/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Minister of Bad Mother Fuckers Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Maul #2 (March 22)
Rogue One Digital (March 24)
Rebels 3.20/21: "Zero Hour" Parts 1 and 2 (March 25)

>Rebels 3.19: "Twin Suns"
mega.nz/#F!HYliTb7R!d9VQPNttWf3vUDHaXKjNZQ

>Rebels Recon: Twin Suns
youtube.com/watch?v=8eIZsJsck7A

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya (embed)

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ntnarC4ii1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Five days till we begin the hiatus, and all reasonable non-shitposting dies off. I shudder to think of what retardation will spring up between Zero Hour and Season 4 premier

at least we get celebration next month

ships, but not the good kind

I'm still not over it

He's just....gone

About time

He was great though, why did he have to die?

IT'S NOT FAIR

He lived way too long, as a character.

though his death was art

I seriously hope these fuckers actually get to DO SOMETHING in the finale

we know at least one Nebulon B gets btfo but there's at least two present for the battle of atollon, and I'd love to see the Dornean gunships get some action too

the Quasar Fire is likely toast, but I hope it goes out in a blaze of glory and takes some bastards with it

I hope this doesn't sound heartless of me but I can't feel too bad about the death of someone that I had already thought was dead for a solid decade.

Its not that bad

Theres plenty of comfy threads during hiatus.

And it's never really hiatus, we have tons of comics and such releasing consistently.

I'm sad he's gone, but his death scene was kino, so I cant complain

true

Why does his death seem more significant than Han Solo?

Because Kenobi finally killed the man who basically ruined his life and he stayed calm and collected about it

it was much better than the han solo scene, in my opinion. I liked it. but this just felt like art. Episode didn't justify the last two minutes, though.

this is why

Probably because Solo's death was spoiled and we were all expecting it because Ford is on his last legs.

Maul on the other hand, he's cheated death so many times

Because it was

Yeah I don't buy that for a second.

and whats the next step of their master plan

Because you wanted to die along with Han for watching the movie and that's not a pleasant feeling

to crash the resistance with no survivors

crashing this death star

fucking KEK

To be honest, in terms of actual screen time (movies and shows), we see a lot more character growth and change in Obi Wan and Maul than we do with Han. We see the two of them suffer some truely terrible shit and it's satisfying to see that struggle finally resolved and to see the completion of their character arc.
Plus it's hard to make a more badass and satisfying death than what we saw.

Snoke will reveal himself as Emperor and it will turn out it was sheev all along!

Leave it to Sheev

Going off of what this guy said, Han Solo's death was forced, it was a cheap trick to score "muh drama, muh feels" points without actually being cinematically sound in any way.

more meme potential

Agreed. Kenobi and maul had this long complicated history and it made sense to resolve it. We see Kylo and Han interact for about twenty seconds and then Han gets murdered.

>though years of training in isolation in an otherwise flat planet, Obi Wan became so adept at combat that even the slightest elevation in terrain gave him the upper hand
Sure, I'll buy it

DELET

Maul tried to climb back into his old school style to show old man obi wan that while Kenobi's lame ass got old Maul could fight like 30 years never happened. too bad that went as well as any other time a 50 year old tries to relive his glory days and he got fucking wrecked for it.

youtu.be/ntnarC4ii1s

Maul is a 40 year old ex-jock who still wears his varsity jacket

he had to be at least in his 20s during TPM and that's like 30 years before Twin Suns

The Sheev one is better

>another happy landing
worth it for that

Whoever these OPs are, I dare say they are /ouyguys/

>we will never get another parody like Spaceballs

feels bad man

>innocent scientists
>they actually worked on the death star and were loyal to the Empire

So are they saying loyal imperials are innocent? Krennic was a loyal, though incompetent, imperial.

Obi-wan was supposed 25 in episode I.
Assumedly Maul was older than Obi-wan? But Maul's actor was 25 when shooting.
Idk who fucking knows at this point.

Plus, these are characters that have faced each other in combat numerous times by now. It was either going to be a quick and the the point duel or a long drawn out affair, like most of the fighting of the PT era. As much as I disliked parts of Maul's post-TPM appearances, he had an actual arc and actual development. Same with Obi-Wan. Thanks to TCW and Rebels, we got a lot out of the two.

He was more loyal to himself. He just wanted to make a name for himself and GAAALLLEEENNN and to ride off into the sunset, but then galen found out that Celestial Power was the death star and peaced the fuck out with Lyra.

Krennic was super competent, it was his trying to out-tarkin tarkin with baiting him into a fight with Saw that got him on Tarkins shit list.

finally, something went right in Obi-Wans life

Krennic deserved everything he got 2bh

He lost his only friend, how is that right?

We're never going to see Asajj again in the cartoons because she had to die offscreen in some shitty romantic bullshit with Quinlan Vos. Why live? [/Spoiler]

I'm surprised Home One was designed for Rebels. Doesn't mean it's battleready, of course, just that the Mon Cal responded to Mon Mothma's call. And why not? They have the same first name!

