Not really sure where im going with this thread...

not really sure where im going with this thread, but i would like to make one with hypothetical tastes in music for characters we like reading.

for example, i would say taht red hood listens to mostly rap. he is rough around the edges and more or less a white hood nigga, if he were to have a movie or an intro on a tv show, he should be shown walking inside his bunker/cave while remoies his mask and weapoins while this plays"
youtube.com/watch?v=srnH6KUou30

nightwing listens to cheery music, isnt completely adverse to top 40 and all taht, but would probably like shit like pavement, guided by voices, galaxie 500, etc. dick grayson could be seen vibing to something like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=AZwlpddi3Vw

tim drake is too boring and intelligent to have a fu taste in music, which means taht he wold mostly listen to classical stuff (not taht any of it is taht bad) and when he is being picked on about not liking "relevant music", he would show something morderin-ish that "musically educated ppl would like", such as:
youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM

damian wayne is too young for music

and bruce is too joyless for music. though, he would like mainly late 70s - early 90s rock and synthwave, with a guilty pleasure for early 90's hip hop:
youtube.com/watch?v=bvfi8XtSSiE

the flash would like mostly electronic music since its "fast" and it helps him think and all taht. that means anything from techno to drum'n'bass. nothing cringy like hardstyle tho.

anyway, havent given a lot of thoguht about other ppl, i will probably fill in the gaps as teh ideas come. what do u guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps
youtube.com/watch?v=2XY3AvVgDns
youtube.com/watch?v=FbykscAokXM
youtube.com/watch?v=qPjjUkpT3GE
youtube.com/watch?v=ll9tIPglFM8
youtube.com/watch?v=mFjkdjb7WNs
youtube.com/watch?v=mhubWuCPqVk
youtube.com/watch?v=ib4gyj0nifo
youtube.com/watch?v=yosDDDAmE2g
youtube.com/watch?v=LMdrk-vCACI
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8duEIHEig
youtu.be/Mc-sUIt5wBg
youtu.be/ije7d6xckSs
youtu.be/-SjfKXPMHLM
youtu.be/AuelAz0_Y9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Clark is a Metallica fan, God have mercy on him.

Diana attended at least one metal concert, and the band may or may not have been Dethklok, though they weren't named.

If you were to look through Hal's iPod, you'd find that he's played Kenny Loggin's Danger Zone an absurd number of times, both before and after he became a Green Lantern.

>hal jordan
>danger zone

fucking hell i kek'd, taht makes the most sense for hal jordan. i think he and guy would have the most "white boy wasted" playlists of them all, with guy's being more of a fuck shit up kinda play list.

diana, being the oldest one of tehm all, probably likes to shit on everybody else with all the music she has heard, but i can totally believe her going to a dethklok band. she will never say it, but her guilty pleasure is metal.

clark liking metallica is believable. mind you, this is teh most "wild" thing clark would like. growing up in smallville, he wouldve been into country and country western growing up, but when he moved into metropolis, he discovered pop music. clark would be taht guy who would unironically like that FLIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH song

OP here, thoguht of a couple more.

simon baz reminds me of a lot of brown dudes i grew up with (im brown too). type of dudes who would be good boys to their parents but class clowns in school, sometimes getting in trouble. the kinda guys who u were cool with cuz u grew up with them and when they sold weed to u they could throw u an extra gram cuz you're boys and all that. anyway, he would listen to mostly rap like my friends and i used to:
youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps

jessica cruz is bubbly and all that, nice girl who seems to be a bit basic but means well and all that. like most girls, she would be into shit like beyonce and lily allen. though she would stray and find some stuff thats more or less obscure for normies, like bon iver.
youtube.com/watch?v=2XY3AvVgDns

john stewart would probably like rap, but only the most boring old school rap taht everybody has heard, shit like a tribe called quest and das efx. not that any of taht is bad, but ive heard it way too many times. he would also like stuff like motown and marvin gaye, but u wouldnt know about it unless u were close to him

batgirl's music is very similar to nightwing;s taste in music. it is mostly cheery, but she is strongly against listening to music taht is too old, like anything from the 90s would be too old for her, unless its stuff like aqua or spice girls, backstreet boys, etc. barbara gordon likes synthpop:
youtube.com/watch?v=FbykscAokXM

