Marvel solicits are coming out

Marvel solicits are coming out
DEFENDERS #1

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)

Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS

Variant Cover by DAVID MACK

Variant Cover by RON LIM

Young Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG

Kirby 100th Anniversary Variant Cover by JACK KIRBY

Hip-Hop Variant Cover by TBA

Blank Variant Cover also available

Daredevil! Luke Cage! Jessica Jones! Iron Fist! Individually, these four heroes have been on the front lines of the battle to keep the streets of the city safe and secure! But now, with a deadly enemy from the dim past making a major move to unite the underworld, they will need to become more — they will need to become DEFENDERS! Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez unite to bring you the next great super-team, in the tradition of NEW AVENGERS!

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

DEFENDERS #2

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) * DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY SIMONE BIANCHI

Battle lines are being drawn across the entire eastern seaboard, as the Defenders desperately try to shut down the new kingpin of New York before he becomes untouchable!
32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

DAREDEVIL #21

CHARLES SOULE (W) • GORAN SUDZUKA (A)

Cover by DAN PANOSIAN

MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS

NEW STORY ARC “SUPREME” BEGINS!

• MATT MURDOCK has a bold new plan to eradicate crime in New York City using the massive power of the LEGAL SYSTEM!

• But does this mean he’ll have to give up being DAREDEVIL?

• GUEST-STARRING Luke Cage and Echo!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL #22

CHARLES SOULE (W) • GORAN SUDZUKA (A)

Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.

“SUPREME” CONTINUES!

• It’s the biggest case of MATT MURDOCK’s career. But in order to win it…

• …DAREDEVIL will have to take the witness stand!

• Be here for the turning point that will kick off the next big phase of the Man Without Fear’s career!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

If they change Jessica's hair color one more fucking time

LUKE CAGE #2

DAVID F. WALKER (W) • NELSON BLAKE (A)

Cover by RAHZZAH

Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

A BROKEN CAGE!

• There’s a war brewing in New Orleans…and Luke is right in the middle of it!

• Luke recovers from a brutal attack with the help of a VERY unsuspected ally!

• Luke Cage will put body and soul on the line to learn the truth about Dr. Burstein. He might live to regret that. MIGHT.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Advance solicits? Pretty sure full ones aren't out til tomorrow

Any chance it's Mr. Negative?

Hey, when did Echo come back to life?

They're just never going to explain how Echo came back from the dead are they?

Women do that in real life, that being said who cares about this shit? It's pandering to Netflix shit. Also red batman in black is retarded

>Variant Cover by JACK KIRBY
How does this work?

bringing back the red suit or is this one of those instances where the cover is bullshit and it doesn't actually happen in the story?

It's probably tying into Secret Empire so I'm thinking it's actually the Kingpin

>old enemy from the past
>becoming new Kingpin of New York
>it's just Kingpin again
Why do I even bother trying to expect good things from Bendis?

my god he was still alive this whole time

Poor Walker will never get to write a white character's solo, will be?

Presumably it's just unused Kirby art they had lying around.

They'll 'Remaster' it like the new X-Men #1s Jim Lee variants.

Why does it matter?

>make a heroes for hire comic
>call it defenders

Stan's dying, so the souls he devoured are beginning to escape.

>make Heroes for Hire show
>call it Defenders
Marvel is being dumb. Does Defenders really have that much more name recognition than Heroes for Hire?

I just asssumed that the hand had stolen her body and brought her back after Nefaria killed her.

>Does Defenders really have that much more name recognition than Heroes for Hire?

It's getting a TV show, which Heroes for Hire is not, so I would think so

This is why Luke can't have nice things, people just end up shooting holes in them.

As much as I dislike the name they gave to the team and putting aside the Netflix tvshow, they can't be heroes for hire if they do it for free, right?

I mean, the alternative is calling them New Avengers or something like that.

But Defenders ISN'T getting a TV show.

No, it's the epic new OC from the show

Wait.

Wait one goddamn minute.

How the fuck is Luke Cage going to be in New Orleans and New York at the same time? How the fuck is Danny going to be on some mystical chain of islands and New York at the same time?

Sweet mutha fuckin' Christmas!

Sigourney Weaver? Is she going to sacrifice all of Hell's Kitchen to the Old Gods to keep them asleep?

>But Defenders ISN'T getting a TV show.

are you trying to be funny right now?

Are you?

It's gonna look so stupid when it's time to suit up and only Daredevil has an outfit.

>Daredevil on a team book

That ass.

I duess dd has the red in his book while the black in defenders.

