So progressive

So progressive....

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-20/power-rangers-film-includes-1st-big-screen-lgbt-superhero/.113671

Is it bad I'm kinda excited for this movie?

>Billy (the Blue Ranger, played by R.J. Cyler) has a scene where he talks about being on the autism spectrum.

This is the important bit

Yes

A thread died so you could bitch about gay people.

y tho

Yes, very much.

Because there is not a single thing about it that looks good

Why isn't Billy the gay ranger in this? It'd make more sense than it being Trini at least.

The joke is that in the film the character never actually says she's gay, just that she doesn't like labels. So it's one of those things where the film creators can do whatever with it.

>has a chance to include a gay male in the main cast
>instead go for the safe option and include a lesbian instead
Wow. So brave. So progressive. Truly on the forefront of equality. Something that has never been done before. Oh wow, and not only that, but the lesbianism a strong tomboy. Wow. So inspiring. Such representation.

I've seen like one trailer and it had power rangers getting actual powers before getting the suits. I wanted this to be a thing when I've seen the very first power rangers back then on TV.

>I wanted this to be a thing when I've seen the very first power rangers back then on TV
Try Go-Busters then

A gay black man is something our society isn't ready for.

I think the only thing that bugs me about this is that they missed the obvious opportunity to make Billy gay and in turn went for the safer lesbian option despite it not making any real sense.

Plenty of PR and SS series have done that.

I compleatly forgot
Billy was already the token black in this movie, guess it would've been seen as too much to make him the token gay too.

Didn't Moonlight win like 3 oscars?

>Moonlight

Wasn't Go-busters one of the 'bad series'?

Wasn't Harley just in a movie? And Wonder Woman for that matter?

No? What moron told you that?

You are part of the disease.

>Wonder Woman
>LGBT

The toys sold badly, most of the western fanbase online seems to like it though.

My mom wants go go see this movie with me and my sister "for old times sake" since we all say PRTM and Turbo together.

But I'm 29 years old, my sister 27 and I'm trying to avoid this movie like the plague.

Should I go anyway for her or save us all the trouble of watching this crap?

>acting like that wasn't a last minute decision because of the shitfit last year.

Mostly because I was equating it to this
>the toys sold badly

But the fuck do I know? I only ever poke my head into the toku thread on /toy/ to check out the new toys. Kyuranger is the first sentai I've ever watched.

DonĀ“t go.

If you have any respect at all for cinema, and your own wallet, you won't go

I mean it can't be worse than mega force, and samuri and dino whatever

Holy shit how are you 29 years old and can't go see a movie for your fucking mom?

Jesus fucking Christ.

Go you muppet!!! It will be entertaining even if its shit!

Bruce, she can't die AGAIN.

It got a bad rep in Japan because it was different from the typical Sentai norm, wasn't bad it just wasn't what Japan wanted.

Because while it's probably a nice little idea of her's I really don't feel like spending any money on something I'm 99% sure I'm not gonna enjoy.

Also I'm not really close with my sister at all.

>Gay ranger

Meh, I see no reason why I should give a shit about that.

That being said, this film looks like shit, so I also have no reason to see it.

WTF is this shit?
Has everyone forgotten that half the cast of X-Men is freakin' gay?

Just see another movie, you idiot. Your mom suggested Power Rangers because she probably thinks an autistic fuck like you would like.

Spend some time with your mother, you fucker. Even if the movie is shit, you need to make these moments last.

What happened with "recruit me five teenagers with attitude?" and instead we have five teenagers with attitude problems.

Alternatively they could go and see something fucking decent, or watch a DVD at home.
You don't need to spend time with your mum wasting money on garbage.

Libs.

DELETE THIS

Man, you are an awful child.

PEEEENOOOO NOIR

Go see another fucking movie or suggest a different childhood activity to revisit. Like her beating your ass for being a selfish fuck.

just tell her you dont want to go see a shit movie and to leave you alone

Mate I think you're projecting just a little

No one else in this thread cares about comics and cartoons. But thank you for beating me to it.

Tell her you're 29 and though you understand why she wants to that you'd prefer to watch something a little more adult-oriented like the Lego Batman Movie.