I somehow see Jason go for a death metal, indie rock, classixal muaic approach. A mixed bag as himself. But what he likes deep down the most is fun, silly party music.

some more here, not that anybody cares

roy harper is similar to jason todd with music. he likes aggressive stuff, but mostly grew up on rap. with how life turned out for him, he stuck with rap for the most part. but since he;s cooled down, he;s been listneing to r'n'b a lot. whenever he thnks about donna troy, he likes to listen to boys2men.

starfire listens to whatever is on dick grayson;s ipod that he left behind, or whatever cd's he left behind.

midnighter listens to "fighting music" exclusively. this would be mostly music taht is heard in clubs that sounds a little edgy. this can be either dancy music or noise. sometimes, he likes to listen to some tunes while kicking ass:
youtube.com/watch?v=qPjjUkpT3GE
youtube.com/watch?v=ll9tIPglFM8

martian manhunter doesnt have anything in particular taht he listens to, but rather he learns about different types of music and listens to it academically, sort of as discovering more about this world. he would find something special in folk music, as it speaks of human joy and tragedies in teh most real way:
youtube.com/watch?v=mFjkdjb7WNs

Your interpretation of Tim is pretty far off. He's a 90's kid through and through. He'd either be a fan of Beastie Boys and Run DMC, or Nirvana, and intensely hate the other.

jason would definitely like metal, he would be the one guy who would listen to big L one minute, and then the next track would be paysage d'hiver or some shit.

dick grayson is d e f i n i t e l y the indie rock type, taht shit is his whole personality.

tim drake is super into classical and all that, in one issue of some shit i was reading, he was talking about how he liked brahms to this guy and the guy was like "dude what?"

>Red Hood listening to Gucci
>Not Future

youtube.com/watch?v=mhubWuCPqVk

tim is way too proud of his intelligence to admit to liking something fun. also one time he was casually trying to talk to some guy about liszt

>mask off
jason is a real nigga and knows taht only pussy niggas listen to future. he knows taht future puts out a lot of shit, but for every one good song he has, he has about 100 shitty songs. though, jason would like this in particular:
youtube.com/watch?v=ib4gyj0nifo

Tim Drake is a product of the 90s and a computer geek, so he listens to weird techno shit

Damian is a poser music snob. So while he listens to basically whatever, he pretends to hate everything that anyone else has ever heard of.

Bruce probably exclusively listens to instrumental stuff because he's always mulling some shit over in his big bat brain and doesn't need lyrics getting mixed in with whatever word problem he's trying to pull apart

Deathstroke listens exclusively to classic rock because he's an asshole

So who is singing ABBA in the shower, anons?

Peter Parker

definitely clark

i can see tim listneing to weird techno shit, though i still feel like he would be a pleb when it came to dick and jason.

damian being a contrarian is the most damian thing ever.

bruce likes the clash, i think in pic related he wither with tim or dick.

deathstroke would listen to classic rock exclusively, the asshole probs loves ac/dc

hawkgirl and big barda are most definitely unashamed fans of metal. for the both of them, ir reminds them of the battle. hawkgirl is a picky patrician so she only listens to shit like paysage d'hiver and ulver. big barda will mostly listen to anything, so long as it goes hard. she also frequently gets complaints from her neighbours for playing her shit too loud:
youtube.com/watch?v=yosDDDAmE2g

aquaman likes classic rock a little bit, but what he absolutely loves is punk rock. black manta will like anything taht aquaman would dislike, which in this case would be soft rock, like styx.

mister miracle would like only the most bubblegum pop type of music one could find, not necessarily anything "mainstream":
youtube.com/watch?v=LMdrk-vCACI

kyle rayner would be Sup Forumscore af. he would probably like death grips

mera would be into disco. on one night when she was on the surface with arthur, she heard a disco song playing and it sounded like what she felt with arthur, playful and sexy:
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8duEIHEig

once in a while dex-starr listens to what his owner used to play

Parker loves Elvis Costello and Elton John

Bruce would like Classical music and Jazz and you know it. The guy grew up in high society, Some Frank Sinatra ,maybe rarely a few motown hits. Gordon would have similar tastes to him.

