What's the name of that wandering sword fighter who's spent years trying to kill an elusive, otherworldly enemy?

What's the name of that wandering sword fighter who's spent years trying to kill an elusive, otherworldly enemy?

He never finds him, but is constantly killing his minions. Also he's haunted by the ghosts of those he's killed and failed to save. Oh and a mysterious figure on a horse appears to him.

A shitty meme ripoff of the bye bye man meme.

Ronin

bushido brad

Ninja Nate

Seppuku Sam

Michael Tanner

Shinobi Jones

Nasu tamago

Shogun Mitch

Mymirdon Mike

I should also mention that this character is trapped in the current of fate. He literally cannot succeed.

Knight Matsumoto

Actually... his name is Jack.

Close. He has a first name but not a last.

Paladin Pete

Intestines?

I always wondered why his name was Jack, I mean it's cool and all don't get me wrong... but as a samurai warrior you would think it would be something more traditional Japanese like Heero.

Well, some random folks gave him that name, and he just took it as his own. Legit.

>They call me Jack
And that was literally explained in the second episode

As for meta-reasons it's a nice clash of styles, as is the entire series

That's what ghetto aliens called him in the first episode, so he sort of just stuck with it.

Smart thing to do. If you're a wanted man, you probably wouldn't want to use your real name in public anyway.

Ninja Jim

Nippon Ned.

Guts

ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

No one translated this?

Well Tamago means egg.

Gerald of Riviera

Attempt at a Jack general...

ok now you're just shitposting

Don't advertise in my thread.

>Heero
>Heh-eh-row

Nigger, what?

Wouldn't it be ヒロ ?

>mfw these parallels are 100% intentional and in the season finale Aku takes Jack and the army of past friends he's united against him down into the pit of hate and slaughters them all with his legions of demonic minions, then rapes Ashi in front of Jack until Green Knight arrives

Yeah, "Hiro" (hee-row).

Link

No. Just no.

swordsman joe

Guts

Or was it Nick of Rivia?

GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS

Ashigaru Alex

>Gerald

It'spronounced Geralt.