Is there a better Batman film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JKh6LGHDwvc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Batman Begins

TDK 2008 is a flawless film beyond superficial nitpicks like Maggie being ugly so no.

First post, best post.

No, but bet your ass Sup Forums will say some animated movie was better

This is kino

This.

Although I agree with this as well.why did he have to ruin it with TDKR?

>why did he have to ruin it with TDKR?
TDKR is great tho.

This. More interesting thematically and more relevant regarding politics today than any of the other Batman films are.

No it isn't.

You may like it but it isn't great. It's hardly good. I'd take BvS and the bullshit it spawned 100 times for the next 100 years if it meant I never had to watch another TDKR.

Of course.

>and more relevant regarding politics today
No, that's definitely BvS.

I feel the same way about the prequels and TFA.

But the acting is literally painful. The dialogue is atrocious.

How can someone like this movie? You seriously think it's "better" than Begins or TDK? I understand enjoying it more but thinking it's better is just absurd.

Which way? That you'd take TFA 100 times or the other way around?

I worded my post poorly so I don't know which side you fall on.

But beyond Talia's weak death and a few badly filmed fights nothing was incompetent about TDKR.

It's a big contender.

Joker's plan and actions don't really stand up to any scrutiny but it's still the best despite that.

>the prequels
I'll never understand that whole movement.
I love the PT, and when I found out the world didn't if really baffled me.
A New Hope has a hackneyed plot and stock characters and bad dialogue and cheesy effects and everything too.

And yes, i've seen the Plinkett reviews.
I also think Star Trek Nemesis is a good film.

The original Batman movie is still unironically my favorite one.

>and more relevant regarding politics today

How

Why though?
What is the appeal of Batman '66 to someone who consumes a lot of Batman media?

are you dumb?

>What is the appeal of Batman '66 to someone who consumes a lot of Batman media?

Its great.

Pic related is the best Batman film. The Dark Knight is a fantastic film but it's not a Batman film. It's an excellent crime-thriller that happens to have Batman in it.

And of course I would forget the pic...

>and cheesy effects
No.
>I also think Star Trek Nemesis is a good film.
I dislike the prequels but I agree with you on this.
I actually like it more then First Contact but only because of...
> Annoying Data clone > Annoying earth of the past shenanigans...
But only slightly.

this

everything else is about the villains not Batman himself

>but it's not a Batman film

Fuck you. That's the most casual opinion anyone can have.

steals too much from this

>>and cheesy effects
>No.

>vaseline smeared on the lens to cover up car wheels
m8

No, fuck you.

dumb BTASposter

Batman Begins is mostly drawn from Year One. It's a hybrid of Year One and an original story.

>>>and cheesy effects
>>No.
>>vaseline smeared on the lens to cover up car wheels
>m8
I have only seen the 1997 special additions so that was never a problem for me.

TDK draws heavily from The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke.
You're just a dumb arrested development cartoonfag.

Just because I love cock doesn't make me a fag.

Well then you better thank Lucas, because he fixed that and many other shots thoughout the OT for the 97 versions.

Sometimes I wonder (I really mean this) if there's a link between sexual deviancy and arrested development.

I do, except for the Solo shooting thing, the 1997 versions are the ideal versions of the films, they genuinely improved some things without going stupid like the later special additions did.
Even CGI Jabba looks better then he did later on.

>scarecrow trying to poison Gotham's water system in the basement of Arkham Asylum
>original

I'm thinking there has to be.

>>scarecrow
*Ra's Al Ghul

Mask of the phantasm was a great Batman film what are you talking about? It's the only film that gives his character depth that isn't "muh dead parents".

>cartoonfag can't read
classic

I couldn't bare all the preachy dialogue. It feels like this movie was made to tell a message rather than a story.
Other than that, it's fine.

The League wouldn't be able to synthesize it without Scarecrow

I think the issue with trying to quantify what the best Batman film is, is that everyone has their own idea of what Batman should be. He's a cultural tour-de-force, and has come to represent a number of different ideas. What the "Real Batman" looks like to you probably isn't the same as what it looks like to the average comic fan from ten or twenty years ago, or the average, non-comic-reading moviegoer for that matter.

Is Batman at his best when he's depicted in a brutally realistic way, working alone in a world that might as well be ours, with the outlandish elements completely excised? Does he belong in a world that's a bit less grounded, with occasional hints of something beyond the norm creeping through? Or is Batman truly Batman when he completely embraces the most ridiculous aspects of his comic book origins, "young ward" Robin and all? Who's to say what the "right" Batman is, really?

All that said, I think TDK is probably the best "gritty realism" Batman film, and I think Batman Returns is probably the best "unabashedly comic-based" Batman film. I think they're both fantastic films, and neither one is the wrong way to depict the character.

Come to think of it, Under the Red Hood might be the only one that manages to pull off both aspects equally well, by virtue of being animated- but that's a double-edged sword, because no animated film is ever going to be considered a "real" Batman movie, regardless of how good it is.

Because it's an amazing movie.

And I prefer comical Batman.

When did Batman's origin story start including an angst ridden trip to East Asia where he learns ancient ninja kung fu to compensate for his dead parents? Because I don't remember that ever happening until about the mid 90s, and Iron Fist has me wondering if they stole it.

I'm not ashamed to say I haven't seen BTAS since I was a kid. Does Scarecrow's plan have any similarities to the League's plan in BB?