Diana is definitely a metalhead, full bore.

Clark strikes me as a Jazz, Blues and hard rock kinda guy, given his rural kansas roots.

In fact I imagine most of the Big guys in the Justice League enjoying Jazz or Big Band music. Sinatra, Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles, Nat King Cole With Hal and Barry being major exceptions.

Barry would def be an R&B, pop, fun kinda guy, maybe getting into some funk jams now and then.

I would put money on Captain Cold being a gigantic Foreigner Fan just for the one song. Rocking Rick James on a rare occasion.

Lex Luthor would listen to Classical Music exclusively and Opera like he's Frasier Crane or some shit.

Joker would normally love big wacky band shit and vaudeville piano ditties, But Would absolutely love Funk, 80's R&B and Prince. He'd probably cause mayhem to whatever he could dance about to.

Thor would be the biggest fucking folk and Viking Metalhead ever. Amon Amarth, Heidevolk, Tyr, Wardruna, Sabaton, Turisas, He would also absolutely love big cheesy power metal like Gloryhammer, Hammerfall, Manowar, Blind Guardian, A Sound of Thunder, Accept, Maiden, all kinds of crazy shit like that

we get it OP you like nigga music

Jaime wore a Rise Against shirt in the New 52 series, so I assume he listens to punk. I also feel like he'd listen to music like Pretty Lights, though.
youtu.be/Mc-sUIt5wBg
Plastic Man strikes me as someone who listens to ska for whatever reason.
youtu.be/ije7d6xckSs

Bruce would likely listen to whatever is popular party music in his "Playboy" persona, no music at all in his "Batman" persona and a mixture of songs from his childhood, classical music and incredibly complex jaz and post/prog/math rock along with shit like opera and beat poetry when he actually is listening for himself, along with a lot of "world music" he picked up in his travels.

Dick loves disco, funk and soul, RnB and top 40 along with classic rock and metal.

Jason would be HARD into grunge and heavy/death metal and hardcore super unknown hip hop. Has a huge boner for RAtM.

Tim I am not sure about, probably a mix of Bruce's tastes with top 40 radio music and good weird online meme music, Neil Cicieriega and tons of soundcloud shit.

Damien is a hard core classical snob but probably has a secret soft spot for folk.

Clark is all his parents tastes, country and bluegrass and classic rock with sides of classic and folk and jazz.

Diana is old, but she experienced old things when they where new, and she loves people and the things they create, she probably loves everything other than classical and opera, but especially interwar and postwar jazz, modern folk fusion and very personal, creator driven music.

Barry is again a pop radio lover, but also would obsess over his dads musical tastes, and would over his moms too, which probably means seventies music from their youth. I could also see him liking speed metal just for the pun of it.

Arthur probably likes rock and metal along with folk, and struggles to develop a taste for atlantean music which I imagine sounds like folk composed for an orchestra of whalesong as they predate modern music. Drums and horns would probably carry under water best.

Jack Knight strikes me as the type of guy who is super into one band in specific and a few more to a lesser extent. His favorite would be something like Face to Face and his other favorites would be groups like The Chameleons or Eurythmics.
youtu.be/-SjfKXPMHLM
youtu.be/AuelAz0_Y9I
On that note, Alec Holland listens to swamp noises and he loves it.
Guy Gardner listens exclusively to early 2000s rock bands.
>Jessica Cruz
>bubbly pop
Nah, she'd listen to shit like Adele while she's holed up in her apartment for days on end. Anything that sounds empowering and moody.

Why are you making the same fucking spelling errors over and over again. Is this a meme

>Jaime wore a Rise Against shirt in the New 52 series, so I assume he listens to punk.

Fucking americans

Especially since it sounds almost exactly like traditional Asguardian War Songs. Except punchier.