Which is better?

Which is better? Start Vs The Forces Of Evil or Steven Universe.
Begin the war

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0IY9cD3Bg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kind of like both, actually.

I tried watching Steven and I could not get over how annoying the little shit was, dropped it. Star was WAY easier to get into.

Star, like cuckoldry, is for the thinking man
Steven is for autistic man children afraid of growing up

Star.

>Actual character development
>Actual stakes
>Actual lore
>An actually decent hero

Reminder Steven is 14 and still acts like that

I cunt wait for Star to go the way of AT and SU on this board.

Star VS
It actually has payoff to its build up
Also
Toffee >>>>>>Diamonds

This is great. I actually like both. But lately I've been leaning towards Star more

Steven acts like an 8 year old

>Which is better? Start Vs The Forces Of Evil or Steven Universe.
The one whose showrunner has the story mapped out and is progressing towards its conclusion, whose storyboarders are not trying to inject their personal problems into the show, whose characters are drawn consistently on-model, and whose demographic is not reflected by how much merchandise it has at Hot Topic.

>ifunny
oh come on

I don't watch either, but I've seen a few episodes of both, they aren't even comparable. SU is shit, Star Vs is pretty good and fun. And my mom thinks so too, you can trust her.

Steven doesn't act like a 14 years old.

Steven acts like 6 at his very best. Not even old enough to pass the Sally Anne test.

>Steven Universe
>Fat, ugly, melted looking or otherwise badly proportioned characters
>Uncreative world building (Beach City, Gem Homeworld, The Cluster)
>shitty voice acting
>fanfiction.net tier melodramatic writing
>cross-dressing episode that was cringey as fuck
>jokes are never funny
>no villains

>Star Vs the Forces of Evil
>great character design
>exceptional worldbuilding rivaling that of Avatar
>crossdressing episode was actually funny
>the jokes are mostly great, only a few misses
>great voice acting
>actually threatening villains
>a plot that feels like its going somewhere

Its a disservice to Star to be compared to a piece of shit like SU to be quite honest. SU should be compared to something like nuPPG or Bunsen is a Beast.

>Steven acts like 6 at his very best
Pretty much this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0IY9cD3Bg

I like SU and have seen every episode. I have only ever seen Star episode 1. With this information I must say Star is better.

>Star, like cuckoldry, is for the thinking man

Fuck you, you made me laugh

I'm ending the war, svtfoe wins

SU is brony MLP teir

Has anyone in this thread said SU is better?

Is this a shit on SU thread?

I'm gonna have to go with Steven Universe on this one, at least as of now. Mainly based off the larger number of great episodes the show has had.

Season 1 of Star Vs. only had about 3 top-tier episodes while the rest were pretty forgettable. Season 2 has been a real improvement. I'll probably go with Star Vs, depending if the quality of the show keeps improving like it has been and it shows in the next batch of episodes.

Meanwhile SU is on a decline in quality, and the storytelling has gotten even messier lately.

Steven isn't a man. He is a feminised cuck that no real women would want to have as a partner.

Okay.

I loved both in 2015, but as of 2016, Steven Universe started getting a slight drop in quality.

So at the moment, Star Vs is my favorite I still like both, but if Steven continues to go downhill, Star has my vote

I've watched SU from the beginning and at one point it was really hype and awesome, but recently it's fallen off so hard while at the same time Star vs has really picked up and is getting intense lore-wise and plot-wise. The drama and character development is leagues better than SU as well.

And it gets way better after like 6 episodes when they tone down the randumb humor and start with D E E P E S T L O R E.

>Star, like cuckoldry, is for the thinking man

>14
>never masturbated

No he doesn't.

The show has just fallen on its face recently. The cluster was just brushed off, Peridot went from being a mysterious villain to a dolt (don't get me wrong I still like her, she's just incredibly less interesting), Jasper used to be an ever looming evil force, now she's bubbled and ignored. There used to be theories, stuff about bismuth. Well bismuth turned up, did her thing, then guess what? Got brushed off.The cluster was just "power of love'd" out of the plot. Even the big reveal with blue diamond was disappointing. Oh, she's just another character who is crying. As if we don't have enough of those. I mean, I still watch the show, and I'm still hopeful it will pick up and be as good as it used to be. But as of right now, it's looking pretty shit.

No he acts like a child much younger than 14, like a 6 year old who hasn't even discovered self pleasure because he's "SO PURE OMG".

Star vs because I can actually masturbate to the characters in it.

The problem is you now know how it'll end. Steven convinces YD that earth is great and humans and gems should live in peace and love together. YD agrees and sings with him.

Star Vs. showed the villain eating parts a fellow sentient being. You have no idea what could happen next.

saved

Apples and oranges.

Steven Universe is a show trying to act as a window for kids to see themselves and to see and understand relationships of all stripes (family, friendly, romantic, hateful, etc.). It's usually shat on here by people who forgot that the majority of S1 had nothing to do with space aliens or fighting empires and want the show to change to match what they want it to be, rather than remember what it is and has been.

Star vs., meanwhile, is trying to tell a story in a semi-serial format with drama, where the point is drawing people in by peeling back layers of mystery and revealing an unexpectedly broader world and its conflicts, while periodically including episodes meant to entertain separately of this--though lately it's looking more like even these 'filler' episodes serve to enhance the plot and themes of the current arc. It's not really trying to act as a mirror for kids to see their own experiences in, or to try and teach empathy.

I prefer Star, myself, but if I had to pick between them while babysitting my young niece and nephew, it'd be Steven Universe.

Parallel cowboy universe Star when?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now that looks like a good blowjob giving mouth

Eh, 6/10. I barely REEEE'd
Needs more wacky hair color.

