An Avengers Star Says Marvel Movie-TV Crossover Wouldn't Work

>“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world,” Mackie explained. “It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all.”

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/20/an-avengers-star-says-marvel-movie-tv-crossover-wouldnt-work/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AnthonyMackie/status/656205350866018304?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
bleedingcool.com/2015/09/01/the-ballad-of-ike-perlmutter-and-marvel-studios/
bleedingcool.com/2015/08/31/marvel-shake-up-kevin-feige-sidesteps-marvel-ceo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aw jeez

Damn...fucking Kike Ike ruined everything

Why doesn't Kevin Feige come out and say this instead of hiding behind his actors?

Wasn't Iron Fist the Daredevil in Civil War?

>Different universes, different worlds

N O N C A N O N
O
N
C
A
N
O
N

No

>I-it's all- connected guys! Really! Please watch our shows!
Ah, the memories.

Wouldn't want actual plot, actual villians and stakes to sully your by the numbers extremely non offensive quips

Just googled it to be sure and yes he was, Iron Fist was posing as Daredevil at the time.

Wait, in the comic? I thought you were talking about the movie.

Feige hasn't come out and said it the shows still continue to reference the movies.

Is it possible the movie actors are just dicks and are like no your shitty netflix show doesn't count only the movies with the real Hollywood actors count.

In the interview they talk about Daredevil in Civil War that is what I was referring to, so yes the comic.

That's absolutely the case. Even in the golden age of T.V you have these pretentious shits look down on anything not showing in theatres. It doesn't matter thanks to AoS we have had some crossover with the MCU tv. Not as much as I'd like but enough to make everything canon. So fuck that uppity nigger.

>An Avengers star.

Can't be a star if their name wasn't worth the headline.

Nice try.

It's All Connected was a mistake. DC, as usual, did it the right way.

It's tough. I'm a DC fag and I don't really follow the MTVU but I know theres not one single redeemable quality for any of the CW actors. Netflix may be different (to me it just seems they take it "serious" as opposed to DCTV) but I personally agree that TV actors don't belong on the big screen. Generally they suck.

They're the calarts artists of acting; not the best or most beautiful but they show up every day and end the week with a product.

Given the lack of quality control the TV shows have, this is probably for the best.

NON-CANON

But DC fans say its all connected all the time.

Good.

Green Arrow proved that with his awful Casey Jones

Did you fucks even read the article?

The guy's quoting Anthony Mackie, the Falcon. You think The Falcon is necessary or present for high level talks like crossovers?
Guy's probably scared as shit that's the only place his character's gonna show up with Falcap being so political.

>Iron Fist movie is now possible
yes please

Sucks for DD though, it works pretty well in a serialised format

Even if he didn't say this, it's been obvious for a long time the two would never cross over.

Dude is a Trump supporter, so Falcap being political won't bother him.

To be fair hes just a terrible pick for Casey Jones in general.

Not all the Netflix guys are great but some of them are good enough you could throw them a cameo spot in a movie.

What really annoys me is Marvel doesn't even bother to get a proper movie hero to cameo once in anything. You can't get Mark Ruffalo for a single episode of Agents of Shield. He doesn't even need to turn into the Hulk just play Bruce Banner you could never organise that.

If these universes are infact being kept seperate what happens when down the road they go fuck i really want to have DareDevil be in this Spider-man movie do they go get the Netflix actor that people know and are established with what hes done or do they go no fuck that lets just cast our own and ignore it.

They've said this a million times. Why are fanboys so stupid that they get it by now?

They shouldn't cast Cox.

Why carry the baggage of some other writer/directors choices if you don't have to? New actor, better suit, means your own material (even if it's adaptive).

>You can't get Mark Ruffalo for a single episode of Agents of Shield. He doesn't even need to turn into the Hulk just play Bruce Banner you could never organise that.

