This flick is fucking garbage. I put off watching it for years. What a fucking slog to get through...

This flick is fucking garbage. I put off watching it for years. What a fucking slog to get through. Just putting it out there for any one thinking of watching it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5eQwoj4qE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when people could actually sit and pay attention to dialogue? Like remember when character interaction drove plots? Whole movies revolved around human beings trying to understand each other.

Should I marathon this, Sup Forums? Does anything happen?

but dude those epic kino shots I heard my film professor drone on about

still better than casablanca

It's reddit circlejerk: the movie

If you're a pleb then don't bother

I liked 12 Angry Men, that was certified kino. CK is complete garbage.

Welles is a pretty shit director. Not only did he do nothing new, most of his filmography is complete shit that just gets worse as it goes on. Citizen Kane is alright but nothing special unless it's the first film you've ever seen. Nonlinear story structure was already done in DW Griffith's Intolerance, shadows and low angles in sound already done in John Ford's Arrowsmith, invisible cuts and whippans in DW Griffith's Abraham Lincoln, deep focus in William Wyler's stuff as well as Jean Renoir's, and Citizen Kane's script is literally Power and the Glory which Preston Sturges wrote. Power and the Glory honestly looks a lot like Kane visually and was directed by William K Howard, who is a far better director than Welles could ever hope to be. But really what makes Welles shit is he lacks any subtlety whatsoever. He makes use of long takes and multiple events happening in the frame well, but his mise en scene is turned up to 11. A lot of his shots look like they were done by a film school freshman shouting for attention (which he kind of was since he was schooled on film history before directing Kane). Really, he's just a name easily impressed plebs that don't know their history lap up. If you actually think anything directed by Orson Welles is good after seeing anything prior by superior directors, your taste is highly questionable and ought to be checked for early signs of down syndrome.

nigga you need to be a in a place where people actually watched that movie instead of pretending to because they saw that shit in a plinkett review or whatever and they know they'll seem smart if they talk about it, like for real nigga the oldest film anyone here watched is the Dark Knight, and that's probably pushing it at this point nigga, your trolling is too high concept for this board

Young Orson is overrated trash
Old Orson is underrated kino

I just marathoned this image. What did I think of it?

I just marathoned this image. What did I think of it?

It's a movie you study, it's not really a good one to watch for "fun"

>It's a movie you study
Oops!!
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5eQwoj4qE

Remember when this board wasn't 99% plebs? I don't

You should try Tree of Life. The storytelling is absolutely riveting and it's a definitely a masterpiece.

Isn't that the question of the day?

Citizen Kane is 100 cineiq-core

How come literally all of those words are used to describe SJW leftard soyboys? Someone obviously got triggered enough to waste time on that crap.

>movies baizuo will never understand

I just marathoned this comment. What did I think of it?

>hurrr durrr someone else did it earlier

what are the best cinemascope movies, bros? any chance some autistic enthusiast with shekels use it again?

>le "someone made that because he's triggered" meme
Grow up.

>Sup Forums- Capeshit and one thread of someone complaining about Citizen Kane

>making a good film is totally unoriginal because somebody has already made a good film
Uh-uh.

I also put off watching it for years because of its reputation that it's just an exercise in various film techniques that only aspiring film makers would enjoy, but then I watched it and found that it was actually a pretty good movie.

I would honestly rather watch random capeshit #395069 than some old shitty movie where nothing happens, but it's supposed to be real good because it's accepted as being real good.

Old slow shitty movies are objectively worse. You're just a 2deep faggot up your own arse.

If your brain is so irreparably damaged that you get bored from a filmmaker as ostentatious and flashy as Orson Welles, there's no saving you.

It makes more sense if you see it as the best, most tryhard student movie ever made

So glad I'm not you.

>Old movies are worse
>than capeshit
the intelligence of the average Sup Forums user, ladies and gentlemen

>The Beatles aren't good because Mozart made music first
do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

old fag

How was the latest Transformers?

Did you see F for fake? Or the lady from Shanghai?