>DAVID MACK
Please go back to doing Kabuki. It is one of the few comics that can beat Sandman and Watchmen. Kabuki is more than a masterpeice it is pure art

Luke and Jessica don't wear spandex any more so really it's only a problem with Danny. They should at least give him a mask though

Marvel can't do a Defenders show with those guys, Hulk and Strange are strictly movies now, Surfer is still at fox beyond their reach, and god only knows where Namor's rights are.

He's got to put food on the table with something.

They just recolor existing art

>god only knows where Namor's rights are.

I think it was Quesada that recently said Marvel has his rights. They've just chosen not to use him. Maybe afraid that TV/movie fans will think of him as a knockoff Aquaman?

Ties in thematically with the other team names. Avengers, Guardians, Defenders.

Namor is with MCU. There was a leak that came out that they did test footage for something. A tv show or a movie no one knows but Namor was it.

I honestly don't want a solo Namor show or movie. Make him a villain turned ally in an F4 movie

He came back from the dead to fight for his eternal rest against Stan Lee.
>BENIS
i know he is THE pleb writer for the masses, but dear god, its like they dont want comic fans to buy it...

>Make him a villain turned ally in an F4 movie

this and make him cuck Reed

That was Aquaman. They have Namor but don't wanna use him yet, or ever.

Bendis is going to write Frank

he's a shitty writer though

He shot me.
>HE SHOT YOU?
Yes.
>WITH A GUN?
Yes with a gun, he shot me.
>HOLY #$%@!

It was not aquaman. Aquaman is in production and has casr Namor, The First Mutant was a marvel production that was tested. Probably won't see the light of day but interesting that they tested it

>yfw Frank is trying to be the new Kingpin of New York

they look pretty pathetic

>the new kingpin of New York
So it's not Wilson Fisk at least. But knowing Bendis, he'll write him in the exact same way he writes all his "kingpin" type characters, with a bunch of speeches about how the city "needs" them and how the superheroes are bad for "messing with the natural order".

>• It’s the biggest case of MATT MURDOCK’s career.
That's quite the bold claim, let's see if it lives up to that.

He also wrote Frank in ultimate end.

>Still making Soule write Daredevil just because he's a lawyer.
>Making Walker write Cage just because he's black.
Marvel everyone.

What happened with the whole "Jes hid their daughter away from Luke" thing?
He seemed pretty angry but I didn't actually read her series to find out

Not until he stands up for himself like Priest did

Ah yes, Ultimate Frank somehow killed 616 Frank by throwing a knife at his chest even though he's supposed to have body armor.
Oh, and he somehow killed the entire Wrecking Crew with a sniper rifle even though they're fucking bulletproof.

They don't want comic fans to buy it, they want casuals who only watched the Netflix shows to buy it.

He used the miniature versions of the missiles that fucked She-Hulk up in Civil War 2! You don't get it, man, Bendis seeds this stuff well in advance!

He found Dani before Jess got the chance to come clean with him, so now they are basically broken up.
So prepare for some of that juicy DRAMA in Defenders.

It's probably that Alison Greene chick from CW2 again

Why hide her in the first place? What was the reasoning?

EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 (of 5)
MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ROLAND BOSCHI (A)
Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
Variant Cover by RON LIM
TEASER VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MATTINA
EDGE of VENOM-VERSE starts here!
The series that sets up the epic VENOM EVENT of 2017 STARTS HERE! Each issue introduces another major Venomized character that will feed into VENOMVERSE itself! THIS ISSUE, the young mutant clone designated X-23 collides with a cryogenic tube containing a strange alien symbiote during her frenzied escape from The Facility, . Bonding with the alien enhances her already considerable abilities, and aids in her escape, but it begins to alter her mind! On the run from the very people that made her, can X-23 hold it together or is she doomed to give in to Venom!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

>Jessica, while I admire your dedication to branding, I'm going to have to remind you that graffiti is very much illegal in NYC. Also the truck belongs to Claire's mom and she's already pissed that Luke wrecked her last one.
>Excuse me, Cottonmouth's goons wrecked the last truck.
>Sorry, Claire's mom is still pissed that Luke was the reason Cottonmouth's goons wrecked her last truck.

VENOM #151
MIKE COSTA (w) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (a)
COVER BY Francisco Herrera
Mary Jane Variant Cover by Francesco Mattina
“THE LAND BEFORE CRIME” Starts Here!
• Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
• While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
• Can Venom postpone feasting on Spider-Man’s brain long enough to stop Stegron from turning everyone in New York into a bloodthirsty dinosaur?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I stopped reading marvel a few months ago?