Hey now, he still has his dewback! Though I guess that's more of a wife than a friend.

She would have died on screen in the cartoon because of a shitty love story with Vos. At least this way we didn't have to literally see it with our own two eyes.

Maul's appearances became honestly kind of humorous after a while, but it was still enjoyable.

Honestly, I also would have loved a proper Ezra-Maul apprenticeship for half a season or so.

Krennic is PERFECT and Tarkin is a STUPID BUTTHEAD who STOLE HIS ACHIEVEMENT!!!

Check the little scale box, if this is intentional legitimate scaling to an ISD, this gives Home One an approximate length of 1900 meters, far more fitting for the "largest ship of the Alliance fleet" than the 1200-1300 typically given for average mon cal cruiser length and more accurately fitting with what's seen in ROTJ, though not to the extreme estimates and calculations of 3200 meters.

That would have been great if Ezra actually fell to the dark side for a brief period, but no they dropped that shit after like 1 episode

>MY ACHIEVEMENT
>NOT YOURS

Or we could have not fucking done that because it shits on literally everything she became as a character. Dark Disciple can get bent.

>tfw even if we do it'll be done by the Epic Movie guys

intelligent parody is dead

actually we stand amidst my achievement

Tarkin did nothing wrong.

Maul should have died then instead. The fact is that there's not much you can actually DO with Maul since his death is kind of built in to expectations.

Ventress hasn't got that kind of problem. She can pull off the same Dathomir Legacy bs without the assumption being that she'll die from it.

You aren't looking forward to Not Another Star Wars Movie with the Wayans Bros?

Because fuck consistency am I right?

Tarkin just got back at the man who tried to set him up to fail

Krennic is the definition of failing upwards

>Krennic will never live comfortably on Coruscant with his boyfriend and work with him

feels bad

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

I want to hear Galen's music

what is that behind Galen? looks like a droid head. some sort of sex bot?

His silver nipple

She would have been so solid.
I know they probably won't do another CGI Starwars series, but I hope she pops up again sometime, even if it's completely irrational and defies cannon

I mean technically he did, and that's the beauty of it. If he'd just let Krennic blow up the entire moon as the Director wanted, boom, no Jyn, no Cassian, no Partisans, no Rook, no message. His reason for the change? To countermand Krennic in his moment of glory and chastise him. While the plot is otherwise progressing below them the two men were in a pissing contest. I love how after the successful destruction of Jedha City Krennic just stalks past Tarkin and makes sure to bump into the man. It's such a bitch move followed shortly by Tarkin saying that he'll tell the Emperor directly and seize control.

Imperial ambitions. So often they prove the salvation of the Rebel cause even when the Rebels have no clue it's happening.

God tier post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the retweet that it got from Vice President Mas Amedda involved adding a few lightning bolt emojis.

But if they blew up the entire planet, wouldn't everyone know the Death Star exists? Isn't that what they were trying to avoid?

I honestly believe that had the scripts gone to final draft things would have changed.

Maybe not saved her, but at least stopped the retardation that was Vos.

statement > manifesto
(unless it's my manifesto and darth vader is here to watch)

I thought it made sense because they didn't want to call attention to themselves. They even covered it up. Am I just retarded? I am pretty sure that was in the movie

Yes, it was meant as a test to determine functionality with plausible deniability (Jedha incident was claimed to be a catastrophic mining accident) without letting the imperial senate get wind.

No you're right, but also if you've got a sperglord like Krennic in charge of the project do you really want to fire it at full power for the first time?

Tarkin immediately taking power from him right after the test is so fucking satisfying to see him go 'BUT THIS IS MINE'

Krennic is the kind of sperglord who is so devoted to one thing I'd trust him with that one thing. Like Galen and his research.

Which edition for Rogue One is going to be the best to order?

Jedha is just a moon. As it was, they passed it off as a mining accident, though one can only wonder what type of mining accident could cause devastation on that magnitude.

"And in this footage you can clearly see, members of the illustrious Imperial Senate, Ensign Mebbek sticking his penis into the main bore that runs all the way to Jedha's core. This act, we are lead to believe, aroused the ire of an ancient Jedi volcano god who proceeded to run amok until put down by superior Imperial firepower, all praise be to the Emperor's glory."

This story holds together perfectly!

Wait when did this picture happen in the film

/swco/! I need pictures! Pictures of rebel space ships!

Don't spent it all in one place

/swco/! I need pictures! Pictures of /ss/!

tough shit faggot

after "MY ACHIEVEMENT"
it's a frame from "the breaches have been filled"

I have far too vast a collection of star wars starship images to post, even just rebels, so you'll have to make do with at least one picture of each ship, I've still got the MC80 Liberty and U-wing to get in here

Thank you for sharing this.

pic of the visionary designer

I thought he gave that to Ezra. Did he have two of them?

and that's the last of pictures that include at least one of every type of rebel ship in em, I have neither the room in a thread nor the patience for captchas to post my entire 2000 pic folder of star wars ships

so that's what Kuat of Kuat looks like