, he never uses his powers and is potrayed as worse at fighting than colleen (gets knocked down more, doesn't win fights right away).

Calling it a power fantasy is stupid.

The show would be just as bad if he were Asian but at least it wouldn't feel like I'm watching some white kid's self insert fan ficition. Why was Iron Fist turned into a shitty corporate drama? This is the kind of shit we blasted early capeshit adaptions for.

>The show would be just as bad if he were Asian but at least it wouldn't feel like I'm watching some white kid's self insert fan ficition.

The same way Luke Cage would be better if he was white because it wouldn't feel like a black kid's self insert fanfiction?

Except Luke Cage stuck to its source material and Iron Fist did not.

>Comic about a blaxploitation hero cleaning up the hood
>Show about a blaxploitation hero cleaning up the hood

>Comic about a mystical Kung fu warrior
>Show about shitty corporate drama with some Kung fu

>It's just some privileged rich white kid fightimg crime.

So is Batman and people love that. And he's not fighting crime.

Batman has depth and is interesting. This show has no of that.

Neither would be better with race-swapping, the corporate drama isn't even the problem, it's the balance of corporate drama with bad action, and absolute lack of him actually using his powers.

It's a shit cocktail but him being white has nothing to do with it.

Pastor's son from Georgia isn't really a blaxploitation hero.

Is name is fucking DANNY

>Call me a SJW
>privileged rich white kid
>suburban teenage white kids

>call me an SJW
>insert SJW buzzwords here

This is really activating my almonds.

You're trying to turn this into a race swapping debate when it isn't. I already said the show would still be shit with a chink in the role.

>Batman has depth and is interesting.

Why would he even be Asian?
Iron Fist has never been Asian!
Why does everyone think he is Asian?

>implying otherwise

>Muh Batz

Tumblr looked up the marvel wiki page for him, and started unironically saying he should be replaced with Wu Ao-Shi (the Iron Fist from 1545 AD who was an asian woman) since that would be more progressive.

This started a huge meme through a mix of progressive racists who think only asians know martial arts, and autists who want Wu Ao-Shi, which SJW reviewers caught on to.

In the end there's 100 articles about Danny being a white male and how there were "other options" for Iron Fist, and thw show getting 1/10's instead of the 4/10's it deserves.

>he's not fighting crime
organized crime is still crime and that's exactly what The Hand does

Really?
Thats dumb.
They are dumb.
Why is it people listen to such dumb?

Danny is a really unlikeable character, but that's ok. He's like that guy you went to highschool with who gets interested in Eastern philosophy and just won't shut the fuck up about it.

>"The show is bad because SJWs!"

Kek.

>1/10's instead of the 4/10's
>4/10 is good

No don't listen to him. He's one of those "anti-SJWs" who is convinced the critics have it out for the show because "muh Jewish agenda!" and not because its a shitty bland piece of garbage that disrespects its colorful source material.

I feel like I can't dislike him until I see how he interacts with Luke Cage, you know, the best part of both characters.

> you know, the best part of both characters.
But that's fucking wrong you retarded shithead netflix shill bitch.

Nah, Iron Fist is white, always has been white.
Historical Iron Fists don't even count, because Heroes for Hire is the most important part of Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Jesus, are you all autistic.

The show is a piece of shit that deserves to be called a piece of shit, but it's not a 1/10.

When you google Iron Fist the first thing that comes up is articles about cultural appropriation. How am I wrong to think that, that is a bias? There's at least a few reviewers that are keeping a steady stream of bullshit coming out.

>No H4H on Netflix
>Shill

Nobody is arguing his race you fucking autist. You're stuck on one thing.

Last I Checked female Ghosybusters was an absolute pile of shit but somehow earned a 76% on rotten tomatoes.

If there is ever an example of "muh jewish social agenda" it's that pile of trash.

So yes, please return from whence shithole you came from and fuck off

Honestly, I like it, and I like Finn Jones, but I think he was miscast simply because he didn't sell to me the idea that he was a guy who had spent 15 years training in martial arts for 24 hours a day in between beatings.

He should have been a lot more shredded, number one. The way he moved and fought did not portray that he was the best of the best of a warrior nation. They really needed to hire someone with more of a martial arts background for the role.

You just watched the first episode and quit didn't you? I bet you thought JJ was better as well, and not as "boring". It's so obvious the SJW critics bashed bc muh white male lead.

It's always been about Batman's villains, interesting scenarios, and hot females.

If it was Bruce Wayne being a whiney faggot all the time fighting faceless mooks. I wouldn't like batman either.

It's always so painfully obvious which posters have read the comics and which haven't.

The corporate part of Rand is as much a part of Iron Fist as the mystic side.

Go back to Sup Forums please

Jessica Jones was shit so try again whiteboi

>It's just some privileged rich white kid fightimg crime.

this shouldn't be an argument whatsoever, specially with comics and comic adaptions.

No you don't read comics because the corporate part wasn't so important they needed to disregard the mystical and make a whole fucking show about it.

>The corporate part of Rand is as much a part of Iron Fist as the mystic side.

And? So what?

Either the corporate plots are different in the comics or they were always bad, because as played in the show it's utterly dramatically inert. Danny has no stake in the Rand story-line, it's literally a whole other TV show about entirely different characters in their own separate plotline that has nothing to do with anything else going on.

If this is somehow accurate to the comics, then it's shit there too.

Though a note to that. His fighting style is an emphasis on inner strength (chi) . The use of your own energy to defend and attack when needed.

I watched the old Kung Fu series and his combat wasn't to far off from that representation.

While future training will help his martial arts don't expect him to become Bruce Lee ripped.

Different style.

>and absolute lack of him actually using his powers.
I haven't read any of the comics and I'm not finished with this season but so far his power has been almost useless.
>can puch though metal one time every day
>can burn poison flowing though a body once every day
Sure, he's a master of several different fighting styles, but it that interesting when Jessica Jones can just swing a fucking steel bar around and do the same amount of damage.

Show is fucking horrible
Only worth it for the webm of the 1940s Fist ACTUALLY WEARING THE FUCKING COSTUME

Fact: 9 out of 10 times in the show the Iron Fist power that Danny slayed a dragon for is used to punch down doors exclusively

It's not so much about style as environment. He was training daily and probably fed basic nutrition (gruel etc). By default he should have had a lot more muscle definition as the fat was burned off of him.

Or Luke Cage when he can just about Tank everything.

>Call me a SJW but this bland as fuck. It's just some black guy fightimg crime.

It's fun to shit post

>Call me a SJW but this bland as fuck.
It's marvel bro

>>some black guy fightimg crime.

The irony

Western Changs have a habit of foresaking their asian names, I've always wondered why

I knew a guy back in high school, his name was david, but his (i assume) legal asian name was Tungwai, only found out because it got called out for an award at assembly, he seemed strangely embarrassed about it...