These actors are fucking expensive and not willing to take a downgrade in pay for an episode of network television. The moment they do that, it hurts future negotiation power for future projects with other studios. These actors won't admit that, but it really is business politics and branding.

I think many people have rosy fantasies of "If I do this episode for free or cheap and then make this appearance here for cheap they'll definitely keep that in mind when my contract's up."

Hollywood doesn't do that. I don't blame actors for not going the extra mile for some fan's enjoyment.

Bingo, we would be better off casting Adam Sandler as a character to tie it all together. He would do it for shots and giggles.

Marvel/Disney have the fucking money to go heres a nice fucking check do an episode.

At best you get a nice ratings bump and some more people watching it at worst you didn't gain anything from it i am sure Disney's bottom line won't be destroyed by that.

But then why have the universe if Directors can independently go nah i want my own guy and costume.

Shame. Mordo hunting down the Immortal Weapons and the Ghost Riders would have been pretty cool.

This isn't the studio system of the golden age Hollywood. Even IF Disney ponies up a huge paycheck for a cameo, it's damaging to the actors brand. The performer has an obligation to themselves and their team to remain at a certain level. Network television is still seen as poison by many studios and it's a barrier that is very difficult to crossover into.

It's not JUST about money, it's about protecting your brand and staying in your lane. Doing a low budget indie is seen as respectable. Doing an ABC network show is seen as laughable and desperate.

Them's the breaks.

>Marvel/Disney have the fucking money to go heres a nice fucking check do an episode.

they have that money because they DON'T do that. Do that for one star they all want it. Learn about negotiation sometime.

>But then why have the universe if Directors can independently go nah i want my own guy and costume.

That's literally the point I made. it's not a shared universe. So that they can do what they want. if it was shared they would not be able to.

funny thing is, with all of the Ultimate influence on the MCU netflix fans can act superior and say the MTVU is the real universe.

So Hollywood actors are all just cunts who think they are too big for anything.

I can't imagine, does this still matter to some people?

Cops and shit don't interact with the military, you're never gonna have a crossover where some Louisiana cop interacts with soldiers off in some god forsaken shithole. Why should shit like the avengers deal with some shitty new york gang politics when they deal with gods or robots or whatever?

And it's not like said godly struggles or whatever should take away from the personal struggles that the people dealing with gangs and criminals deal with.

Again, you're attacking employees for the problems of their industry.

it's not about actors being cunts. It's about actors wanting a scorcese movie down the line and thinking (maybe rightfully so) that they'll be skipped over for being a network TV actor.

It's not that they're cunts (many are, mind you) it's that they have to play the game. It's a cut throat business where branding and image matter more than actual talent and "passion" in most cases. You're always as good as your last job, that's the saying and it's true. This is why if you end up starring in a string of bombs or do a lifetime movie, all of a sudden you stop getting calls. This is the game.

>the golden age of T.V
Can't wait for this forced meme to die.

But Netflix isn't Network tv, tons of actors get famous after being on HBO. Don't see why Netflix is any different then that.

>Marvel/Disney have the fucking money to go heres a nice fucking check do an episode.
I'd rather they spend that on the shows themselves (which have a relatively limited budget already) rather than just splurging it all on a cameo to appease canon-obsessed faggots.

Also Ike.

If you want to be considered for a Scorsese movie down the line maybe playing a super hero in a fucking summer blockbuster isn't the right idea. Why wouldn't he pick the better actor that went for the Oscar bait that year instead.

Does anyone have that pic of all the award-winning actors in the MCU?
Schlock blockbusters still don't have as bad a stygma as TV.

Just fucking stop faggot. My point was clear.

Netflix is considered new media and because of that the rules haven't been firmly established. This is why a shit fit is thrown whenever a Netflix or Hulu show is nominated or wins an award. There's a tier system and television and film feel threatened by new media. Even if your material is critically acclaimed, your dealing outside of the traditional system. It's very much how Radio and film felt when television came around.

