Is DC trying to make people hate Batman?

He is everywhere and not a single writer seems to know what to do with him. His stories are always about his villains and he hardly has any development or character focused arc.

I just can't stand him anymore despite him being one of my freaking favorites and I keep seeing more and more people getting tired of him.

Do you think it's time for DC to do some major shakes up on the bat office? Bring some new writers who actually cares about the character and not just concerned about writing the next bat epic? Cut down his books to only Batman and Detective plus starring in the Justice League and that's it?

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2000/2000-01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just more stories of him being a detective

What reason do they have to? Even if the trades drip in sales they still make shit loads on merc.

Yes user, DC is trying Yo make you hate the most popular Superhero in the world.

Go fuck yourself, batman haters are obsessed with the character and are cancer in this board. All batman threads that are not storytimes should be a bannable offense.

Op is pretending to like batman so he can complain about his favorite character not being a hit, he is the kind of idiot that complains about brave and the bold for having too much batman or jla dark for using batman as pov and exposition purposes, and believes that without batman we could had totally got those.

White Batman burden. Carrying and giving exposition to c-listers since the brave and the bold comics

Tynion hate Batman and Damian.

What? A modern day capeshit character doesn't have any character driven stories? Sounds so unusual.

Just how fucking new are you? Literally everything you're complaining about has been part of the status quo for DECADES.

Pathetic character fans like you should be banned.

I already said that Batman is one of my favorites and I actually not happy with the way he has been handled. He needs a new writers who aren't Snyder or Tynion. King isn't bad writer, but he's not a good choice for Batman either.

Overexposed the character and milking his popularity so much is going to hurt him in the future and for God's sake stop with "Batman is keeping another big dark secret that going to piss everyone off" or "Look! It's another secret societies attacking Gotham that Batman still refuse to believe that they exist!" stories because they have been done to death in the last 10 years.

>Overexposed the character and milking his popularity so much is going to hurt him in the future

You fuckers have been saying this since the late 80s.

>I already said that Batman is one of my favorites
And no one believes your bullshit the Overexposed meme shows your true colors.

Batman wasn't overexposed nor DC was so depending on him until this decade.

You aren't even worth having a civil discussion with. I'm done with you.

>Batman wasn't overexposed nor DC was so depending on him until this decade.

You are pathetic. Batman isnt overexposed .

>Batman wasn't overexposed nor DC was so depending on him until this decade.

Oh summer child, your naivete is only matched by your inherent stupidity and ignorance of historical facts. Comics sales figures used to be measured based on how well they did compared to Batman.

I agree with you, but unfortunately DC isn't going to do anything until the sales drop which I do think it is going to happen sooner or later.

Let's ignore comic sales, but talk about the stupidity of his use of overexposure.

During the 90's Batman had a way bigger media presence than now. He is just underage

>only matched by your inherent stupidity and ignorance of historical facts
The irony of this post....

Here is a list of best selling comic in year 2000 and batman wasn't even in top 100. I can even show the sales reports for the 90s and early 00s where Batman didn't make it either. He didn't actually become a consistent big seller until 2011.

Forget the pic.

You really don't understand how it works right?

Ba7tman was a big seller for DC. it's just that DC wasnt selling shit. you dumbass, the baseline doesnt equal the top seller

DC's market share was competitive with Marvel's. They had few mega-hits, but most of their titles were selling good mid-range numbers.

Actually Superman and JLA did better than Batman. When Hal returned, GL become DC biggest seller. Heck, GA did better than him.

It wasn't until 2011 when Batman become DC biggest seller and no one comes close to him besides JL.

That was because of the crash of the comics market in the 90s, idiot. Batman sales went down, but so did other books too at DC. The Bat-family comics still sold the best and basically supported the entirety of DC for years.

Most of DC's titles sold more or less the same, there was no one book you could point to as "supporting" the entire company except for Morrison's JLA.

To add to this, for anybody curious, look up Cass' solo book. It was, IIRC, the best selling Bat-book at the time, which was pretty crazy. And then look at solicitations what else DC was putting out, almost nothing. A good third of their entire line was Bat-books.

