Anthony Mackie Says Marvel TV and Movie Crossover Wouldn't Work At All:

>“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world. It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all.”

>Le AoS is canon
>le Netflix is canon

Sup Forums btfo!!

Other urls found in this thread:

screengeek.net/2017/03/19/anthony-mackie-says-marvel-tv-movie-crossover-wouldnt-work/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source

screengeek.net/2017/03/19/anthony-mackie-says-marvel-tv-movie-crossover-wouldnt-work/

JUST

>Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world.

As the same movie?

Actors don't make those kinds of decisions. Especially not supporting cast.

A McDonald's cook has no say in what McDonald's as a company does with the brand or even understanding of a direction they may be headed

I don't care. I just want that fucking Punisher series.

mcu movies look like a tv show though

The coulson defense force is here I see, top cuck

Face it Fiege will never let it happen lel

>It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all

Breaking news. StreetLevel (and slightly enhanced) vs Super level NEVER worked,

It didn't work on Marvel and it didn't work on DC, we've been saying it for decades.

At least MCU got that right and kept both apart. Except Captian America, but is better than nothing.

Mackie knows whats up, those Sup Forums cucks are never getting those sweet marvel bucks

It's a polite way of saying they're shit.

Personally I am satisfied with the hints and references even though it is quite one sided, it wouldnt really make sense if Iron man and Daredevil would crossover for example..

>Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe
All about Iron Man and Bucky Barnes?

what's that 11 people now saying they aren't connected?

Spidey's street level.

mackie might regret saying that. i could see disney forcing him to cameo on the netflix shit since he's not a major player.

I'd say Spidey is way above street level, he and his villains are some tiers above that let's say people like Batman or Daredevil.

Even the most "powerful" Batman individuals are pretty small tire compared with Spidey's villains.

We've seen Daredevil fight with Spiderman of course, and as I said, it was as retarded as Batman fighting cosmic threats. It never worked well.

With hundreds of cuts every second and shitty, shitty pale colour correction.

Characters have appeared in both.

lol Mackie doesn't know what he's saying.

>Even the most "powerful" Batman individuals are pretty small tire compared with Spidey's villains

Lizardman can lift 10 tons, Killer croc can barely lift a car and that in the issues he is depicted stronger than usual.

Idk man, the Tom Holland version, which is the one we're talking about here since MCU, seems bretty street level to me. Then again all we have is Civil War so idk

>different universe

Please tell me this was a mistake on Mackie's part and not a new canon development

The Netflix shows always reference the New York attack in the first Avengers movie so how is it not canon part of the same universe?

Captain America isn't "street level"

>Characters have appeared in both.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Coulson, Fury and Maria Hill. I can't think of a single TV character appearing in the movies though.

In civil war he shows to be quite strong IMO, with almost zero experience he faced pretty easly Falcon and Bucky even Cap, who only managed to distract him

In the MCU he got a certain degree of super-strengh, but still, I'd say its inside the limits of what we usually consider "street level".

Spidey is definately street level,him and daredevil even share rogues a little interaction between the street guys wouldn't be so absurd

That's exactly my point, and why I said it never worked, in comics we always had people like Daredevil that can't lift a bike standing on the same point that people like Spiderman that can thow a truck.

So we are used to it

I think is a good idea not mixing people with none (or small tier powers) with people that are Super-super

Batman's villains are more competent.

I guess I consider it more of a matter of what kind of threats they regularly face. You don't see Cap stopping bank robbers and drug dealers.

>Lizardman

So it has to crossover to be canon?

If the current Green Lantern book doesn't crossover with the current Batman book, Batman is no longer canon?

One universe taking and borrowing from another is using the canon, but it's fluid, it's not hard. All the movie stuff has happened in the TV worlds, but all the TV stuff isn't connected to the movie world. It's a one way trickle down canon.

I think the Street level vs not depends more on context of threat than context of power.

Daredevil is protecting his little corner of NY, he'll do some stuff outside of there as needed, but he doesn't care much about what goes on outside his neighborhood.

Spidey protects NY total. Problem takes place outside of NY? Unless its one of Spidey's villains or a team-up situation, its not something he deals with.

Daredevil and Spidey aren't taking on World ending threats, they're fighting day-to-day supercrime that affects the people around them.

So they're street level. They have a lot of crossover in their villains, cause some stuff you can't stop by just punching really hard. There are few Spidey villains that I couldn't see DD going toe-to-toe with.

If they contradict each other, they're not in the same continuity.

If they reference each other, they are in the same continuity.

If they neither reference or contradict each other, its up to your headcanon.

I want the Netlfix shows to be canon but I hope the movies never reference AoS.

don't they reference each other though?
DD s1 definitely makes a comment about the Avengers (vaguely), and they use the same terminology about the Avengers movie in the films and the shows, referring to it as "the incident"

plus some of the movie cast appearing in AoS

Yes but as points out its all one way. The shows reference the movies but the shows have never referenced the shows (to my knowledge).

Underrated post

kek

>The shows reference the movies but the movies have never referenced the shows (to my knowledge)

Is what I meant to say

>don't they reference each other though?

Netfilx series reference the movies, but the movies don't reference the shows directly. There's a few implications, such as in Civil War Vision mentions there has been an increasing number of powered individuals, and obviously he isn't referring to The Avengers but he also doesn't name Luke Cage or anyone from Netflix specifically. Also some people have made the connection that the Helicarrier at the end of Age of Ultron is the same Helicarrier which was featured in an Agents of SHIELD story arc, because in the film Nick Fury said something about it being a favor from "a friend", but again he didn't name drop Coulson or anyone from television.