Marvel should cross over the films and TV because it's the last barrier left to do. I mean, after GOTG meet the Avengers, what's left is there to merge?

you nerds are still arguin over this shit huh

Because old media has to put up with the FCC. Its the same shit fit they throw over HBO.

It sucks for NCIS that they have harsher rules than Homeland. I actually think Harmon and a few other characters could make a really great show if they didn't have censors.

>Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs

literally what the fuck? it was said right at the beginning that Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix shows were connected to the movies

I mean I hate the MCU even though I still watch it but am I just understanding this wrong or is he actually saying all the shows aren't canon? That would be a straight up middle finger to the fans

Maybe they just don't use Daredevil in a movie for awhile? Like the only important TV guys we've got consist of Murdock, Jones, Cage, Rand, Colson, and Mockingbird. They could go decades delivering satisfying stories without ever touching on these guys in the movies an the only people who would notice and be upset are autists on Chinese finger painting forums. Are people really that thirsty for Daredevil to get his shit kicked in by the Avengers?

Where have you been?

Seriously.

Even if they said that shit in 08 it hasn't been true for a while. Since Daredevil came out we knew this.

Seriously, how can someone like you exist? You post on Sup Forums and get surprised by someone essentially telling you the sky is blue?

Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter had some connection to the MCU if only because they were created by MCU writers.

But the Netflix shows are from different teams and appeared after Feige had fought, and won, the battle to get the MCU completely separate from the rest of Marvel (and fire Perlmutter, Loeb, Quesada etc. from having input on the movies).

So I don't think it's a creative thing, more a turf war. They might have some Netflix character cameos in the MCU someday but Feige can barely hide his contempt for the TV division.

Which is why the Inhumans, Marvel Publishing's pet project, was dropped from the movie schedule and switched to TV soon after Feige got more power.

I'll be happy with some cameo, D'Onofrio maybe with a small role in Spiderman, not as main villain, Cox or Bernthal a couple of minutes in screen something like that, doesn't have to be a crossover

BASED

>after Feige had fought, and won, the battle to get the MCU completely separate from the rest of Marvel (and fire Perlmutter, Loeb, Quesada etc. from having input on the movies).
spoonfeed me some links here, I don't disbelieve you I just want more

twitter.com/AnthonyMackie/status/656205350866018304?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

He isn't

>make everything canon

Top kek, coulson and friends don't exist as far as the true MCU is concerned but whatever helps you sleep at night

They did get Samuel Jackson though. But he'll do anything.

I understand that, but that doesn't mean the Netflix characters can't show up in the movies.

Of course there's other reasons why they won't.

And that's why you contractually obligate an actor to at least one television role for every movie role, with a negotiated understanding this has no bearing on their bankability in future productions.

Bake that into the contract from the start with everyone aware of what's happening, and everyone's good

I don't think I've ever seen them do that. There's at least four different DC universes on TV right now.

It just keeps happening!

>Iron Fist movie is now possible
Hahaha

They'll make seven Dr strange reboots before iron fist ever hits the big screen.

>Cops and shit don't interact with the military
What a stupid fucking analogy. Cops are restricted by their jurisdictions. Dudes who can fly and aren't controlled by the gubment are free to go wherever they want.

i actually enjoyed how OP ghost rider was.

Ryan Ottley draws badly?

bleedingcool.com/2015/09/01/the-ballad-of-ike-perlmutter-and-marvel-studios/

bleedingcool.com/2015/08/31/marvel-shake-up-kevin-feige-sidesteps-marvel-ceo/

>different universes
PACK IT IN AOS/NETFLIX FAGS, YOU DON'T MATTER.

The more I see Anthony Mackie the more I think he's a wanker

Was actually there at Wizard World Cleveland (where he said it, one of the articles said he told a website but it was just a panel)

He was probably just joking. Anthony Mackie's entire panel was him ribbing the audience since the first two fucks asked him about infinity war

NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N