Apple and Onion greenlit by CN

Looks like it's going to air next year,

Here's the pilot:
youtube.com/watch?v=gsnxNdRFYLk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lYJAYUf1BN4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks no different from most of the other generic shit out now.

>This gets a greenlit over Infinity Train

Ya know this don't surprise me? But I sure am dissapointed.

who's this guy again?

Out of infinity train and bee and puppy cat they chose this

This is where I make several stupid and inaccurate predictions about the show and beg everyone to screencap it.

Is this a britbong show?

>yet another show about socially awkward misfits
>these misfits are not human, but they act human
>the world is surreal, but not surreal enough to be mistaken for anything but not!Earth
>these misfits speak realistically
>the "love interest" is down-to-earth redhead with social skills
>nobody else but the goiy-lee likes them
>lolsorandum humor

At least they aren't shameless advertisements for toys, amirite?

>French Fry!, you got a crus-
Nope I'm out. It was ok up until we got there. I'm so burnt out on that.

I told you I already made your post here

>It's just a more autistic Regular Show
>Played straight slice of Life with no supernatural climaxes

So I take back my first comment. It's gonna be regular show without the cool action and more romance shit.

the only good thing about this is that it got picked up over bottom's butte

Yes this is clearly the best option they had

Out of all the shows they could have greenlit this was the obvious choice

>tfw not even mad

Man, I must be one of the minority who thought the A&O pilot was good. I mean, sure, they could have picked better choices, but hey, at least it's not an acquired cartoon or reboot again.

I kinda want to know what happens to beef jerky.

>greenlit

So CN will make twelve episodes, air them all on the mobile app first, then run them all on TV in a four-day span whenever they can spare a half-hour per day from The All-Day "It's a Day That Ends in 'Y'" Teen Titans Go Marathon?

He was probably the best character in the whole pilot.

>summer camp island got greenlit

fuck me

Looks like regular show plot with gumball art style but done in an extremely shitty way

So is Infinity Train dead now?

We already knew Summer Camp Island was going to be a thing. It doesn't look *bad*, but it just looks like it's legitimately for preschoolers. Maybe that's the route Miller wants to take because older kids have too many other options these days.

>gumball art style
Not even close, babee.
youtube.com/watch?v=lYJAYUf1BN4

can i get a non-pic source

>this
>summer camp island

What the hell are they thinking.

Wait what? Does this mean that Infinity Train is dead?

Cartoon Network has become the special kids network

Nothing funny or outright hilarious, just "safe" and padded with pillows and no dangerous corners

Why are character designs in modern cartoons so bad? If your going to make your characters look like food why not go all out and have an entirely food themed world? Why not play with the fact that your characters are food for the sake of humour? There's really no rhyme or reason to these character designs. They're just random for the sake of it.

>we canceled Regular Show so we could bring you "nu-Regular Show"

Well, at least Ok Ko is a thing

Why is Richard Ayoade voicing onion?

Anything would be better than bee and puppycat

Avdol?

This is fucking terrible, it's like a half-assed Regular Show with zero charm for its characters and absolutely mundane stories.

Why would they choose this garbage over Infinity Train and Victor & Valentino, two shows that actually have amazing potential for good stories and in-depth characters?

Fuck nu-Cartoon Network, Disney XD is the only decent cartoon channel left.

This is actually really good.

>CN greenlighting another piece of shit
What a shocker

We will never have Dogworld or even Kitty Bobo on CN.
Now we have a mediocre bootleg of Regular Show.

Why not just KEEP Regular Show? It already had a lot of previous backing, and had was the 3rd longest running series on the network

It's not hard to see, that female president of the network hated it. JG wasn't going to make it a dead stand still and drop to this dumb shit so it'd be one-note for the younger audience they're obviously wanting now.

Cancel the popular series you don't want but has stuff people like and then make a new show that has your priorities and instead of making something up take the popular show at face value instead.

THIS WAS THE ONE THEY PICKED???

Generic ugly calarts anthro SoL with lolsorandum humor.

Fucking yawn.

It's ugly enough to get dropped in one season though.

>Regular Show
>popular series
maybe in 2013 but in 2015-17?

Infinity Train was shown around 6 a.m. on a Saturday and had about 700,000 viewers and poor ratings. For some really foolish reason, CN decided to air a new cartoon pilot at a very unreasonable time.