>King isn't bad writer
Holy kek

>GA did better than him.

One issue

>DC's market share was competitive with Marvel's.

It wasnt.

Not a single book, no, but the Bat-books in general were the top sellers. Which is why the usual complain that Batman is being over-saturated is hilarious, because it's not really impacted the sales for couple of decades. Not even when family crossovers were fairly regular in the early 00s.

Share of Overall Final Order Dollars
DC 29.67%
Marvel 24.87%
Items in Top 300
DC 84
Marvel 45
Share of Units in Top 300
DC 35.20%
Marvel 32.20%

Look at more than just the order of what sold and how many.

He isn't. He's a bad Batman writer though.

And that was just one month. For the entire year 2000
Share of Overall Units
DC 33.56%
Marvel 31.69%
Share of Overall Dollars
DC 31.88%
Marvel 24.91%

This, I love his Vision but I don't think he is doing a good job with Bats.

Vision, Omega Men, Sheriff were all good.

I don't know what the fuck happened with Batman, my only guess is that he's not the biggest Batman fan or he's too constrained by editorial/Johns mandated storylines.

>During the 90's Batman had a way bigger media presence than now. He is just underage
You keep calling him "underage", but I actually think it's you who he is underage.

In the last ten years Batman had the Dark knight trilogy movies, Arkham games, many animated movies, lego movies, Injustice, a TV show, and starring in so many comics which more than any of the other DC characters got.

I don't think it's the editors fault. He is just simply not good with Batman and his style doesn't suit him.

>In the last ten years Batman had the Dark knight trilogy movies

No.

Also fuck you.

>more than any of the other DC characters got.

Why do you thinkn that happened

He also had his own lego games.

Do we know if he's going to write any other book?

I'd hate for him to only keep writing Batman like Snyder does now.

historically it was Superman and Batman books. Supes used to be the big shot in sales until the 90 more or less, then Batman gets more attention and nowdays Bats is the big honcho at DC.

Besides regulars good sellers (JL, Flash, GL, WW, etc,) as years and decades pass some titles get a lot of sales and later drop drastically, some nonexistent now.
Like the Legion of Superheroes that was very strong in the 70 and 80, start to drop in the 90 and so on.The New Teen Titans was big in the 80, Lobo in the 90, etc.

Not him, but eh, Batman blew up in the late 80s after the Batman movie, followed an animated series, a shit ton of movies(both live action and animated) in the 90s. Comic wise, we had more a shit ton of spin offs, like the Bat family titles and his solo titles like shadow of the bat and a couple of anthologies. So I don't know where the "Batman is only overexposed now" meme comes from?
Superman used to be famous too, but the Superman office editors have a history of being incompetent and shit, bringing in shitty writers.

Death of suprman and th advntures of lois and clark did giv him a boost

Death of Superman got exposed as a cheap gimmick once they brought him back, and Lois and Clark has been forgotten, compared to BTAS. Superman movie projects in the 90s that WB was planning also failed to take off.

To be fair, DC has become so focused on Batman in the last 7 years than he was ever before which I think it's understandable why a lot feels that he is more overexposed now.

But that is false, even jonah hex had a movie.

DC isnt focused on batman.

>DC has become so focused on Batman in the last 7 years

Because people keep buying Batman over everything else. Free market knows best, bitch!

Pretty telling that the main books have only been good the past decade while Bruce was dead.

Batman RIP+Return of Bruce Wayne>Batman and Robin

It was obvious from the start the Death of Superman was a cheap gimmick given all the tacky merchandise DC rolled out.

"no"

no

Dickbats was mediocre to pure shit when Morrison wasn't writing him.

Occam's Razor is King has always been a fucking back and you were tricked by the novelty and the hype machine.

Citation needed. And even if it was the case the amount of potential for fresh storytelling in the Bat-Universe was the highest it's ever been.

>How can you objectively say Batman has no depth? He may not always be a favorite or bestseller, but I've never heard anyone accuse him of having no depth.