Obviously there are a billion different ways people like to denigrate Zack Snyder...

Obviously there are a billion different ways people like to denigrate Zack Snyder, but why when people who liked BvS rightly claim that the ultimate cut clears up the narrative and makes the film feel less like a series of trailers (i.e. more meat to the non action scenes), people who don't like Snyder say that he's bad because he should learn how to make a shorter movie?

The theatrical cut of BvS is 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
The extended cut is 3 hours long.

-now here's the kicker-

TDKR is 2 hours and 45 minutes long, released by the same studio.
I'm willing to bet that even 15 more minutes added to the theatrical cut of BvS as opposed to the full 30 would have made the story flow much smoother than it did in theaters.

So my question is, why blame Snyder for THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE when the studio was at fault?

TDKR could be 3 hours and feel like 2 hours because the viewer is enjoying it. BvS could be 2 hours and feel like 10 hours because it's a mindless, stupid CGI slugfest.

That doesn't answer my question. You're just making a low quality off topic post.

>So my question is, why blame Snyder for THIS SPECIFIC ISSUE when the studio was at fault?

Because the theatrical cut of BvS was still bloated with pointless plot and endless, extended fight scenes.

There is no earthly reason a movie about Batman and Superman becoming friends should be as long as Kingdom of Heaven. That's disgusting, Snyder has no sense of pacing at all.

>was still bloated with pointless plot
examples please

>because the viewer is enjoying it
Woah, hold on there user.

Literally everything involving Amy Adams.

Literally everything involving Wonder Woman.

The entire Africa story comes to nothing.

lol

Both and answered your question.

TDKR doesn't drag and is entertaining throughout. It doesn't feel that long.

BvS feels like a very, very long movie. The fight against Doomsday lasts 18 minutes but it feels like 40. The characters make strange decisions (eg journalist Clark Kent not knowing the value of controlling a narrative, ignoring the guys with machine guns to have an "epic" stare down with Batman and chasing down Batman because he brands people but ignoring the fact that Bats kills people) and are just poorly written and acted. You don't like the characters, so their fates are completely meaningless to you.

>TDKR doesn't drag and is entertaining
>BvS feels like a very, very long movie.
No, that isn't the question.
I'm not talking enjoyment, i'm talking people who blame Snyder and not the studio for cutting a movie down more than even a prior Batman movie.

Please, for the love of god, learn to read.

>and not the studio for cutting a movie down more than even a prior Batman movie.

Because the movie we got is still overlong and bloated.

If nothing else he could have pushed fror the shitty fluff in the final cut to get the axe so he could fit the content that matters in.

But who am I kidding, you're just going to repeat the "question" in an effort to make people agree with you.

>Because the movie we got is still overlong and bloated.
see
Again, you go and blame Snyder?
People complained about the film being boring even in theaters.
Would is the possibility that the studio forced the cut to be more action heavy seemingly not even possibility to you?

But TDKR was mediocre at best.

Because wanting to make a batman vs superman movie before a Man of Steel 2 or another batman movies was a terrible idea by itself, but choosing Zach to direct it was also stupid idea. Is still very debatable if he is a decent director or if 300 and Man of Steel were really good movies, and as a fan of the book series "Guardians of Ga'Hoole", i say he was aways terrible with adaptations.

Was to soon to put someone like him in a project soo big. Is the secound time Warner choose a music clip director to make a blockbuster, and the first time it was Joel Schumacher.

Both Zach and Schumacher are big for having their styles, but they can't do stories very well. Some producers work better in specific places.

The movie was a mistake made by the studio, but Zach was also a factor mistake to add into the mess.

Because there is a bunch of fat that doesn't need to be there in BvS

What does the desert scene and bullet subplot add to the narrative?

Nothing because Lex just kidnaps MARTHA to make Batman and Superman fight anyway.

Why have that car chase with Batman killing people for Kryptonite, when he is ultimately going to obtain it in an unfilmed raid?

Congress adds nothing. All it does is make Superman seem more unrelatable.

For that matter, why add the future stuff? Flash confused my Dad and brother. The future stuff tells us that Superman is one dead girlfriend, who we don't care about at all, from joining up with the God of Evil and enslaving mankind.

Plus the fight against Doomsday is awful and feels interminable.

I have listed about an hours worth of stuff that wouldn't exist in a better movie.

You should really save a couple more reaction images, you use this one way too much.
Or keep using this one I guess, at least it tells me I can ignore your posts.

>Would is the possibility that the studio forced the cut to be more action heavy seemingly not even possibility to you?

the

drama

was

bloated

too

?
How does me being identifiable make me invalid?

>I'm willing to bet that even 15 more minutes added to the theatrical cut of BvS as opposed to the full 30 would have made the story flow much smoother than it did in theaters.

The first hour is resolved by the main characters with a handwave. Remove the first hour and the movie still "works".

300 was basically faithful and the additions mostly enhanced the story (the queen's bigger role).

I liked Guardians well enough but I haven't read the books. It showed he can do bright vibrant colors perfectly well, but chooses not to for DC.

Because you keep posting the same partisan dumb shit and ignoring every counter-argument.
Goyer and Snyder are mediocre, learn to live with it.

Why are vibrant colors better?
Many Batman comics are not vibrant at all.

>Why are vibrant colors better?
He didn't even imply that.

