The strong moments in Silence always found a way to disappoint me with some apparent faults and missing things I...

The strong moments in Silence always found a way to disappoint me with some apparent faults and missing things I thought obviously would have to be in the movie
>The relationship between Driver and Garfield was largely underdeveloped, which really ruined the impact of Driver's death
>That asian dude who reappears alot was annoying; he just comes back and does the same thing over and over
>Garfield holding the cross in the coffin ruined everything about his character development; he was supposed to renounce his faith so having a cross is largely egoistic and furthermore exposes his faults
>Garfield is shown to think he's Jesus, but the movie never delves into it after that scene
>Garfield stepping on his faith to save the others is a parallell to God hanging on the cross for his people, and no matter how obvious this is, Garfield literally has to imagine God's voice telling him to do this, which further tells us just how shit his character development is
>Liam Neeson was only in the movie to foreshadow Garfield's future, which undermines the impact of his actions because someone's already experienced literally everything he has
>When Driver and Garfield was in the hut in the mountain we had some lost metaphoric potential to what enclosure feels like (nitpick but I found it disappointing)

What long-haired skin?

I found Adam Driver's character, or at least his acting, way more interesting than Garfield's.

Yeah, it's a shame he's so minor compared to Garfield.

>he just comes back and does the same thing over and over
That sounds like the most Christian lesson ever.

It is.

And pity 'tis 'tis true.

>>The relationship between Driver and Garfield was largely underdeveloped, which really ruined the impact of Driver's death
This was annoying and I agree.
>That asian dude who reappears alot was annoying; he just comes back and does the same thing over and over
100% intentional, I think Scorcese tried to emphasis the Christian thing where you can be forgiven no matter how many times you mess up
>Garfield holding the cross in the coffin ruined everything about his character development; he was supposed to renounce his faith so having a cross is largely egoistic and furthermore exposes his faults
How is remaining a Christian a fault wtf
>Garfield is shown to think he's Jesus, but the movie never delves into it after that scene
where
>Garfield stepping on his faith to save the others is a parallell to God hanging on the cross for his people, and no matter how obvious this is, Garfield literally has to imagine God's voice telling him to do this, which further tells us just how shit his character development is
Agree
>Liam Neeson was only in the movie to foreshadow Garfield's future, which undermines the impact of his actions because someone's already experienced literally everything he has
Yeah they really misused him he could've had such a bigger role
>When Driver and Garfield was in the hut in the mountain we had some lost metaphoric potential to what enclosure feels like (nitpick but I found it disappointing)
I feel like that was implied

Is this Scorsese trying to excuse his abandonment of God in Jewlywood?

You realize this isn't Scorsese's first Catholic movie, right?

Well said.

All of his movies are either about him abandoning God, or crime.

>Hugo

I took it as him publicly denouncing his faith didn't mean shit as long as he had god in his heart or some religious shit like that, and they had to show it so retards would get it.

>>Garfield holding the cross in the coffin ruined everything about his character development; he was supposed to renounce his faith so having a cross is largely egoistic and furthermore exposes his faults
>How is remaining a Christian a fault wtf
Well, you can be a martyr who keeps his faith in the clandestinity and die fighting for your faith or you can be a complex character that actually lost his faith and show how people deal with those emotions. But what the movie show is a guy faking he lost his faith, but we don't know that all we see is an act until the last shot, wich makes the movie irrelevant

That word summarizes the movie. Irrelevant.

I honestly don't remember Hugo.

If you didn't suspect that he kept his faith after the part where he put his hand on Kichijiro's head then I think Scorsese films may be a bit too challenging for someone of your caliber.

>I don't remember the one time Scorsese did something different.

I don't remember if I thought that or not, or even if I saw that part or I was yawning

So it's as I thought.

I'm pretty sure I fell asleep.

UHHMMMM, SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!?

Stop watching film.

yep. I'm too silly to understand or apreciate scorsese, so after it I watched my favourite Tarkovski's film

You're a chump and a pleb.

>abandonando womanhood

It was the last chloe movie pre-transition

Probably

No. If a film puts me to sleep it's not worth remembering.

This is an immensely arrogant belief, held by people looking to criticize a movie without validity.

>a movie is so boring you can even look at it
>can't criticize it

Any pleb can say this about all of your favorite films, then.
It's a stupid argument because it doesn't address what made the movie boring or how it could be corrected. It's what a 4 year old says when watching adult films.

>It's a stupid argument because it doesn't address what made the movie boring or how it could be corrected.
It is not stupid, just uncomplete. I can say this movie bored me to death and tell you what other films I love and you can value my opinion as you want, since, surprise, this is all subjective

I think it as stupid to be a Michael Bay fan saying Silence is boring as being a pretentious asshole preaching it to thise Bay fans

Ok Herr Spielberg

I wrote all of this in a different thread lol
Glad people here even partially agree with me

He's making fun of you, you're a copypasta now.

>copy/pastes fair critique
>people in the threads responds with "I agree!"
>thinks I'll take this as an insult in any way
ok brainlet

I dont agree.