Not like i care, but kek, he is not even a lead actor

>Spidey protects NY total
Spiderman is mostly in Manhattan pal.

this is stupid, characters with different tones hang out all time time in real super-hero comics, are they making a cinematic comic universe or no

what are they afraid of

What should we call the Agents of SHIELD/Netflix universe if it's not MCU then?

it is MCU but they wont crossover

>Anthony Mackie Says

Like anyone wanted to see a Falcon crossover

>Breaking news. StreetLevel (and slightly enhanced) vs Super level NEVER worked,
Spider-Man

I don't expect the TV shows and movies to cross over directly. But that's not the same as saying they don't exist in the same universe. They do. The movies may never acknowledge anything that happens in the shows, but the shows regularly reference the movies. Colson was in the movies from Iron Man. Nick Fury appeared on Agents of SHIELD. Sif appeared on Agents of SHIELD. The same Hydra appeared on Agents of SHIELD. The Netflix shows referenced the heroes from the Marvel movies and referred to the Battle of New York. The carnage from that battle was the whole excuse Wilson Fisk had for rebuilding the city in Daredevil. I could go on, but clearly the movies are canon to the TV shows. The movies will probably never reference the TV shows, but that doesn't mean they are in different universes, just that the folks at Marvel know that the audience is less likely to have seen a TV show and understand the reference than they are to have seen the last blockbuster Marvel movie. They don't want to leave anyone confused.

Marvel wants fans to believe the movies and tv shows are connected because it makes fans happy. The Netflix shows still make a point of referencing "the Incident" (aka Avengers 1), and the movies have gone out of their way to make sure no more big battles take place in New York so they stay out of the shows way.

But the realities of Hollywood business practices and politics means there will never be a true crossover between the tv characters and the movie characters. All Mackie did was accidentally speak a truth that everyone is trying to pretend isn't true.

Whatever else you think about how DC is handling things, at least they were honest right from the start: TV and movies can't crossover because of too many real-world complications, and they decided there was no point in pretending otherwise.

Batmans villians only work because he doesnt have powers and plays along with their games
if Ridler tried to blow up a hospital by some shitty riddle with Spidey in charge he can expect him at his doorstep with the bomb disarmed

Bingo

The only character less interesting than Black Widow

It can work if done properly. Have some fucking vision.

If Joker was obsessed with Spider-man he likely have a stroke in the numbing rage of how difficult it would be to both stop him and get him to play his games.

>Daredevil and Spidey aren't taking on World ending threats,

Spidey has taken cosmic level threats

also the most important factor
>different budgets
squeezing out something comparable to the movies with only a fraction of the budget and 3x+ the screentime won't produce the same results

Sif, Dr. List and Sitwell were all in more than one AoS episode.

if theres one thing Joker hates its someone upstaging him
something wich Spidey does best

not in MCU tho

...therefore it's not canon.

Spidey''s powerset qualifies him to be way way way above street level, but because he insists on always backing the little guy and has the whole dumb no-kill rule, he's collected dozens of nobodies in his rogue gallery like batman has who are wayyyy beneath him.

If spiderman got morality inverted like sabertooth, he could just go down the list and kill every single villain in his rogue''s gallery in one day. He's like the Flash in that regard, his villains keep coming back because he allows them to rather than because he can't. Most versions if Batman wouldn't be able to casually deal with Ra''s al ghul, the joker, killer croc, mr. Freeze and the Court of Owls in one day.

Spiderman's powers let him dance around the Hulk and manhandle captain America and Iron Man. He's just such a goody two shoes he can never make it out of Manhattan

idk man I agree to an extent but that seems a little exaggerated. I don't think spidey could handle doc ock, venom, carnage all in the same day. Granted that they're not all normally active at the same time, but same goes for Batman

What if everything is canon until proven otherwise?

He could kill Doc Ock really easily if he was willing.

Already been proven otherwise.

They're not afraid, the logistics just aren't there. TV schedules and movie schedules are hard to align. The way each one is written and shot. The movies have way more time, there's only been 2 a year since 2013. Usually different enough in scale and setting they don't conflict.

Trying to do some kind of substatial cross over for say, spider-man and the defenders? That has to be hard. Defenders started filmed after spider-man wrapped and is likely being released before spider-man. I mean, who knows, maybe spider-man cameos, but will the defenders cameon in spider-man? It would be cameo at best too, idk, it could happen one day, but at the moment looks like it's too much of a fight between Feige and Ike......and lets not forget Avi is a little shit too.

Who
Cares?

Some of his villains are just too stupid to use their god like powers. Electro and Sandman are incredibly strong. Spider-man just always out smarts them.

Mysterio also is a genius, the things he's made and done, expert in every field he works in, but they can't have him win, that's absurd apparently.

Not YET.

Was actually there at Wizard World Cleveland (where he said it, one of the articles said he told a website but it was just a panel)

He was probably just joking. Anthony Mackie's entire panel was him ribbing the audience since the first two fucks asked him about infinity war

I don't see any compelling arguments, just him saying "no, nope, not gonna happen, it doesn't work, nope"

But this falls apart when you consider most of the people with powers on the tv shows are significantly more powerful than some of the mcu avengers

spider man is street level by choice.
He is beyond street level in power, but he likes his city.

It wouldn't be so hard to have Easter eggs though. Like someone reading an article/newspaper about Daredevil or something. The characters don't have to say anything, just have small things in the background to let people know that they exist.

This post is important