What happened to Powerman and Iron Fist H4H? That was fun stuff.

Yeah parrel reality versions who will escape to prime earth.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #28
DAN SLOTT (w) • STUART IMMONEN (a)
Cover by ALEX ROSS
OSBORN VS. SPIDER-MAN! NO HOLDS BARRED!
• The outcome of this battle will change both of these men.
• And that’s nothing to say of Osborn’s master plan that Spider-Man is powerless to save! ONLY SILVER SABLE AND MOCKINGBIRD STAND A CHANCE!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29
DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
Cover by ALEX ROSS
SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
• As revealed in ASM #25, Otto Octavius is back as THE SUPERIOR OCTOPUS!!!
• And Ock has a mission to take down the company that he helped create: PARKER INDUSTRIES!!!
• Does Spider-Man stand a chance?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

She had to create the appearance that she broke off from the superhero folks, including her husband. All so that she can bait out the insane lady from CWII, who wants to destroy the supers (and particularly Carol) for the humiliation they put her through in the event.

They worked with Wolverine for a while, he taught them some neat tricks.

This happened:

POWER MAN AND IRON FIST

02/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #1 - 79,069
03/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #2 - 41,104 (-48.0%)
04/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #3 - 26,496 (-35.5%)
05/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #4 - 26,308 (- 0.7%)
06/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #5 - 24,202 (- 8.0%)
07/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #6 - 26,980 (+11.5%)
08/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #7 - 24,163 (- 10.4%) (CV2)
09/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #8 - 22,189 (- 8.2%) (CV2)
10/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #9 - 19,611 (- 11.6%) (CV2)
11/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #10- 19,934 (+ 1.6%)
12/16 Power Man and Iron Fist #11- 17,078 (- 14.3%)

12/16 Power Man and Iron Fist Annual ($5) – 17,133

Just please let this to be revealed where the current venom is from or at least pull alternate never went to space flash from the Spider Island Secret Wars mini into main universe.

;-;

It deserved a better fate, the sales alone is bad but Danny and Luke going back to Bendis is a fate worst that death.

Agent venom is a finished concept.

Danny has 2 solos starting this year (one next week, I believe?), and Luke is getting a new solo as well (still by Walker)

wait, so Immonen is on the book for more than one arc?
also, that Osborn cover is GOAT

>and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!

joy.

>book gains some momentum back
>immediately derailed by a stupid event crossover fucking shit up

When will Marvel learn.

Remember the time Daredevil was the Kingpin of New York in his Daredevil run?

>And that’s nothing to say of Osborn’s master plan that Spider-Man is powerless to save!
Uhm. Do they mean "to stop"?

It made sense and helped build up to Shadowland.

Do we really need TWO Wolverine-Venoms?

>• Does Spider-Man stand a chance?
it's gonna be an entire arc of ottowank isn't it?

Was the whole point of these Defenders to prove that the Avengers were better because they worked as a team? Because these guys are a fuckton more powerful than any Avengers roster I can recall. Even the weakest member Namor is a fucking powerhouse.

damnit, I'm going to have to start reading this now

The Defenders was originally guys who were too powerful or too assholish to be on the Avengers. (Hulk left the Avengers in issue 2 because he was too powerful and too much of an asshole.)

Eventually the Surfer and Namor left and the core of the team became two powerful guys and a bunch of B and C listers, i.e. basically the Avengers.

Has the Ottowank ever actually stopped? Seriously, I'm only reading (note, I said READING, not BUYING) Slott's Spider-Man because I'm hoping that, at some point, Peter will finally wreck SpOck's shit.

Cw2 killed a lot of books..but they don't care cause they reboot anyway

Reminder that Otto won. He literally killed the original Peter.

When Otto was too busy being in the Living Brain's body at least it took a backseat.

Now we're supposed to think Ben27 (biggest monkey's paw of my life. I literally waited 20 years for it), deranged and unhinged, can only say how ahead of the curve, awesome and smart Otto is when he doublecrosses him.

Not bodywise.

He already wrote Clint

>• Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited at last – and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
GOD
DAMMIT

A DECADE OF CHARACTER PROGRESSION DOWN THE DRAIN
>• While hunting the friendly neighborhood wall-crawler, Venom comes face-to-face with none other than STEGRON THE DINOSAUR MAN!
At least I get Stegron I suppose

>and their hatred of Spider-Man is greater than ever!
What did Peter do this time?

here's the other cover

Will Shocker and Vulture be involved in the issues following these?

He's going to bond back with venom. Plus remember who spiderman is.