Boss Baby Thread

What does Sup Forums think of this marketing ploy? This ran in front of Beauty and the Beast.

youtu.be/zorr_lmKJQM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYVb4OLk4NQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alec Baldwin needs money apparently

That concept is all over the damn place. A baby businessman becomes a spy to wage war with puppies while an older kid who discovered the baby businessman is not just a mere baby (if nobody knows baby is businessman then how does baby do business?).

It's like they crammed the Rugrats angle in with the Chicken Boo angle and threw in a little Cats vs Dogs because they thought that maybe if you threw enough paper-thin premises in together then you'd have cardboard.

lol
you clearly never done business before

I hate babies.

>Puppie sympathetic

That's kinda interesting. Has any other movie ever made a trailer like this, where they reference the movie that the theater is about to play next? Also, did they do this just for Beauty and the Beast, or did they do variants for any other movies too?

Is there any other big movies coming out?

I don't follow current movies

Yeah, this kind of thing is done from time to time. Requires a lot of coordination and deal-striking or else it'd be far more common.

Chips, Life, and Power Rangers come out this week.

Boss Baby at the end of March and Smurfs in early April.

>an all animated Smurfs movie

It's about time.

Boss Baby looks like something that should have came out 10 years ago. At least concept wise.

Interesting and, as far as marketing goes, really damn smart. BatB is smashing the shit out of the box office which means every person with their ass in the seat to watch the movie will see this commercial and remember that it referenced the movie they were about to watch as it advertised itself.

Well the book itself is 6 years old.
It's already had a sequel come out just last year.

this movie singlehandedly made me hate the dreamworks face

Why do people care so much about this movie. I've never seen people get so up in arms about a DW flick before.

Whenever I see this I movie I wonder who it's for. No one could possibly want an Alec Baldwin movie this badly.

Monsters Inc. Did it with Harry Potter.

It's not necessarily this movie, but more just how shit Dreamworks has been lately. They have some great recent movies like HTTYD and Kung Fu Panda but a majority of them are really mediocre. It hurts knowing that they can do so much better but continue to shit out this low quality, uninspired crap.

pedos

Can we talk about how cute that puppy that was on screen for about a second was, though? If they made a movie about puppies in this style with no babies, i would probably watch it.

They seem a little scared these days, so they've cancelled all of their original properties in hopes that movies based on books will get them better results even if books are really old at this point and people are likely not even to realize books existed in the first place.

IIRC the Winnie the Pooh movie did it aswell

I work at this kids entertainment centre type place, and this movie is doing a sponsorship for it. The "university" activity is being replaced by the "Dreamworks Baby Boss Business Internship" or some crap. Literally the same thing, except they mention Boss Baby about every 15 seconds.

Well this was for movies coming out at the same time.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYVb4OLk4NQ

That sounds terrible. I guess money has to come from somewhere, but sponsorships can stand to do things a little more gracefully.

Eh, there's a lot of "commercial" sponsors that don't push themselves onto the company. Like, a chocolate activity is sponsored by Cadburys, but they don't really push the name brand that much in it.

Although I think the owner of my company must be friends with a few media guys, since Stork sponsored something a few months back as well.

> Cookies are for closers

the pain is real

>This ran in front of Beauty and the Beast.

Not in the theater I saw Beauty and The Beast in. They actually had the dignity not to show this shit.

some people think it's going to be a donald trump parody. i'm not even joking. i wish i were. anything with blonde hair in a suit is trump to my coworkers. robot workers cannot come fast enough.

Is there 34 of Staci yet?

>double dreamworks face
>making a big deal out of two celebrities "going at it"
>making a big deal out of a character that appears in like 3 scenes
>that smug fucking tagline

This is pure Dreamworks right here. I still liked the movie though, against all odds.

>making a big deal about two celebrities"going at it".
Oddly enough, they dropped pitt at practically the beginning of the movie and then brought him back in tge weakest plot twist ever. What was the point of even having him there? Why spend that kind of money?

more like Loss Baby