I'm getting 2006-2008 vibes from CN recently.

It'll come full circle. OK KO seems coop though

That was the real dark age... hope we can bitch loud enough to steer towards the Cartoon Cartoon days.

Not gonna lie, but I really did enjoy watching the pilot for apple and onion, if you want something like infinity train why don't people just push for those kinds of shows on streaming services, literally better suited for that.

There's no arguably good shows though, like Billy and Mandy (that was in that time right?)

This is

that's what you get for calling the other pilots "tumblr shit" or "CalArts face"

Cool, I liked it a lot.

>another animated sitcom with two buddies

Eh, at least it's funny.

WHAT was funny?

When the invitation email was a mistake? I don't know, it got a chuckle out of me and that's more than I can say about the others.

Fuck Infinity Train, I wanted Pillywag's Mansion.

Better than Bottom's Butte

Okay...25+ years on this planet, and apparently I don't know what onions look like...

This is a sad day for man kind.

Depending on the angle all I can see when I look at the apple is a noticeable bugle, or a massive camel toe.

>Apple & Onion
>270k views on youtube
>Infinity Train
>1.7 million views on youtube
>CN picks the former

id be much more mad, but atleast OK KO was greenlit

b-b-b-b-but muh Infinity Train
for once in my life I decided to jump on a hype bandwagon for a new show and it doesn't actually become a show. life is cruel

Hehe. (((We))) chose the best choice! Don't question it!

Yeah, the one that is a infinitely cheaper to makes the cut.

it felt very low-energy in a bad way imo

It has cheaper animation

OP is a green onion your thinking of bulb onions

Jesus Christ! This is so cookie cutter it's painful! The art style, the "wacky" style characters, the stoner humour, the purposeful cringeness. It's all a perfect storm of shit! In fact the only thing interesting about this show is that the main characters are voiced by Brits for a change!

>Current Year+2
>No Amethyst Princess of Gemworld show confirmed yet.

>female
That's the real problem. How did she even get to that position?

its cheaper animation but has probably less than 1/6th of the audience, so you save more but get far less viewers as a result

>implying you're counting kids in that stat
Autists can only go so far. It would need to pander majorly for the show to reach SU levels of viewership.

autists have credit cards, just saying

In this day and age? Bitching

1/6 of autists which represent less than 1/10 of the actual viewers?
how much again, 1/60?
today's generation will mindlessly swallow whatever the fuck CN feeds them

Isn't the word that V&V has been greenlit but they've been slow-rolling announcements of all new pickups?

What's the source for this? I see a picture and a bunch of people accepting it as truth due to CN's current direction. But there's no source?

Reminder:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw

I didn't believe you until I watched this video and now I am concerned.

> Be British
> Thought this was actually funny

I never thought it was going to get greenlit because I figured that Americans wouldn't "get it", and it seems that this thread is good evidence of that being true.

But I feel ultimately that CN is doing any new shows a disservice until they give Infinity Train the official OK to continue in some form. Every single show that gets picked up before that happens is going to torn to pieces before it's even out because of it.

Nice

I don't get it. He barely described anything about the show

They air JLA early on saturday mornings.I think they are trying to kill themselves at this point.

Infinity Train dropped like a few weeks ago. It took OK KO like three years to get approved.

Give it time, we might see it in 2019 or 2020. RIP Twelve Forever though. Gone too soon.

I enjoyed it too, I don't think it was a masterpiece or anything but everyone else here just seems to hate it because of the whole Infinity Train thing, which I don't think is entirely fair.

It's too similar to naughty bear in my eyes. I kinda expect them to start chopping foods heads off and shit at any moment.

>mfw

I like it. I'm American however and I'm not sure what's there to not get?

The voice acting is solid. Solid enough to carry jokes that would go over like a lead balloon without the right touch.

Still is there a source for this being picked up? Because I keep googling and this thread is the only result I get that even suggests that it has.

Huh, so Sausage Party got its own cartoon?

They did the same thing to Transformers animated and used to air Transformers RID at 6:30 in the morning.

I legitimately have no idea why they'd air shows like this in that manner, no kid is gonna get up that early in the morning for cartoons.

Animation is cheaper but just look at the voice cast. Everyone but Apple is already pretty well-established, especially Onion's VA. Whatever cost savings there are on animation, they're losing money paying for that much talent.

A shame that the show is still mediocre.