Kilmer and Affleck look the part the most.
With the suit on, I mean.

Learn to read.

This user knows what's up.
Reminded me of this video
youtu.be/JKh6LGHDwvc
The argument here is that Batman and Robin is a bad adpatation, but it isn't, it's a shitty movie in its own rights.

I wonder that too, but it's generally a relatively old trope so it's doubtful it comes from Iron Fist.

>poison Gotham's water supply with synthesized Scarecrow gas in the basement of Arkham and make Gotham a city of fear

it's not straight up plagiarism but you can't deny they have similarities

and if you're not ashamed to say you haven't seen BTAS since you were a kid why? it's dumb to disregard it as childish because it's a cartoon
BTAS is a great show and the best adaptation of Batman outside comics I mean not every episode is great but I don't see how you couldn't like it at least a little if you're a fan of Batman and his villains

Because the art direction and atmosphere are great, and it's got a good Joker, but many episodes are dull, and its fans just fellate it so much that i've lost interest.

And of course you realize the "microwave emitter" that's supposed to vaporize all the water is a reference to '66 Batman with the device that dehydrates people.

Because it's fun?

It doesn't take itself seriously but you still get exciting stories about supervillains plotting to blow up Gotham Harbor or whatever.

>And of course
Are you that sure?

Is it not that obvious?

I find things that are at least mildly serious to be more fun.

No.

Everyone forgetting the most obvious choice.

being that's part of a trilogy there were many problems. The first being that instead of doing what he said he would do at the end of TDK bruce just went into hiding. Then theres the "all the police are in the sewers" move. Then theres the fact that nobody noticed a massive dig happening underneath a city. then theres the fact that backs don't work like that. it was stupid in the comics and that was one of the few things they adapted semi-faithfully.

There was so much wrong with that movie that has nothing to do with being a Batman sperg. And that's not to say Batman really any good in it. It was Bale's weakest performance of the three.

BvS

Beauty and the beast already beat out BvS opening weekend user. try again

You're not allowed to have that opinion.

That sentence proves that people are morons and will flock to literally any garbage the hollywood jewish cunts put into theaters.

Is there a better film that happens to have Batman in it? Probably not.

>Batman 1989
>Mask of the Phantasm

Yes.

see

>"I finally understand... politics is about reaching out to people... touching them... GROPING them..."
The only difference is that when their equivalent of the Access Hollywood tape leaked, the people of Gotham had the good sense to run off the Penguin.

TIM BURTON'S GOTHAM CITY is full of less shitty people than IRL America.

>TIM BURTON'S GOTHAM CITY is full of less shitty people than IRL America.
That's why BvS is a better representation of American politics.

>inb4 because the movie is loud and stupid and orange

that's fine I just thought he was saying it was a worthless show which I think is objectively wrong even if a lot people subjectively overrate the show

I don't understand the whole "good movie that has Batman in it, but not a good Batman movie " shit. It's like those people haven't read anything than the usual entry tier stories.

It's a DCAU worshiping cartoonfag meme.

>inb4 because the movie is loud and stupid and orange
And because Doomsday is unleashed by an obnoxiously insane billionaire who wants to destroy Congress, with the aid of Russian agents.

that sentence proves more people were willing to pay to be entertained by a remake of an old movie than the launch of the DCEU combined universe

poopdick lookin' ass nigga

I've watched Batman Begins more times than TDK. There's just something about it that's really unique.

Hard to believe that movie came out in 2004. It's 10 times better than the trash they have out today.

I really think that's possibly the greatest comic book movie ever.

While I don't care for this kind of shit, I understand why people adore it. But I also think it's disingenuous to consider this or Phantasm as "films". And that's not to discredit them but just to frame the discussion.

I suppose that's OPs discussion to frame though.

>I really think that's possibly the greatest comic book movie ever.

It's not even better than Men in Black. Get some taste.

That's certainly an interesting opinion.

Not a joke.

Oh, so Batman Returns sucks?

Yeah, it's a pretty spot-on portrayal of the Clinton campaign.

>Hard to believe that movie came out in 2004

well duh it's because it came out in 05.

BvS

As much as people here foam at the mouth with hatred for it, BvS is the greatest depiction of the myth of DC on film so far.

pretty much, pham

I agree

BvS

The one with Adam West is unironically my favourite Batman movie.
Gloomfags can suck my ass.

I think Lego Batman easily outdoes it especially from the inherent metaphysical level present in every Lego Cinematic Universe movie.

>I think Lego Batman easily outdoes it
'no'
Those Lego movies don't even feel like Lego, they feel like pop culture hollywood pap.

Go play Lego Island or something for a taste of the real Lego vibe.

This game was incredible on playstation whatever it was at the time. I sampled the track they had for The indoor halfpipe. fucking synths were crazy.

That was introduced by Dennis O'Neil in the late 70s. O'Neil's always struck me as a very old school kinda fan of pulpy action, so he probably decided to give Batman a background in the martial arts for the same reason Iron Fist was created - because kung fu movies were super popular in the west, at least in NYC at the time.

That was introduced by Dennis O'Neil in the late 70s. O'Neil's always struck me as a very old school kinda fan of pulpy action, so he probably decided to give Batman a background in the martial arts for the same reason Iron Fist was created - because kung fu movies were super popular in the west, at least in NYC at the time.

this