Major Action Comics #976 Spoilers

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/20/major-action-comics-976-spoilers-means-dc-universe-rebirth-superman-lois-lane/

Not really any spoiler there, exactly what everyone assumed would happen.

That's pretty much what was expected.

Man, Bleeding Cool was hyping how controversial Action Comics #976 would be, I was afraid they would kill Jon or something like that.

Fucking dumbasses.

Who are the guys beneath Eradicator and Doomsday?

Might as well post it here so no one else has to click

The blond looks like Ulysses from Johns' new 52 run to me?

It's nice to at least have it confirmed, I guess.

Can we finally say that Reborn arc is a massive let down now?

From Prime hype to...this...

What's the name of that telepath guy who was locked in the fortress of sollitude until last issue? The one that was freed by henshaw

>Ulysses
Thought so too. Guess that means he's going to show up again

This was always the best case scenario. Superbook crossovers are notoriously horrible. If it's just "ok" then that's better than expected.

Oh look, Bleeding Cool spoiling stuff for views again. We know you post this Rich, you didn't even put it on the front page

>No Livewire
>No Silver Banshee

So DC is keeping Superman and Lois Lane married with a kid for the foreseeable future? I wonder why they're suddenly OK with this. This is quite a shake-up to the status quo.

I hope someone uses Phantom King eventually even though he's not there.

I wasn't hyped after how disappointed the multiverse arc was so I can't say I was let down and actually expected to not live up.

I dunno. I liked it. It was fast, it gave us some sweet scenes and nice art and a bit of the rebirth scheme.

Silver Banshee is under Doomsday between Braniac and Uylsses

SUPERGIRL #10

"Escape from the Phantom Zone" part two! The Phantom King holds all the cards, and he's forcing Supergirl and Batgirl to turn to the alien antagonist in order to save themselves and the humans trapped inside the Phantom Zone.

Thank you based god

>No Batman or any other hero
I guess Superman only cares about his enemies, his parents and the people of the Daily Planet

Forgot the cover sempai

Nothing with Batman will change. WW is kind of the only one that should be there but it might be hard to show that they didn't fuck in one panel without dialogue.

Prime was always too big for a four-issue, done in a month story.

I think suddenly is an odd way to state it. Pre-Flashpoint I don't think they were against it really since Chris had it written in to the end of his arc that he could come back if someone wanted to write him back (and then he actually did return). And in the new 52 upper management didn't want to rush the classic pairings probably because they wanted to double dip on the getting together arcs.

This was my thought as well. I don't think anyone but Johns would be writing him.

Oh. I was trying to figure out who that was. Thanks user

DO I SEE A SOMEWHAT CLASSIC LOOKING JIMMY OLSEN

You know, I was thinking of the same thing.

"Lois and Clark have a son" is a fucking big thing.

Multiverse was the truth letdown and while I was and I am for Prime Time I am ok with the way they handle.

Is really a nice recon and was well done.

If you mean the top panel that's definitely Lex since it's Lana and Clark in high school. Jimmy is in the one at the bottom, which is good because he's not supposed to look like a fucking nerd. He's supposed to be kind of cool.

he is a little scrawny.....oh well

It certainly explains all those visions of Super-Luthor going bad, despite current Prime Earth Luthor genuinely trying to be a good (if ambitious) guy.

New Earth Luthor was a fucking menace, ready to sacrifice universal happiness just because it'd mean that Superman would leave happily too. If the two are merged, Luthor's pride will overtake him once again.

Well really it's "Lois and Clark have a pre-teen with superpowers"

We get to skip most of the boring parts of comic characters having kids

It could be Pete

I recognize the obvious (Lex, Brainiac, Zod, Bizarro, Darkseid, Doomsday, Parasite, Metallo, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, Mxyzptlk)
I also see Imperiex, Toyman, Ulysses?, is that fucking Riot?

Nah, Lex is known for having red hair.

What does this mean for nu 52 luthor? And id there two bizarros now? Does this mean chinese superman gets a new past?

Lana was never a superwoman?

Thats pre flashpoint metallo there. I guess two dooomsdays exist.

Superwoman itself suggested that not much would change for Lana. They might just change it so that the powers were temporary and she and Lois both lost them or something.

Let's start compiling a list of Rebirth questions, answers, and theories, Sup Forums, because I feel like we're going to need it.

About Superman:
Who split Supes and why?
Who is Mr. Oz and what does he want?
Why is he capturing Superman villains?
How does Doctor Manhattan fit into all this?

Other:
Why are there three Jokers?
What's going on with Saturn Girl?
What happened to Ray Palmer?
How did the button get to the Batcave?

Feel free to add anything

I could see them getting a different origin. The superman red exploding can never happen now in history.

3 jokers either is a glitch or unfused versions.

>Why are there three Jokers?

pretty sure this is just that the others leaked out as time attempted to correct itself due to Manhattan's interference, but I guess it could also be part of the Snyder event instead

Did that faggot Rich really not give the money shot on the next page?

He had some Oz stuff too, what do you consider the money shot?

Add this one about Superman.
When were Lois and Clark split, actually?

Because I currently don't get when it was.

Well, this particular memory is going to be awkward

explain

Lol. No.
>Single unified Superman.
>Superbro didn't die.
>Lois and Clark are still married.
>Jon is still there which mean's we'll still have Superdad.
>Clark has now always been the Superman of this world.
>also, dat costume.
I was all for the multiversal drama and reproving of himself to the Earth 0 community but this is better than I hoped I'd get.