It already did the moment they removed Ferguson and Alfonzo. What was the point of rewriting Marco as a friendless ballet shoes wearing loser whose only friend is a autistic alien?

>wanting Ferguson and Alfonzo back
They were one of the worst things in the show back in Season 1, they work better as background characters

they made perfect sense to have in S1, and just as much sense to move to the side in S2

No. That's why its unlike shitty SU or AT. They don't keep vomiting characters in and doing nothing with them. They will AXE THEM if necessary. Something that shows refuse to do. If it doesn't work, take it out. Adding extra characters to SU didn't help shit, it only made it even more disjointed, and it spread out bad writing and poor consistency across even MORE characters.

Star made is simple and removed what didn't work. SU said, oh, lets add more characters since we've already horribly mismanaged the ones we had.

Same thing with AT and Finn's fucking awful luck and shitty attitude with every girl he's ever been interested in. Adding more characters in is EXACTLY what the simpsons were making fun of with the Poochie episode. The answer isn't to add more if something isn't working. That just makes a shitty show even shittier.

Star>SU

>SU said, oh, lets add more characters since we've already horribly mismanaged the ones we had
"We want the Homestuck audience"

So how does both of these compare to Gumball?

SU still sits at the bottom.

I think Bunsen is a Beast is decent for what it sets out to accomplish, personally

>implying SU doesn't have cuckqueans too.

Alfonzo was a waste of Chapman's voice talent, and Feruson was far

Wasn't there a huge tumblr freakout over this comic?

probably

-too fat for my liking

Fuck tumblr

I forget, does the Pink Haired Girl episode happen before or after Greg becomes a multimillionaire. Depending on the answer, the comic becomes a lot more or less plausible.

This

But they still ARE in the series. They just havent had any episodes lately with them. They were in the recent comics which takes place almost mid season 2

Well I have watched all the current episodes of both series and i have to say this. I like both series. One does things better than the other with certain stuff and vice versa. But overall I think i like Star vs a lot more. It took a lot less episodes for me to get really into it.

If I remember right, one person tried to make this some thing about "ruining LGBT relationship" or something. S/he was promptly shouted down by a bunch of others.

Star vs the Forces of Evil is way better.

kek

This person on Tumblr said it is so I obviously agree.

I kinda slacked off the show. The most I hear is that it's okay. Is it just shitposting?

SvFoE is the best cartoon airing right now.

There is a tumblr freak out happening RIGHT NOW

Over what?

i like SU and i hate star vs
i hate the characters i hate the comedy and i dont see whats the fucking lore in it

Wasn't Sup Forums shitting on Star vs episode 1? What made you like it?

you sound like a faggot with shit taste.

I really liked SU until it got all progressive.
At least star doesn't have lezbot main characters.
Background gayness is okay with me.
DESU I don't care what fags do, as long as they don't bother me. Kinda like cockroaches.

Generally as a show, I feel like SU will be able to air longer than Star because it doesn't really have any need to go anywhere.
However Star has villains, and direction, and a bunch of things that point towards an end (like starco)
I still prefer Star b/c it's a more entertaining and well made show overall, but it has already quantified itself, thereby limiting new possible episodes and directions for the show to take, since instead of going off into infinite tangents, it can only take place in a finite place. Which I think is exactly what the creators were trying to avoid by doing the whole multiverse scissors thing, but the character interaction and development kind of got in the way of that.

Fucking heteronormality

To be fair, season 2 both took away characters and created more ones. Some new comers were good, like the magic high council, while others were completely useless such as the talking dog, Mina, the weird bag lady, or Comet Pizza Thing.

While I know Brittney isn't popular here because "wah alpha girl cliche", it was actually refreshing to have at least one character on Earth who didn't worship Star and called her out on her shit.

jesus christ

Mina was good though.

I quit after the the first line of the post after the iron man gif

I never knew tumblr even had comments there

He clearly meant, damn, Steven acts like *THAT*

>Comet Pizza Thing
w-what

>character development
wait
where?

I used to love Steven U but season three was awful and season four is even worse. The characters have begun to irritate me, I'm constantly disappointed in the writing decisions, and in general I've just started to hate it. It makes me sad. I haven't watched Star VS but I can tell it has a big high school drama element to it which is a huge turn on off for me, so I can't say for sure, but I doubt any of its seasons are better than the first season of SU.

> it has a big high school drama element
nah

>start vs
tism tickled.

Surprisingly little drama.
DESU I was kinda worried about the same thing, but I gave it a shot and now I love it.

Frankly, I wouldn't allow my children to watch Steven Universe.

What have I started?

That explains a lot. Thank you

Interesting how she put her hair in ponytails immediately before taking that position. Animators know exactly what they're doing.

can someone give me the rundown on these two?

>talking dog, Mina, the weird bag lady, or Comet Pizza Thing.
Including one-off-ers.

I'll always like Steven Universe more then Star Vs.
I never liked Star that much from the beginning and I admit it's an okay show, but Steven Universe is much more entertaining to me. I know a majority of Sup Forums hate it for reasons beyond me, but I don't care, Sup Forums hates everything. I don't know what's so bad about a protagonist that's good at heart but still acts like a child.

Star is superior in every way and does what SU wants to do with no effort. To even compare the two would be like comparing shit and a diamond.

Spread the L on that "Ifunny" thing of yours

a lot of people call out the horrendous character off-drawings, long trips of filler with little pay off, sugars writing style (the one about learning consent is the first thing that comes to mind).
It set itself up to be from what I could tell would be an interesting show, but turned into a lackluster shitshow that was just as preachy as evangelicals, little to know plot or real character development, 2 things I thought I was gonna get from the pilot on.
Like it all you want, I just can't because of all the lowballing shit that goes on.