>learn to live with it.
wut
What incentive do I have to adopt your bad opinion?

He definitely implied it. He didn't outright say it though.

The thing with the Dark Knight was that it had various set pieces that kept the viewer guessing and there were genuine surprises, like the Joker in the crowd, or Rachel being blown up (which was mind blowing for the love interest in a superhero film to just die like that).

BvS...it didn't click. We didn't need a plot for why Lois Lane was chasing the bullet. We didn't know why or how Lex Luther could create Doomsday, and there was barely any action to space the film out. Outside the opening scene, the Batman murdering people with his car (which stops awkwardly), the Senate blowing up then the final long climax, the film felt slow.

Let me put it this way. No matter how convoluted or "deep" the symbolism of BvS tried to have, the end result was just the heroes smashing the villain around. Where as in the Dark Knight Returns, the climax was that they couldn't find the Joker and there were bombs on these boats. When I saw the film the first time, I was convinced the Joker would win because they would reveal that each boat had their own detonators on them. The climax wasn't Batman stopping the Joker in a fist fight, it was about the survival of the people on those boats, and as we saw with Rachel dying, we were fully expecting the boats to blow up. THAT is why the Dark Knight is so riveting. It's one of the few times in the theater when I thought the villain was going to win.

>BvS...it didn't click.
In your opinion.
EVEN if you go with appealing to consensus, 1/4 of critics liked the movie.

The darkness works for Batman, but with other heroes Snyder is just asking to be flamed. BvS didn't have enough contrast between the two despite that Batman is more violent than usual.

But to be clear, you can do Superman and other heroes less lightly, many comics have proved that, but Snyder shouldn't be in charge.

>Where as in the Dark Knight Returns, the climax was that they couldn't find the Joker and there were bombs on these boats. When I saw the film the first time, I was convinced the Joker would win because they would reveal that each boat had their own detonators on them.
What in the sam hell?

You've got THREE stories confused here.
The OP's movie is The Dark Knight RISES, not Returns, and the events you are describing happen in The Dark Knight, not The Dark Knight Rises.

>and there was barely any action to space the film out. Outside the opening scene, the Batman murdering people with his car (which stops awkwardly), the Senate blowing up then the final long climax, the film felt slow.
This word is old hat, but you really are a pleb.

You'd stop wasting your time making pointless threads about how the guy with arguably the most power on this movie dindu nothing.

You'll find someone who likes anything out there, doesn't mean it's not a flawed product. I guarantee that the Dark Knight will be remembered longer than BvS will.

Again, what reason do I have to throw out my opinion and pick up yours?

I literally just told you.

Anybody that enjoyed even a moment of TDKR can blow their fucking brains out for having such shit taste.

>I guarantee that the Dark Knight will be remembered
But every time TDK comes up these day Sup Forums shits on it...
I like TDK. My point here is that Sup Forums is full of truly contrarian miserable asshats.

>But every time TDK comes up these day Sup Forums shits on it...
Bullshit.

Seeing as I still find my opinion more appealing than yours, i'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

You must not hang around here much.
Sup Forums currently thinks the Lego Batman movie is the best Batman movie in decades.

These are the type of people that hate BvS.

It's not even worth trying to convince people it's good anymore. They're brainless.

>This word is old hat, but you really are a pleb.

There's no form of argument I hate more then this horseshit.

Yes user, anyone who ever claims a movie is slow is a pleb who only likes explosions. It's actually functionally impossible for a movie to be too slow, I think I read that one in the Great List Of Movie Rules sent down by the Lord almighty.

Fuck you, you can like slower movies and still argue that a movie is too slow or poorly paced. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

>It's actually functionally impossible for a movie to be too slow
Of course not, but I didn't find BvS slow at all.

So making non-arguments like "well, not everybody hates it" and "its issues don't revolve solely around Snyder" (which are both arguing against a position that doesn't even exist) is appealing to you?
You can like the movie, hell you can like Snyder and Goyer, but you're wasting your own time by making these threads when you obviously don't have anything to actually say,

>BvS could be 2 hours and feel like 10 hours because it's a mindless, stupid CGI slugfest.
But it wasn't mindless at all and the CGI battles didn't come in until the last 3rd.

>You must not hang around here much.
I do though
>Sup Forums currently thinks the Lego Batman movie is the best Batman movie in decades.
I'm not seeing how that's shitting on TDK. Also not a hivemind yadda yadda.

>I'm not seeing how that's shitting on TDK.
I didn't say that that was what I was implying passed as shitting on TDK.
People here DO frequently lambast TDK, and if you spend any time here at all you'll have seen it.

>Again, you go and blame Snyder?
Yes.
He directed the damn thing. More competent directing would have allowed an hour less of film without losing a damn thing. His movies in general are longer than they need to be.

If he didn't make a three hour feature out of Batman and Superman's drama, there wouldn't be a need to snip it. But no matter what anyone says, you're going to keep grasping at ANY thread that it is not ENTIRELY Snyder's fault in order to try and force compliance with what you want to hear.

Snyder is not entirely at fault for the movie, no director is, but he does share the blame. Will you please stop being a baiting fuck now?

TDKR needed to be 2 movies

>at fault for the movie
>he does share the blame
Your language seems to imply that BvS is a bad film though.

TDKR is also a really shitty film though.

for you_________________________