Did the two loises fuse?

Nice they keep nu 52 zod and uylleses.

here. Also:

>Why is he capturing Superman villains?
Not only villains, unless Drake was going to turn into one.

obviously that would just be before they got together if it's even still canon, I don't remember that guy even being mentioned after like 2013ish

>>Superbro didn't die.
might as well have as pretty much all of his stories are pretty much retconned now.

Starting from the upper left then going clockwise, it ends with Jon telling Lois to look. It's totally going to be the reveal of pic related on the next page.

Won't exist anymore.

You could say the same about Superdad as well with the exception of of what was shown. They both did and didn't happen. It's supposed to be a merge of both at the cost of what both did on their own.

>He comes back from limbo and swears revenge on superman for having been retconned out of existance
>His only crime was getting pussy

Should have kept new 52 Metallo tbqh

This is like saying that pre-Flashpoint Superman isn't the same as post-COIE Superman just because his past got altered like 3 times. The stories are still mostly there.

He is going to have only two costumes. That one and the modied jim lee one with no lines, collar, lone sleeves, classic logo always existing and the old cape over the triangle cape with black logo.

Seriously, will DC ever stop mucking up it's continuity?
I've started reading between Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis, and it was fairly easy to understand how COIE unified the earths, but Zero Hour was a pretty unnecessary event IMO
Infinite Crisis brought even more changes and 52 earths, and it would be fine if they left it at that
Fucking Flashpoint then restarted everything from scratch, Convergence was another useless clusterfuck, and now this
Sometimes I fucking hate this company
I can't even imagine a new reader trying to understand all this shit

Mahnke is looking a lot better on this page than his previous Rebirth stuff

What was the goddamn point of all this gahbage? All it did was make things more complicated!

>mucking up
You sure seem to have mispelled "streamlined." Might have misspelled "simplified" as well.

>Why are there three Jokers?
There aren't. Batman was just confused by media reports of Joker pretenders (one was already killed by Harley Quinn).

The question he asked was "What is the Joker's true name?"

"There are three" doesn't answer that question. Unless Batman is not telling something, or misheard the answer.

dun dun duuuun

Alexander Luthor.

The answer was probably something handwavey like "Which one? There are three." And Batman was too dumb to followup.

Was it confirmed in HQ? Because I wouldn't touch that book even with a stick

Maybe just the event won't exist, not the person.

Tom king confirmed the fake one in harleys book isn't one of them.

It's quite obivious batmans timeline will be altered later.

Best outcome really and it insures Superbro wasn't a fake so I'm happy.

Learn to take pictures, Rich, you absolute retard.

he wasn't a fake but all of his stuff has been stuffed down a retcon hole which is gay as fuck

It's several one of the deboots coming. Wally inserted himself back in and his titan history.

Who knows what reverse flash will do or the 3 jokers thing.

Some of his stuff exist. Few villians, few events.

Well, good thing people can go into the hole and dig up whatever they need if needed

>Linking directly to Bleedingtool
Pastebin that shit nigga

eat my dick ya asshole

That always happens to main universe Superman, just means he is now even more legitimate than before

Fuck off shill, go shill your clickbait ass-site to reddit.

That was... anticlimactic.

Superbro and Lois should have kissed during the fusion. instead of standing around looking dumb.

after you eat his dick feel free to lick my ass you mouth breather

Who's to say they didn't they remembered Jon and were hugging him they could have kissed right after that.

fuck this is confusing, so does Morrison's Action Comics count still? The splash page says it is memories of two but nothing about that splash page besides two of the villains indicate anything about new 52 superman.

No I'm saying during the actual fusion. They just stand around being boring.

Morrison's Action run was barely even canon in the new 52 after he left.

I would like them to use Lois's niece though just to give Jon someone to hang out with who isn't Damian.

nah dude like most stuff morrison writes it'll be properly ignored since he moved on

he rarely gets any of his stories to stick these day, batman notwithstanding

Plenty of other stuffs exist.

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here. All of Superdad's efforts to save his enemies from being supervillains has failed (As we see with Henshaw being a Cyborg again) and fucking Mongul is back! When the fuck is he gonna take back Warworld

It's Superdad's fault for allowing himself to be split in two.

It better be. The whole timeframe for the robins is a mess right now.

Yeah sucks that some of the ones where Superbro was successful were undone yet his failure (Ulysses) is there

I forgot what happened to new 52 Mongul though. It was during a Batman/Superman annual right?

They could have kissed right after that page to make the merger fully complete since you still seem them as their New 52 selves

I never seen it as a mess. Tim was never a robin but red robin. Dick started at 16 now instead of early teens.

Damian came later. Jason was robin for a short while then died.

Spoiler never was a robin.

>Tim was never a robin but red robin.
this has always been a lazy bullshit copout and everyone knows it

Can we all just be honest for a second, regardless if we like pre flashpoint or not and admit this was a stupid way to handle things?

They could have explained this better.

Not really.

>How did the button get to the Batcave?
More importantly, why did Bruce just get up and start breaking down a random part of the Batcave?

Yes really

They showed the button coming in during the DCU Rebirth one-shot when Wally was in the cave. It came through the speed force.

No more farm then?